GUIDE ON MELIA SERENGETI LODGE IN TANZANIA
Each year, a scene unfolds in Tanzania that creates a world-class travel experience — more than 1.5 million wildebeests and thousands of zebras traverse a natural corridor in the Mbalageti River Valley in the central region of Serengeti National Park as part of a continuous journey in search of food and water sources. All the while, the animals are under the watchful eyes of lions, cheetahs, hyenas and other hungry predators looking for a quick, tasty meal.
Watch all the action from your private terrace at Melia Serengeti Lodge. Located in central Serengeti, the lodge is a mid-range deluxe option for guests who want the amenities, facilities and services of a hotel-like setting for their exhilarating safari experience. Not only can you take in views of the Serengeti, but also views of the gardens on the property that are home to smaller creatures. The lodge offers comfort while ensuring that AfricanMecca guests have access to hotel-like amenities to create a unique, relaxing escape in the wilds of Africa.
Accommodation At Melia Serengeti LodgeMelia Serengeti Lodge offers 50 rooms, divided into three distinct designs — Melia Lagoon View Room on the ground floor, and Melia Savannah Panoramic Room and Melia Suites on the upper floor with breathtaking views of the Serengeti plains. All rooms feature mini-bars, televisions, extra-long beds, full ensuite bathrooms and hair dryers. The Melia Lagoon View rooms measure 33 square meters and are available with a king-size bed or twin beds. You have exceptional views of the low level savannah and the lodge grounds. The Melia Savannah Panoramic rooms measure 33 square meters and have private terraces that face the plains, as well as king-size beds and personal safes. These rooms are also available as interconnected rooms.
The Melia Suites are ideal for family vacations, offering 144 square meters with two bedrooms, a private lounge with dining area and a terrace overlooking the plains of Tanzania. Guests enjoy dips in a refreshing swimming pool after their intense game drives in Serengeti National Park, as well as browsing the shops, exercising in the gym and being pampered in the spa. All of these options for how to spend your days create a lovely experience that is sure to be one of the most memorable in your lifetime.
Safari At Melia Serengeti LodgeBoard a 4x4 vehicle and venture out into some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world! Melia Serengeti Lodge offers morning and evening game drives in Serengeti National Park. With a bit of luck and expertise of your AfricanMecca guide, you may record the Big Five in a single day of your dream safari trip in Africa! As the sun rises, join your guide for a short drive to a launch point for one of the most memorable ways to see the wildlife and expansive landscape — hot-air ballooning. After soaring above the plains, enjoy a lovely breakfast in the bush. Melia Serengeti Lodge enhances family travel by offering the Kids & Co program to allow your little ones their own adventure in Tanzania.
Dining At Melia Serengeti LodgeComplement your thrill-seeking holiday in Africa with an international gastronomic journey, thanks to the wonderful dining options at Melia Lodge in Serengeti National Park. Savannah Grill offers fusion cuisine of African, Asian and Mediterranean dishes that are served buffet-style. Watch the chef prepare your live-cooked meal in the open kitchen and savor it on the terrace or in the dining area.
Boma specializes in African a la carte cuisine, and the views of the valley are amongst the best that you will see during your exploratory tour. The main bar keeps you warm with Tanzanian coffees, teas, liquors and local gin. As the sun sets on the horizon, find your favorite cocktail at the Pool Bar and watch the sun paint the African sky with spectacular colors.
|1. Serengeti Safari Park Guide||2. Best Time & Weather To Visit Serengeti|
|3. Serengeti Map||4. Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Serengeti|
Option 2: Select Dates Below & Click On See Listings To View Serengeti Prices By Safari Tier
What We Like About Melia Serengeti Lodge
- Melia Serengeti Lodge is a family-focused accommodation with two-bedroom suites and kids’ activities
- This is a year-round wilderness experience in the heart of the Serengeti
- The lodge is in a good location with views of the park. The closest airstrip is Serorena, and it is 36 km from the lodge - around 50 minutes west from the airstrip
- Wildlife do visit the waterhole close to the lodge and also traverse the surrounding areas
- The lodge is a mid-range accommodation that is perfect for guests who want a balanced safari experience
Things To Note When Staying At Melia Serengeti Lodge
- Melia Serengeti Lodge is a large accommodation with more than 50 rooms and motel-style architecture of its rooming block – it may not be ideal for guests who desire an authentic bush tented accommodation
- The lodge has hotel-like amenities, such as a swimming pool, spa and gym — not an authentic safari experience
- Their game packages for fly-in guests only includes 1 half day game drive instead of 2 game drives i.e. morning and afternoon. Extra game drives are additional costs. There are other better and smaller safari lodges and camps in central Serengeti that supersedes Melia Lodge for the price it charges as an international hotel brand
- The lodge can accommodate around 100+ guests during the peak season, so those looking for a small, boutique ambience and personalized services might find it lacking
- Melia Serengeti Lodge only offers a single primary activity — game drives that on rigid schedules i.e. either 7.00 am to 12.30 pm or 12.30 pm to 5.30 pm. Walks are available close to the lodge though prices are on the higher side
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Melia Serengeti Lodge In Tanzania
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN SERENGETI
Read More +
SERENGETI SAFARI & TOUR
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN TANZANIA
Read More +
ZANZIBAR ISLAND & BEACH GUIDE
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca's professionalism and care understands that what distinguishes Africa is its authenticity, the land, people and wildlife who do not share our world of fashion and fanfare that distinguish so many travel companies today.
Cyril Christo & Marie Wilkinson, Conservation Photographers, Authors & Wildlife Documentary Producers - USA
Jambo Raza, We all had a fantastic time on our Tanzania safari. Accommodations were excellent and we loved our guide - Rodgers. We will definitely recommend this safari to others. Thanks for all your help making the arrangements.
Dr Thomas Davis, Methodist Hospital, Minnesota, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
Thanks again to you for arranging a wonderful trip for us. Everything was great from the fantastic wildlife, the scenery, the people, the accommodations and the food. The safari was everything we had hoped for.
Liz and Gunnar Kristiansen - Ontario, Canada
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
We had an absolutely amazing trip in Arusha, Serengeti and Gombe - everything went smooth as silk. Thank you so much Raza for making this trip, the trip of a lifetime. We had an absolutely brilliant time.
Tiffany Heitz & Lesley Smith - California, United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR MELIA SERENGETI LODGE IN TANZANIA
When staying at Melia Serengeti Lodge in Central Serengeti (Seronera River Wilderness), we recommend combining it with your Northern Tanzania safari to Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater. End your trip with a Swahili cultural tour and beach holiday in Zanzibar.
You may optionally extend out to offbeat parks in Southern and Western Tanzania such as Selous, Ruaha or Katavi ending with a chimpanzee trekking safari at Gombe or Mahale by the relaxing Lake Tanganyika.
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO SERENGETI IN TANZANIA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Melia Serengeti Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MELIA SERENGETI LODGE
CENTRAL SERENGETI CAMPS & LODGES
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti CampSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South
Asanja MoruSerengeti Central
Roving BushtopsSerengeti Central
Kiota CampSerengeti Central
Kubu Kubu Tented LodgeSerengeti Central
Sametu CampSerengeti Central
Nimali Central SerengetiSerengeti Central
Siringit Serengeti CampSerengeti Central
One Nature Nyaruswiga SerengetiSerengeti Central
Naona Moru CampSerengeti Central
Melia Serengeti LodgeSerengeti Central
Serengeti Lake Magadi LodgeSerengeti Central
Lahia Tented LodgeSerengeti Central
Ole Serai Luxury CampSerengeti Central
Mbali Mbali Soroi SerengetiSerengeti Central
andBeyond Serengeti Under CanvasSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
Serengeti Pioneer CampSerengeti Central
Dunia CampSerengeti Central
Lemala Ewanjan Tented CampSerengeti Central
Serengeti Safari CampSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
Four Seasons Safari Lodge SerengetiSerengeti Central
Kirurumu Serengeti CampSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South
Serengeti Wilderness CampSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South
Seronera Wildlife LodgeSerengeti Central
Serengeti Sopa LodgeSerengeti Central
Serengeti Serena Safari LodgeSerengeti Central
Mbuzi Mawe Serena CampSerengeti Central
Kati Kati Tented CampSerengeti Central
EXPLORE MORE ON SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK IN TANZANIA
HAVE YOU VISITED SERENGETI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN TANZANIA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MELIA SERENGETI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +