READ MORE ON TRAVEL GUIDE FOR AFRICA
UGANDA TRAVEL GUIDE FOR GORILLA TREK SAFARIS & WILDLIFE TOURS
What Are The Best Guided Travel Experiences In Uganda For 2022-2023?When our expert tour consultants at AfricanMecca Safaris suggest to guests that they consider visiting Uganda, they are often surprised, intrigued, and just a little wary. “Uganda? To see the mountain gorillas only? No!” That is, until we start talking about the incredible wonders of the country. Having stepped out of the shadow of general instability from its former colonial powers of the 1960's and its political unrest of Idi Amin in the 1980’s, the “Pearl of Africa,” has worked towards building a wonderful, more secure future.
And one of the steps the national administration has taken is to institute programs for the conservation and sustainable protection of its natural treasures. Ugandans realize that their parks and reserves and the fabulous diversity of the flora and fauna that reside in them are valuable not just to their country but to the entire world, a UNESCO Site Heritage to be preserved for future generations.
- A country once known as the Pearl of Africa, poised to make its mark on the international scene as a flourishing tourism, economic, and commercial center
- Home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site to be preserved for future generations
- Last habitat of the rare mountain gorillas in the Bwindi and Virunga Mountains
- Opportunity to view a stunning diversity of mammals, birds, and exquisite flora
- A country famous for the forests of the upper altitudes of the Rwenzori Mountains that have remained untouched for millennia
Page Content - Start Here
1. Uganda Is Home To Several Rare Wildlife Species
- Lush forests teeming with a great many species of terrestrial and aquatic animals, birds, and plants
- Other than gorillas, you can also track down 20 other primates including chimpanzees and more than 1,000 bird species including the prized shoebill stork
- Four of the Big Five found here, along with the unique tree climbing lionesses of Ishasha
You can also visit places where they live, alongside over 20 other primate species, more than 1000 species of birds including the rare shoebill, and four of the Big Five of Africa living in the wild with the exception of rhinos, among various other large and small mammals, reptiles, amphibians, insects, and other creatures. Don’t miss the chance to see lionesses napping on the branches of fig trees in the Ishasha sector, or crocodiles lazing on the sands, their mouths agape, beside the banks of Ntungwe River.
2. Uganda Has A Diversity Of Landscapes To Explore On Your Travels
- Opportunity to explore highland forests dating back to 25,000 years with icy glaciers and mountains in a location so close to the equator
- Traveling on the Kazinga Channel that connects two of the most beautiful lakes - Edward and George. Also indulging in a boating cruise on the Nile at Murchison Falls, and also you set out to explore the Ssese Archipelago in Lake Victoria near Entebbe
- Experience the distinctly striking and remote outback of Kidepo Valley
3. Uganda Has Activities & Travel Experiences For Every Vacationer
- Unique experience to offer vacationers, such as forest treks, bush-nature walks, and safari game drives in Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, Kidepo Valley, Lake Mburo, and Semliki
- Birdwatch boating on Lake Albert, canoeing on Mabamba Swamp, fishing, white water rafting on the rapids of the Nile River, or tilapia - perch fishing on Lake Victoria
- Exploring the snowy peaks and glaciers of the Rwenzori Mountains or the dormant volcanoes of the Mount Gahinga
Would you like to scale the snowy peaks and glaciers of the Rwenzori Mountains? Or, maybe you're a mountain novice who would like to climb gentle slopes of Mount Gahinga or Elgon to hone your skills. Go boating to look for the elusive shoebill stork on the Lake Albert Delta or traditional canoeing on Mabamba swamp, river rafting on the rapids of the Nile River near Jinja, or maybe Nile Perch or Tilapia fishing on Lake Victoria. Perhaps you would like to explore the dry, arid expanses that host hot springs bubbling from the ground. If you are looking for beachside relaxation on golden sands with swaying palms and sparkling blue waters, we can make that happen too, even in the heart of Africa in a landlocked country!
4. Uganda Has Earned Accolades From Prestigious Travel Media Organizations
- Country regaining its former esteem and appeal in the tourism circuit having celebrated its 50th anniversary of independence in 2012
- Earned the first position on the “Best in Travel” list by the Lonely Planet and the African Bird Club has voted Bwindi Impenetrable National Park as its top birding site
- Also earned accolades from the esteemed New York Times, National Geographic, World Travel Awards™, Condé Nast Traveler, and Travel + Leisure
Kidepo Valley National Park was ranked third in the “Africa’s 10 Best Parks” list as declared by CNN Travel, while the African Bird Club voted Bwindi Impenetrable National Park as its top birding site. Uganda has also been featured on The New York Times travel section list for 52 Places to Go. National Geographic mentioned Uganda as 50 Places Of A Lifetime to visit. Accommodations such as Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp, Kyambura Gorge Lodge, and Bwindi Lodge have won the World Travel Awards™ while Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure magazines have listed them as best accommodations to stay in Uganda.
5. Uganda Offers A Fascinating Cultural, Religious Inclusivity & Diversity During Your Travels
- Country home to 65 distinct tribal groups that are extremely tolerant of other communities
- A delightful blend of traditions and cultures with a fusion of contemporary influences of the western world
- Mosques, cathedrals, Jewish synagogues, Hindu and Bahai temples stand as a reflection of the warm, friendly demeanor of the people and their attitude of acceptance
Ready to visit Uganda? Be prepared for broad, happy smiles and effervescent, friendly Swahili greetings of “Jambo” fused from the neighboring Kenya and Tanzania — the oft-used term for “Hello!”
Uganda Country Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review For Your Travels & Safari In Uganda
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR SAFARI EXPERTS TODAY TO KICK-START YOUR TOUR PLANNING PROCESS
Request Uganda Custom Or Tailor-Made Safari Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Safari Tier Camp Or LodgeCONTACT AN EXPERT ON UGANDA SAFARI PRICES & TOURS
Read More +
SAFARI PRICES FOR UGANDA
Review individual itineraries and prices of our suggested Uganda safaris with the option of customizing your Africa tour based on your needs and preferences.
Read More +
HOW TO PLAN UGANDA SAFARI?
How to plan Top 11 Uganda safari trips from gorilla and chimpanzee primate treks, photographic, family, romantic honeymoons tours to hiking trails, birdwatching, luxury tour, private and custom tour.
Read More +
PARKS & RESERVES IN UGANDA
Review information on wildlife safari parks, reserves and lakes in Uganda i.e. Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth, Kibale, Murchison Falls, Kidepo Valley, Mgahinga, Semliki, and Lake Mburo
Read More +
ACCOMMODATIONS - LODGES, CAMPS, HOTELS IN UGANDA
Review information on safari lodges and camps, city hotels, lakeside resorts in Uganda's pristine wilderness, cities, lake beach shores and idyllic forests.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT UGANDA ON A SAFARI VACATION
Review details on the best time to go to Uganda to visit its various wildlife outback, forests, beachside lakes, cities and towns, mountains and other wildernesses.
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
Experience the opportunity to track down endangered mountain gorillas of Bwindi and Mgahinga National Parks and other primates like chimpanzees and monkeys of Kibale, Kyambura Gorge, Budongo and Semliki.
Read More +
UGANDA COUNTRY PROFILE
Review country information and travel tips on Uganda i.e. geography, culture, history, climate, tipping guide, what to pack and wear, entry requirements and more.
Read More +
TOP 10 REASONS TO VISIT UGANDA
There are infinite reasons to visit Uganda e.g distinct gorilla and chimpanzee parks, one stop affordable safari destination, big game and birding paradise, diverse activities, mountain climbing etc.
Read More +
AFRICAN SAFARI PRICES
Check out safari prices and itineraries for parks and reserves in other African countries e.g. Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda, Botswana, South Africa, Zambia etc. Namibia, Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe are available on request.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Jambo Raza!!! The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. You listened to what I wanted and delivered it perfectly.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING & TOUR HOLIDAY IDEA UGANDA FOR 2022-2023
We recommend visiting Bwindi for your gorilla safari trek, and combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Uganda? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT A UGANDA VACATION EXPERT
EXPLORE MORE ON NATIONAL PARKS, CAMPS, LODGES, LAKE HOTELS & RESORTS IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED EASTERN AFRICA FOR A SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE UGANDA TRIP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +