READ MORE ON TRAVEL GUIDE FOR AFRICA
TOP 12 TRIP REASONS ON WHY TO VISIT AFRICA
Why Go To Africa For A Safari, Cultural & Historical Trip, Marine Beach Vacation
Below is listing and video experiences of Africa's top touring destinations and individual trip reasons on why you should visit it based on your preference.
- South Africa’s Inspiring Attractions
- Botswana’s Unspoiled Treasures
- Kenya’s Contrasting Wilderness
- Tanzania’s Inimitable Experiences
- Zambia’s Thundering Africa
- Uganda’s Pearls Of Africa
- Rwanda’s Gorillas In The Mist
- Namibia’s Striking Ecology
- Zimbabwe’s World Of Wonders
- Mozambique’s Castaway Beach Escape
- Seychelles’ 115 Island Hideaways
- Ethiopia’s Story Of The Africa’s People
For Tour Planning Guidance On Africa, Please Contact Us.
1. South Africa’s Inspiring AttractionsThe continent of Africa has been touched by cultures from around the world, and South Africa is one of the few places on Earth where you have a truly wholesome experience. The country excels as a modern destination while sustaining the wilderness experience of Africa’s pristine outback, from Kruger, Sabi Sand, Madikwe to Phinda and Shamwari. South Africa offers striking landscapes and wildlife that engages the minds of photographers and conservation enthusiasts around the world. With an infrastructure that rivals even the most cultured European locations, you are assured the conveniences and utmost service that is expected from a thriving and diversified economy. Cape Town and Johannesburg are international tourist centers, and South Africa often hosts some of the world’s most significant international events, such as the Rugby World Cup, Indian Cricket Premier League and Soccer World Cup. As a discerning South African traveler, you enjoy the many benefits of the country, including developed logistics, accommodation, security and service levels. These qualities allow you to immerse yourself in heavenly gastronomic tours, high-end fashions, stunning artwork and museum displays, divine shopping and much, much more.
2. Botswana’s Unspoiled TreasuresAfrica is a treasure trove of ecological gems, and Botswana is by far the shining star of the continent. Prized as the Jewel of the Kalahari, the Okavango Delta is an idyllic oasis that is teeming with diverse botanical and fauna species. In Botswana, you traverse on vehicle, foot, boats and mokoro amongst paths of wild date palms, mangroves, acacias and other flora that adorn the islands, channels and lagoons. Amidst the vegetation are some of Africa’s most beloved creatures. Buffalos, elephants, reedbucks, impalas, zebras, warthogs, hippos and other herbivores search for grasses, leaves and tender morsels. Camouflaged by the landscape and plant life are lions, leopards, wild dogs, cheetahs, hyenas and several other types of sly hunters. The air is filled with the songs and wingbeats of more than 500 bird species. Best of all, the spectacular setting attracts few visitors due to its high cost, making it a perfect destination for like-minded photographers, boutique guests and those who desire a more private African travel experience.
3. Kenya’s Contrasting WildernessNo matter how you define a breathtaking holiday in Africa, Kenya is a land where your every expectation is exceeded. From the sound of millions of wildebeest and zebra hooves thundering across open savannah plains of the Masai Mara to tranquil white sand beaches of Diani, Galu, Malindi and Watamu where palm trees sway in gentle ocean breezes, Kenya is a land of diversity and beauty. Watching the seasonal Great Migration is a spectacular Kenya safari experience for even the most discerning guest, and the abundance of resident wildlife is simply unimaginable. The animals and landscape are well-protected thanks to several neoteric land management efforts that demonstrate the optimum balance between human use and wildlife preservation. While the conservancies like Lewa in Laikipia are founded upon local conservation, the success has brought international attention and served as models for similar efforts around the world.
4. Tanzania’s Inimitable ExperiencesThe centerpiece of your dream travel in Tanzania is the experience. From the moment you first touch the native soil, you feel connected to land, animals and people unlike any others on the planet. As an immersion destination, Tanzania is a place where your imagination blends flawlessly with reality. Images that once remained frozen in nature magazines now stands majestically before your eyes. Tribal peoples like the hunter-gathering Hadzabe to the pastoralist Maasai that you first saw in heartfelt photographs now share your smile and greet you warmly. Vast landscapes that entice the human mind now stretch for miles inviting you to explore every tree, river, plain and mountain. These experiences await you in the land of Tanzania, one of East Africa’s most incredible destinations. A wilderness trip in Tanzania is where your heartbeat matches the rhythm of the Great Migration in Serengeti and Mount Kilimanjaro awakens the adventurer that lies asleep inside you.
5. Zambia’s Thundering Africa“Mosi-Oa-Tunya” translation means “smoke that thunder,” the local description of Victoria Falls in Zambia. As one of the greatest natural wonders on the planet, the falls cascade 355 feet from a natural crevice in the Earth through which the Zambezi River travels. Over 38,000 cubic feet of water cascade down the falls every second, and the sight is simply mesmerizing. Even more intriguing for our guests are the subtle changes to the falls over the course of a year, primarily due to changes in rainfall. During the low waters, swim at the Devils Pool or dine at Livingstone Island, both sited at the lips of the falls. The wildness of Victoria Falls is an exceptional example of Zambia’s unspoiled, pristine outback country. Thanks in part to the country’s many waterways, the wilderness areas are abundant with diverse plants, trees, vegetation, wildlife and birds. Zambia’s national parks are precious natural resource that is prized amongst conservationists, and the Luangwa Valley and the namesake parks of South and North Luangwa are representatives of how proper land and wildlife management enhances the human experience.
6. Uganda’s Pearls Of AfricaUganda is a place where you lose yourself in the wilds of Africa. The country remains a relatively low-visited safari destination, yet Uganda is home to one of the world’s most valued and threatened species that captures the hearts of humans worldwide — mountain gorillas. The number of mountain gorillas on the planet is precariously low with fewer than 1,000 remaining. Uganda is home to around half of the gorillas, and most of them are found in the Ugandan Bwindi Impenetrable Forest while the remaining gorillas are found in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. As a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the forest is globally recognized as a safe haven for mountain gorillas, and AfricanMecca Safaris takes great pride in arranging visits for our guests to see these magnificent primates up, close and personal. Should you desire to enhance your primate experience, Uganda is also a diverse outback to see chimpanzees in the forests of Kibale, Budongo, Kalinzu and also at Semliki Valley and Kyambura Gorge.
7. Rwanda’s Gorillas In The MistExperience your very own “Gorillas in the Mist” African vacation in Rwanda! Followed a professional ranger-guide deep into the natural habitat of Rwanda’s mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park (Parc National des Volcans), and you can even pay homage to those who have worked to protect the awe-inspiring creatures. Dian Fossey, the most acclaimed conservationist who worked with mountain gorillas, is buried in Rwanda. You can also meet some of the local peoples who once poached the animals, but now work to give mountain gorillas a fighting chance to survive and thrive. As Africa’s first national park alongside the bordering Virunga, Volcanoes is home to parts of the continent’s mountain gorilla population. Lake Kivu, one of Africa’s Great Lakes, gives guests a chance to refresh themselves with water-based activities, and the lake is especially noteworthy for its Congo views of Nyiragongo, an active volcano that displays a glow of magma around its rim.
8. Namibia’s Striking EcologyIconic images of Namibia showcase the eerie beauty of its desert landscape. Dating back 80,000,000 years, the sandy landscape is the oldest desert on Earth. The Kalahari Desert and Namib Desert share only the designation of being deserts, as each offers a truly unique experience and varied animal species. True desert lovers appreciate the magnitude of dunes at Sossusvlei in Namib-Naukluft National Park. The immense, clear skies are absolute perfection for those seeking a remote location for star gazing and astronomy amidst a deeply secluded location. Namibia is also a place of contrasting landscapes. Vast expanses of sand dunes edge against magnificent mountains, and the arid country seems an unlikely place to find an ocean, but Namibia has a stunning coastline, especially at the Skeleton Coast. Noteworthy protected areas within Namibia are Etosha National Park, Namib Rand Private Game Reserve, Waterburg Plateau National Park and Fish River Canyon. Favorite activities amongst our guests include wildlife viewing, birdwatching and river fishing.
9. Zimbabwe’s World Of WondersZimbabwe offers something for every budget, making it a top choice for value guests who want an authentic African experience that is also affordable. Changes by the local government have stabilized the country’s infrastructure and made improvements that accommodate tourism. Local operators, though, have maintained pricing to bring in guests of every budget level. But far more than price brings thousands of visitors to Zimbabwe every year. The country is home to some incredible bush destinations where rivers meander through dense plant life, and guests truly enjoy the moderate tropical climate. Diverse national parks, from Hwange, Mana Pools, Nyanga, Matobo to Gonarezhou stand ready to lure you into their gorgeous natural beauty and diverse wildlife. Despite the magnificence of Zimbabwe’s protected areas, the country remains a little-known treasure amidst the popular sites in neighboring countries. But the absence of tourists is a windfall for our guests, as you explore the remote areas with a certain sense of isolation. Joining you are some of the best guides in Africa whose skills, insights, knowledge and experience is recognized around the world as top-notch and unparalleled, especially for walking safaris.
10. Mozambique’s Castaway Beach EscapeWith more than 1500 miles (2500 kilometers) of pristine beaches, Mozambique is a beach lover’s paradise that is blended perfectly with seclusion, mystery and adventure. The area’s history is soaked with tales of quest, trade and explorations. Ibo Island is where Vasco da Gama refreshed during his 15th-century voyage. Pioneering pirates once sailed the waters in search of lone ships to pilfer! Today, the area offers a plethora of beach and marine experiences. The Quirimbas and Bazaruto Archipelagos offer intimate and private getaways for newlyweds and romantic couples. Marlin, sailfish, swordfish and other massive sporting fish are the catch of the day in the channels just off the Mozambique shoreline. With so much beautiful Indian Ocean surrounding the area, fresh seafood plays an important role in creating gastronomical centerpieces for fulfilling meals.
11. Seychelles’ 115 Island HideawaysTravel publications often showcase the beauty of Seychelles – the Indian Ocean lands of 115 granitic and coralline islands. The sparkling water and fine sand beaches complemented by awesome formations of rock create an exceptional seaside destination. The experience is further enhanced by the tropical climate, laid-back atmosphere and complete absence of large crowds. An intriguing world below the water awaits your discovery and exploration of large, pristine coral reefs — some of the best in the world for diving and snorkeling. The splendid setting is an open invitation for sailing and other active-aquatic activities that awaken your inner adventuresome spirit. The lush green mountainous island slopes entice you to delve into their habitats while mountain biking, hiking, jeep tours and other inland pastimes. You see a veritable kaleidoscope of colored bird life, mammals, amphibians and reptiles. While the skillful assistance of your guide, you may even spot a giant Aldabra tortoise, the world’s tiniest frog species and many other small denizens that peek out from the vegetation. Spend hours and hours wandering markets and other shopping venues.
12. Ethiopia’s Story Of The Africa’s PeopleNo country in Africa tells a more compelling story of her people and her human history than Ethiopia. Even the blend of supreme heights of the Simien Mountains and intriguing natural depressions of reflects the human experience of Ethiopia. As you travel to Ras Dashen at 4550 meters above sea level and Danakil Depression at 125 meters below sea level, you begin to feel a deep connection to the native peoples and the influence of global cultures. The country’s active volcanoes seem to cry out like echoing voices, and Blue Nile Falls harkens you to understand that Ethiopia’s history is the momentum behind who she is today. Cultural and religious influences are found in almost every part of Ethiopia. In Lalibela, visit the 13 churches that were hand-carved from the rock of a massive mountain. The cherished Ark of the Covenant is said to be kept under lock and key at the Ethiopian Orthodox Church in Axum, the primary church of its kind in the country. Being inside the fortified walls of the ancient Islamic city of Harar or locally known as Gey takes you beyond its yesteryear trading world. It houses 82 mosques and 110 shrines dating from the 10th century.
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR SAFARI EXPERTS TODAY TO KICK-START YOUR TOUR PLANNING PROCESS
Request Africa Custom Or Tailor-Made Safari Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Safari Tier Camp Or LodgeCONTACT AN EXPERT ON AFRICA SAFARI PRICES & TOURS
Read More +
SAFARI PRICES FOR AFRICA
Review recommended itineraries and prices of our discerning Africa safaris with the option of customizing your tour based on your needs and preferences.
Read More +
AFRICA TRIP IDEAS
Review experiences from wildlife photo safari, horse riding, bush walks, mountain treks, honeymoon to family beach vacation, diving, snorkeling & fishing.
Read More +
PARKS & RESERVES IN AFRICA
Review information on wildlife parks and reserves in Eastern and Southern Africa: Tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Zambia and other countries.
Read More +
ACCOMMODATIONS IN AFRICA
Review information on safari camps, lodges, city hotels, beach resorts in Africa's pristine wilderness, cities, Swahili coastal shores and idyllic islands.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT AFRICA
Review details on the best time to go to Africa to visit its diverse wildlife wildernesses, lakes, rivers, mountains, forests, islands, beaches and other ecologies.
Read More +
BEACHES & ISLANDS OF AFRICA
Review Africa's beautiful Indian Ocean coast and islands where the turquoise waters tenderly wash up white sand beaches that create a serene ambience.
Read More +
AFRICAN COUNTRY PROFILES
Review information and travel tips on African countries: climate, culture, geography, history, tipping guide, entry requirements, what to pack and wear and more.
Read More +
CITY DAY TOURS FOR AFRICA
Review full or half day city tour options for Cape Town, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Zanzibar etc. Experiences can be customized around your vacation travels.
Read More +
TOP 12 REASONS TO VISIT AFRICA
There are infinite reasons to visit Africa e.g wildlife safaris, gorilla and chimp treks, birding, beaches, mountain climbing, cultural tours and more.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Greetings to you and our most fervent thanks for a wonderful trip of Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa & Victoria Falls. Everything went very well. This was truly a perfect vacation. Thank you so much for all your arrangements.
Adrienne & Barrie Carter - Canada
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
We had a great time on your safaris. Thank you very much for all that you did for us. We were in Africa overall for 5 weeks and spent time in South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Tanzania. We just totally loved it.
Bruce and Susie Ironside - New Zealand
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
SAFARI BOOKING & TOUR HOLIDAY IDEA FOR AFRICA
When visiting Africa, we recommend your tour to varied national parks in Africa like Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, Kruger in South Africa, Chobe and Okavango Delta in Botswana, Masai Mara in Kenya to climbing Kilimanjaro, or gorilla and chimpanzee primate safari treks in Rwanda & Uganda ending with beachfront retreat to Zanzibar Island or Cape Town.READ MORE
TRAVEL PLANNING GUIDE FOR AFRICA
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Africa? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA VACATION EXPERT
EXPLORE MORE ON NATIONAL PARKS, CAMPS, LODGES, BEACHES & RESORTS IN AFRICA
HAVE YOU VISITED AFRICA FOR A SAFARI, BEACH OR ANY OTHER TOUR VACATION?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE AFRICA TRIP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +