GUIDE ON NKURINGO BWINDI GORILLA LODGE IN UGANDA
Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?The Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge is an entirely eco-friendly safari holiday accommodation located on the Nteko Ridge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This value, carbon neutral lodge stands at an altitude of 2161 meters and offers marvelous views of the Kashasha River Valley, its namesake Nkuringo Hill, and the magnificent Virunga Volcanoes in the distance, part of the Great Albertine Rift Valley.
Committed to operating with a minimal carbon footprint, this establishment has a series of structures constructed by hand using sustainable, locally available materials. The lounge is a pleasing place to unwind, with a thatched roof, a tree growing in the center, and big windows that provide superb views of Bwindi Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Solar panels provide power, while rainwater is harvested for use in the lodge. Generators are used only when necessary.
- Located at the edge of the Nteko Ridge at an altitude of 2161 meters
- Offers spell-binding views of the Virunga Mountains, Bwindi Forest, Nkuringo Hill, and the Kashasha River Valley
- Constructed out of sustainable materials harvested from the local surroundings
- As a carbon neutral lodge, it follows eco-friendly principles with solar panels for power and rainwater harvesting
- Lounge centered around a living tree with large windows to let in the panoramas
What To Expect At Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 16 rooms in 2 categories
- Families can opt for the two-bedroom Family Villa that can house upto 8 guests
- Garden Cottage Rooms available that are suitable for up to 3 guests
- Villas with interconnecting bedrooms for 6 members also available
- Ensuite bathroom with stone-lined shower area and hairdryers on request
Built on a raised hardwood platform, each room has expansive windows, a wooden floor, and a thatched roof. Open racks are provided so you can unpack, and other add-ons such as a safety deposit box, area rugs, a small seating space, and a potbelly heater lend comfort at an altitude of 2161 meters. You can also spend some safari vacation time on the large patio outside enjoying coffee, the panoramas of the mountains, and the melody of some of the birds that call Bwindi Impenetrable National Park home (birdwatching in Uganda). Ensuite bathrooms have a stone-lined shower area, and hair dryers are provided on request.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Tracking the elusive mountain gorillas in the Nkuringo sector of Bwindi Forest Park
- Viewing some of the 10 different varieties of primates that inhabit here
- Birdwatching to spot some of the 350 species of avian life
- Cultural tours to visit the Batwa community and learn about their traditional arts and crafts
- Trip to Lake Mutanda for a dugout canoe ride and lunch at the restaurant by the lake
You may also spot some of the more than 350 varieties of avian life, 120 mammals, and various reptiles, amphibians, and insects present in the park. The landscape of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is marked by hilly crests, vales, and waterfalls that you can enjoy exploring its other trails. Many tourists also take the time to visit the Batwa community to learn about their hunter-gatherer lifestyle and traditional arts and crafts of the Uganda culture. Take a trip to the nearby Lake Mutanda for a dugout canoe ride and lunch in the lakeside restaurant.
How Is The Dining At Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge?
- Indoor and outdoor dining options available. Dinner is a four-course meal
- Restaurant located within the lounge providing fabulous views as you eat
- Packed lunches provided to guests wishing to go on day-long excursions
- Freshly-baked breads, soups and a range of authentic Ugandan and international cuisines available
- Specific dietary preferences are welcome; the chef prepares meals on request
What We Like About Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge
- Has a strategic location atop the Nteko Ridge, providing travelers superb views of the Virunga Volcanoes, Bwindi Forest Park, and Kashasha River Valley.
- Has just 16 rooms, providing a tranquil safari experience with few other visitors. The lodge rooms have a fireplace, and hot water bottles are tucked in bed each evening.
- Eco-friendly lodge committed to a neutral carbon footprint; uses solar panels for generating power, performs rainwater harvesting, and has structures constructed by hand out of locally available, sustainable materials.
- Has a small massage room that provides basic care to guests, helping them relax in between hiking and wildlife viewing excursions.
- Has family-friendly facilities like the interconnecting Family Villa housing upto 8 guests.
Things To Note When Staying At Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge
- Has a series of structures scattered across the Nteko incline and is not suitable for physically challenged vacationers.
- Uses a generator for power in the absence of sunshine. Delivery of hot water from showers can be variable at times.
- Offers only modest amenities and facilities, so high-end or even deluxe seeking guests looking for luxurious services might find the lodge lacking.
- Does not have a swimming pool or fitness center for the right reasons. It is an authentic primate base lodge.
- Rooms have variable views, with some of them facing the Virunga Volcanoes and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
BWINDI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR NKURINGO BWINDI GORILLA LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NKURINGO BWINDI GORILLA LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NKURINGO BWINDI GORILLA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +