GUIDE ON BUHOMA LODGE IN UGANDA
Buhoma Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?The Buhoma Lodge offers easy access to the Buhoma trail, making it a perfect safari base for tracking down mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. This deluxe vacation accommodation, one of the only two located inside the park, is an entirely eco-friendly establishment constructed of natural, locally available materials. Water is supplied by way of a gravity-based system, and solar panels generate power for lighting and charging electronics. The lodge also sources most of its supplies from nearby communities. It has a pleasing two-story lounge furnished with furniture made of rough-hewn wood and bamboo poles. Enjoy the lodge’s rustic ambiance, with views of the mist-covered Bwindi Park from the upper story, which is open-sided, with a roof of woven thatch.
- Perfect base for accessing Bwindi Impenetrable National Park thanks to its proximity to Buhoma Trail and lodge location inside the park
- Built using naturally-occurring materials including bamboo and thatch harvested sustainably from the park
- Eco-friendly accommodation using solar panels for power and gravity-based water supply system
- Rustic ambiance offering stunning views of the forest canopy
- Supports local communities by sourcing supplies from closeby farms
What To Expect At Buhoma Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 10 chalets reached by climbing a series of steps
- Surrounded by lush foliage giving guests the treehouse feel
- Family/Honeymoon Suite with a separate living area for newly-weds and couples on safari holiday
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a shower area and single or twin vanities, some units have a bathtub
- Balcony with each room for relaxing and enjoying the views
Should you opt for the Family/Honeymoon Suite, you will find that it has a separate living area with a fireplace that lends a cozy feel. The rock-lined, ensuite bathroom at the back features a stand-alone vanity or twin vanities and a curtained-off shower area. Some rooms also have a bathtub. You will also have a private balcony where you can spend time reveling in the jungle vistas and, perhaps, even spot an adventurous gorilla intruding into the lodge grounds (best season to visit Bwindi).
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Buhoma Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Tracking down the incredible mountain gorillas inhabiting the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Watching primates and their feeding, grooming, and napping habits
- Spotting some of the 10 species of primates along with 200 kinds of butterflies and 350 avian varieties of birds
- Visits to the local community of the Batwa people to understand their medicine-making methods using plants
- Shopping for souvenirs at the lodge store to support the livelihoods of the forest craftsmen
Should you go on nature walks in the park, you may be able to spot some of the 200 species of butterflies and over 350 species of birdlife present here, some of which are unique to the park. Also, get an introduction to the native plant life, some of which has been growing here for many millennia, having survived the last Ice Age. You can go on community walks to nearby villages, where you can learn about the traditional lifestyle of the people e.g. the Batwa tribe. Take lessons in hunting, making medicines from plants, and brewing beer from banana leaves. Before you leave, be sure to shop for mementos at the lodge store, which supports local artisans.
How Is The Dining At Buhoma Lodge?
- Restaurant located within the lounge area
- Delicious four-course meals served using fresh ingredients grown on surrounding farms
- Provision of packed lunches for guests going on day-long excursions in the park
- Special meals including gluten-free or other dietary requests welcomed
- Bar serving sundowner drinks ideal for spending time with fellow travelers and exchanging experiences
What We Like About Buhoma Lodge
- Offers easy access to the Buhoma trail, which you will follow to locate the mountain gorilla family allotted to you by permit in Bwindi.
- Provides the services of expert masseuses who can help you relax tired muscles after your trekking trips. Complimentary 30 minute massage each day.
- Has just 10 chalets, providing for an intimate safari experience with personalized service. Some chalets have a bathtub.
- It’s an eco-friendly establishment that uses sustainable construction materials, solar panels for generating power, and gravity-based systems for supplying water.
- Feeling of staying in a treehouse or gorilla nest. One of the only two lodges located inside the park.
Things To Note When Staying At Buhoma Lodge
- Rooms, restaurant, and lounge are accessible with flights of stairs, making this vacation stayover unsuitable for mobility-challenged guests.
- Rustic accommodation with few amenities and facilities, which high-end, discerning guests may find inadequate for their stay in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Offers a larger family room with a separate living area, but no other child-friendly services.
- Does not have a swimming pool or fitness center. Offers an authentic lodge experience.
- Laundry is included in your rooming price. If you are going to do any laundry, ensure that you bring quick dry clothing as the items are line dried.
Buhoma Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Buhoma Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Buhoma Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
BWINDI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR BUHOMA LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Buhoma Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Buhoma Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON BUHOMA LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE BUHOMA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +