GUIDE ON CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE IN UGANDA
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?The Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is a luxury safari vacation base that was developed as a joint venture between the International Gorilla Conservation Project (IGCP) and African Wildlife Foundation (AWF), who are committed to the upliftment of the local communities around Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Located at a lofty height of 2,000 meters above sea level, the boutique lodge has a charming stone facade and decor that’s a pleasing combination of rustic grandeur and elegance.
The lounge is a comfortable place to spend time while enjoying the warmth of the fireplace and panoramic views of the reserve’s mist-covered highlands. Travelers looking to spend time visiting the mountain gorillas of Bwindi will be pleased to learn that the lodge offers easy access to the Nkuringo base, where the gorilla tour will begin. On average, the home range of the Nkuringo family is around 1.5 to 2 hours.
- A joint venture between the International Gorilla Conservation Project (IGCP) and African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
- Located at the height of 2,000 meters above sea level
- Easy access to the Nkuringo Sector, the trek entry point of the namesake gorilla family
- Pleasing decor that combines elements of rustic luxury and elegance
- Fantastic views of the Bwindi Park and Virunga Mountains Range with their mist-covered peaks
What To Expect At Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 7 cottages reached by walking over stone-paved pathways
- Constructed using natural volcanic rock collected sustainably from the park
- Separate living room with handmade paintings, two fireplaces, and plush sofas for relaxation
- Dedicated butler and housekeeper take care of guests’ needs
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a shower and twin vanities
Plush sofas in the living room, a writing desk, a two-sided wood fireplace, area rugs, and throw pillows lend warmth and lavish comfort to the accommodations. Pieces of lovely, hand-painted art by local artists grace the walls, and a dedicated butler and housekeeper are available to take care of your needs. You will also have a private patio, where you can relax with coffee or freshly-made juice while watching the highlands of Bwindi lighting the sky a brilliant red during twilight. Ensuite bathrooms include twin vanities and showers.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Primary explorations in the Nkuringo Sector of Bwindi Impenetrable Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Option of tracking the famed mountain gorillas in Rushaga Sector, around 60 - 90 drive minutes away
- Spending 60 minutes in the company of the gentle primates to watch and learn their behavior
- Walking tours to spot some of the 350 species of birds, 200 kinds of butterflies, and 150 types of mammals
- Cultural excursions to visit the local village of the Batwa people
Bwindi is also famous for being home to nearly 350 species of birds, 150 varieties of mammals, 200 kinds of butterflies, and various reptiles, amphibians, and insects. You can go on bird-watching and hiking trips for an opportunity to view some of the species native to the Albertine Rift Valley. In all, the reserve hosts 10 different primates, including black and white colobus monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, olive baboons, and red-tailed monkeys. You may also have the opportunity to visit the lakes and local villages, where the pygmy Batwa communities live.
How Is The Dining At Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge?
- Inhouse restaurant and bar where meals are served with the accompaniment of fine wines
- Indoor and alfresco dining options available to revel in the enchanting views
- All meals cooked using organic ingredients grown in the kitchen gardens
- Provision for ordering breakfast, tea, and desserts in your room
- Requests for specific tastes and dietary requirements accepted
What We Like About Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- Located close to the Nkuringo base, with easy access to trekking trails and fabulous views of Bwindi Forest Park Virunga Volcanoes Range.
- Endorsed partnership by International Gorilla Conservation Project (IGCP) and African Wildlife Foundation (AWF).
- Dedicated butlers, housekeeper, and other staff members take special care of touring guests with laundry and shoe cleaning, serving in-room meals, and other requirements.
- With just 7 rooms, the lodge is ideal for an intimate, tranquil luxury safari experience with few other visitors.
- Supports the local community and contributes a percentage of earnings from each room towards development projects.
Things To Note When Staying At Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- The road leading from Kisoro Airport to the lodge is a dirt track, resulting in an uncomfortable and bumpy 2-3 hour ride to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Does not have a swimming pool, spa, or fitness center. Wi-fi is available in the main.
- Not entirely eco-friendly nor carbon neutral; building materials are green, but lodge lacks solar panels for electricity, water harvesting and its social responsibility needs more exposure and growth.
- Rooms only accessible via steps, so lodge may not be suitable for guests who are physically challenged. Due to the 2000 meter altitude, we recommend you acclimate yourself for your trek and stay at Clouds.
- Do not miss out on the complimentary hand massage on arrival. Extra massage services can be booked at the lodge. Spa setup is rustic and small - needs an aesthetic oomph.
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN BWINDI PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE CLOUDS MOUNTAIN GORILLA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +