GUIDE ON GORILLA SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Gorilla Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?When you arrive at the Gorilla Safari Lodge in the Rushaga sector of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, you will receive a warm welcome with smiles, refreshing towels, and a cool fruit drink with, perhaps, a hand massage. This unpretentious accommodation for holidaymakers touring the park stands on the edge of the park, which is within a 5-minute drive. If you are doing the gorilla habituation experience, the drive is 45 minutes to the meet-up point.
You can also arrive from Volcanoes National Park or Kigali in Rwanda or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Set within a property that is beautifully landscaped with flowering shrubs and tall hedges, the lodge has a series of structures placed at a sufficient distance apart to ensure complete privacy. The lounge is a lovely place to relax, furnished with comfortable sofas and a cozy ambiance that radiates from the fireplace. You can also spend time out on the porch, enjoying the fabulous vistas of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Or, visit the modest spa for a massage that will help you loosen sore muscles after your treks in the forest.
- Located within the Rushaga sector on the outside borders of Bwindi Impenetrable Park
- Stands within a 5 minutes’ drive to the trailhead offering easy park accessibility to the attractions
- Landscaped property with lush tropical greenery and flowering bushes
- Can be combined with a twin gorilla safari in Rwanda or golden monkeys at Mgahinga
- Basic spa for getting simple massages that help loosen aching muscles after trekking expeditions
What To Expect At Gorilla Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 18 cottages scattered around the property
- Stone-paved pathways leading to the cottages and lighted by lanterns in the evenings
- Eco-friendly establishment using solar panels for lighting the rooms
- Ensuite bathroom featuring tiled shower area or bathtub for long soaks
- Interconnecting units available for larger groups of guests and families with kids
Five of the cottages include two ensuite rooms with a fireplace and interconnecting doors for larger groups of guests and families. The large seating arrangements, inside and out on the porch, provide comfortable nooks where you can unwind. Some of the larger cottages ensuite bathrooms have bathtubs for soaking at the end of your treks in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (best time to visit and seasonal months to travel) while others have a tiled shower areas for a quick wash.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Gorilla Safari Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Tracking the famed mountain gorillas in their natural habitat in the Bwindi Impenetrable Park
- Spending a precious one hour in the company of the primates observing their habits
- Nature walks along the many trails to see 350 species of birds, 200 varieties of butterflies, 120 mammals, and various other flora and fauna
- Exploring the landscape of the reserve with trips to the Bayenda Falls
- Visit the community of the Batwa Pygmy people to understand their traditional ways of life
You will also have the opportunity to explore the diverse, stunning landscapes of Bwindi National Park, which include deep valleys, rocky ridges, shimmering waterfalls, and burbling streams that pour into the 5 rivers that enter the park. The closest cascades are the Bayenda Falls, where you can view varied bird species. Before concluding your gorilla safari in Uganda, you will want to take the time to visit the local community of the Batwa Pygmy people to understand their way of life, steeped in cultural tradition.
How Is The Dining At Gorilla Safari Lodge?
- Candlelit evenings where guests can spend time interacting with traveling companions
- Restaurant is within the central lodge area where meals are served
- Alfresco dining in the gardens or on your private deck organized on request for guests celebrating special events e.g. anniversary, birthdays etc
- With prior notice, dietary preferences can can catered for e.g. vegetarian, halal
- Provision for packed lunches for guests wishing to go on day-long excursions
What We Like About Gorilla Safari Lodge
- Strategically located in the Rushaga sector of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, just a 5-minute drive away from the closest trailhead.
- Offers simple massage spa services that vacationers can experience after their gorilla-tracking excursions for unwinding sore muscles.
- Some of the larger cottages have a fireplace with a combined bathtub and shower.
- Uses solar panels for generating power to light the cottages, and lanterns to light the pathways and rooms.
- The staff do try hard to make your stay comfortable and pleasing. Hot water bottles tucked in just before you retire for bed.
Things To Note When Staying At Gorilla Safari Lodge
- Gorilla Safari Lodge is not a luxury or a deluxe accommodation. Also, its all inclusive meal plan limits on the drinks intake. Do check on what and how much you can consume on check-in.
- With 18 cottage rooms that caters upto 45 guests, it loses the intimacy and personalization that other smaller lodges can provide. Prices are on the higher side for a value accommodation.
- Food quality and rooming aesthetics are average, and some rooms need improvement to maintain consistency of ever-improving standard; though, expected for a Value Tier 3 Safari property.
- Hot water can quickly finish and low water pressure during showers is an issue; sometimes it only trickles.
- The lodge is surrounded by a community area; therefore, expect hubbubs during the day and night, and also during cultural events in the villages.
Gorilla Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Gorilla Safari Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Gorilla Safari Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
BWINDI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR GORILLA SAFARI LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Gorilla Safari Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Gorilla Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON GORILLA SAFARI LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE GORILLA SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +