GUIDE ON BWINDI LODGE IN UGANDA
Bwindi Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Bwindi Lodge is a luxury safari stayover standing at the edge of the namesake forest canopy, just outside the boundaries of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Tour vacationers staying at this Uganda lodge will be pleased to learn that the magnificent mountain gorillas they are here to see could, instead, visit them! The lodge sits at an altitude of 1472 meters above sea level, and it’s known for some fascinating visitors that are often seen wandering around the grounds. Spend time in the lounge, which allows for breathtaking views of the primate reserve and the dramatic mists floating above the forest canopy.
Perhaps relax out on the rock-lined deck or under the thatched roof gazebo, which is furnished with rough-hewn chairs. You might also spot some of the 350 species of birds that thrive in the lush environs of Bwindi National Park, along with primates like the red-tailed monkey or black and white colobus monkeys. With luck, you may even witness gorillas traversing the grounds of Bwindi Lodge. If you’re feeling like a bit of pampering, visit the Humula Forest Spa for expert massages that smooth away the aches and pains from your trekking trips.
- Standing at an altitude of 1475 meters on the edge of the Bwindi Forest
- Location just outside Bwindi Impenetrable Park allowing for easy accessibility to the trailheads
- Spell-binding vistas of the mist-covered volcanic peaks. Gorillas have previously visited the lodge grounds on several occasions
- Spa for getting expert massages to soothe aching muscles from trekking expeditions
- Lounge with large windows and rustic ambiance in keeping with the forest surroundings
What To Expect At Bwindi Lodge Accommodation?
- Luxury Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 9 banda chalets reached by walking over stone-paved pathways
- Choice of standard and deluxe banda chalets with twin single beds or a large double bed
- Ensuite bathroom featuring twin vanities, shower area, and hairdryer
- Private butler assigned to each tent to take care of the guests’ needs
- Private patio with a seating arrangement for sipping on coffee and enjoying the forest views
Other features in the rooms include side tables, area rugs, power outlets for charging electronics, and a table at the end of the bed for placing baggage. The ensuite bathroom is at the back and features twin vanities, a hairdryer, and a shower area lined with rock detailing. Enjoy sipping on coffee or drinks served by your private butler outside on the patio while reveling in the gorgeous forest vistas of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Bwindi Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Trekking through the forest to see the gorilla family assigned to you and observing their habits
- Spotting some of the 150 species of butterflies and other flora and fauna that abounds in the park
- Walking tours to explore the picturesque river underneath the lodge or visit the forest waterfalls
- Birding excursion to spot some of the Albertine endemics of Bwindi
- Visits to Bwindi Bar for cultural interactions with the local people at their community and participation in their regular activities
Travel along the forest trails under the supervision of an expert guide, who will help you spot some of the 350 bird species, 200 species of butterflies and 150 varieties of mammals that also call the forest home. Your AfricanMecca Safaris consultant can also work with you to plan a visit to the river underneath the lodge or the Munyanga River Trail, which are known for their calming beauty amidst the tranquility of Bwindi Forest.
How Is The Dining At Bwindi Lodge?
- Lip-smacking three-course meals served in the dining area warmed by a fireplace
- Traditional Ugandan and international cuisines available. Visit Bwindi Bar to sample the local foods
- Indoor and alfresco dining options on request
- Provision for meals to be served on a communal table so guests can interact with fellow travelers
- Fine dining experience amidst the wilderness of Bwindi Park
What We Like About Bwindi Lodge
- Easy access to mountain gorilla tracking excursions, with the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park trailhead just 500 meters away.
- Offers 9 banda chalets, allowing for an intimate safari vacation experience without the crowd of many guests. A personal butler service is attached to each room.
- Offers an immersive fauna-viewing experience, with mountain gorilla families, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and other primates visiting the lodge grounds.
- The Humula Forest Spa provides expert massages to soothe aches and pains from trekking adventures. One complimentary massage during your stay.
- The lodge owner has created a non-profit trust to assist in creating self-sustaining programs that enhances the lives of the local communities, conservation of Bwindi’s wildlife, the restoration of surrounding ecology and minimization of human-wildlife conflict.
Things To Note When Staying At Bwindi Lodge
- Some rooms are accessible only via stone-paved pathways with steps and not suitable for physically challenged tourists.
- Lodge reaches capacity quickly and guests visiting Bwindi Impenetrable National Park should book 12-18 months in advance for their preferred travel dates.
- No swimming pool or fitness center for the right reason i.e. to maintain the authenticity of a safari lodge amidst the endangered mountain gorillas of Uganda.
- Bwindi Lodge is located in the Buhoma sector, which receives the highest footfall of primate-seeking tourists.
- Out of the 9 chalets, 2 of them are the deluxe category with a higher price range.
Bwindi Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Bwindi Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Bwindi Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN BWINDI PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR BWINDI LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Bwindi Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Bwindi Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON BWINDI LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE BWINDI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +