GUIDE ON MAHOGANY SPRINGS IN UGANDA
Mahogany Springs Overview & Where Is It Located?Tucked away in the lush wilderness of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, close to the rustling Munyanga River, is the Mahogany Springs. Beautiful, lush plants and trees surround the structures that make up this rustic-themed mid-range lodge. Spend your Uganda safari vacation time unwinding on the panoramic terrace of the lounge, which boasts indoor fireplaces, seating area, and a small library that introduces you to the fabulous wildlife of the reserve. The lounge has a high, sloping thatched roof, wooden floors, and expansive floor-to-ceiling glass windows that offer superb views for the ultimate safari ambiance.
- Fabulous views of the Bwindi Forest and its highland crests
- Sprawling lounge with two fireplaces, seating area, small library, and tall windows
- Partially constructed out of naturally-occurring materials harvested from the surrounding forests
- Seating area on the open deck to enjoy the forested environs
- Trek out to Munyanga River near the property with lush tropical greenery
What To Expect At Mahogany Springs Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 12 banda suites
- The 8 Superior Suites are spacious enough to sleep 3 guests
- The 2 Honeymoon Suites are available for newlyweds and couples desiring privacy
- The 2 Presidential and Family Suite which has two bedrooms, and is ideal for larger groups of up to 4 members
- Ensuite bathroom with rustic rock-themed tiled walls, few of the rooms also have a bathtub
All the rooms have beds with mosquito netting, a writing desk that doubles as a dressing table, and a private terrace accessible through french glass doors overlooking the gorilla jungles of Bwindi National Park. Power points are in each room so that guests can charge electronic devices. All ensuite bathrooms have a shower stall lined with rock-themed terracotta tiles, while some also offer a bathtub.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Mahogany Springs On Bwindi Safari?
- Proximity to the Buhoma Headquarters Gate that can be accessed with a short 2-minute drive
- Tracking rare mountain gorillas under the supervision of an expert guide and tracker
- Spending 60 minutes with the gorilla family assigned to you from a safe distance
- Bird watching excursions that take you to see some of the 350 species of avian life
- Cultural safaris in the company of the Batwa people, participating in their traditional activities like making plant based medicines and beverages
You may also want to spend some travel time in park on a birdwatching excursion, where you can look for some of the 350 species of avian life that thrive here. Some of them endemic to these highlands, and live alongside 120 varieties of mammals and an impressive range of flora. By crossing the river, you can take a trip out to the tribal community of the Batwa people, and join in some of their cultural activities, including lessons in making medicines from plants and herbs or beer from banana leaves.
How Is The Dining At Mahogany Springs?
- Delicious meals cooked using organic ingredients harvested from the kitchen gardens
- Experienced chef who cooks a range of traditional Ugandan and international cuisine
- Freshly-baked cakes and biscuits served at high tea
- Lounge and terrace dining options available
- Mahogany Springs Bar in the lounge area serves international branded drinks
Pros & Cons At Mahogany Springs In Bwindi
What We Like About Mahogany Springs
- Located a two-minute drive from the Headquarters Buhoma Gate of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Offers an immersive safari experience, with access and views of the Munyanga River.
- The staff provides warm and friendly service, going out of their way to take care of touring guests.
- Offers just 12 suite rooms to allow for an intimate and personalized experience including honeymoon suites for newlyweds and couples
- Provides a family-friendly suite that can accommodate up to four guests.
Things To Note When Staying At Mahogany Springs
- Does not have a swimming pool, fitness center, or spa, but offers the services of a masseuse.
- Not suitable for physically challenged touring guests, since the lodge is located on an incline and rooms are only accessible by steps.
- No air conditioning or fans; guests may find it hot during the day when temperatures are on the higher side. Hot water bottles can be requested on cooler nights.
- Mahogany Springs is not a luxury lodge. Its modest rooms, amenities and facilities are not appropriate for discerning upmarket guests visiting Bwindi.
- Not an eco-friendly lodge; does not have solar panels or other sustainable measures documented. Powered primary through the national grid.
Mahogany Springs Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Mahogany Springs Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Mahogany Springs In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Bwindi based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
BWINDI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Bwindi? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR MAHOGANY SPRINGS IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Mahogany Springs during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Mahogany Springs? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MAHOGANY SPRINGS
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MAHOGANY SPRINGS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +