GUIDE ON SILVERBACK LODGE IN UGANDA
Silverback Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Silverback Lodge is a part of a chain of properties across East Africa owned by Marasa Africa. Sitting atop a ridge overlooking the valley below, this lodge is a value establishment in the Buhoma sector of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, which is just a five-minute walk away from the park headquarters gate. Safari vacationers staying at the lodge will be charmed by the sight of the structures constructed out of naturally occurring materials like sisal rope, volcanic rocks, forest vines, and purple slate stones, topped by woven thatch roofs.
Beautifully-landscaped gardens with flowering bushes form the setting of the property, with a vine-covered shaded veranda furnished with wicker furniture to relax. The indoor lounge is adorned with quaint, hand-carved sofas, giving the room a cozy feel. In between your gorilla-trekking trip in Bwindi Impenetrable Park, you must stop by the spa for expert massages that soothe away the aches and pains.
- Belonging to the hospitality chain of Marasa Africa that has lodges and camps in different locations in Uganda
- Located within the Buhoma sector of Bwindi Park which can be reached with a five-minute walk
- Built out of sustainable materials sourced from the surrounding forests
- Spa for getting expert massages after gorilla-tracking excursions
- Indoor lounge and outdoor veranda for relaxing and taking in the picturesque views
What To Expect At Silverback Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 12 rooms of which 6 are close to the lounge
- Choice of rooms with a large double bed or twin singles furnished with unpretentious beds covered with mosquito netting
- Veranda for sipping on a morning cup of tea or coffee
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a curtained-off shower area and single vanity
- Attractive landscaped gardens with a view of Bwindi Forest
All rooms have a stone-floor veranda – the perfect place to spend time sipping on tea or coffee as you view the mists gently rising above the forest canopy, or perhaps look for some of the 350 bird species that thrive in the wilderness reserve. The ensuite bathroom features a curtained-off shower area and single washbasin.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Silverback Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Tracking gorillas through the mist-covered forests of Bwindi Impenetrable Park
- Looking for some of the 200 species of butterflies and 25,000-year-old flora dating back to the Ice Age
- Exploring Bwindi Park’s that has attained the prestige of being a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Spending time with the local Batwa people also known as “keepers of the forests”. Option of participating in the Ride for a Woman Biking program
- Spotting some of the 9 other species of primates that also thrive in the reserve
As you safari holiday in the environs of Bwindi Park (best season and time to visit), you will be fascinated to learn that the reserve earned the status of a UNESCO World Heritage site. Your guide will explain that aside from the rare mountain gorillas, the reserve hosts nine other species of primates, each more fabulous than the one before e.g. red-tailed monkeys, L’Hoest monkeys, black and white colobus monkeys, olive baboons, vervet monkeys. You can also take the time to interact with the local Batwa Pygmy people who have lived here for centuries. Learn about their traditional hunter-gatherer lifestyles, arts and crafts, and music and dance forms. You can also take a guided mountain bike excursion on the Ride for a Woman Biking program.
How Is The Dining At Silverback Lodge?
- Summit Bar for ordering alcoholic drinks and cocktails
- Range of traditional Ugandan and international cuisines available
- Indoor and alfresco dining options available to enjoy meals with vistas of the forest
- With prior notice, meals can be prepared to suit special dietary preferences and specific tastes
- Barbecued dishes cooked onsite as you wait
What We Like About Silverback Lodge
- Close proximity to Buhoma sector of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, with trailhead just a 5-minute walk away.
- A small value lodge with just 12 rooms, offering tranquil safari experience with few other guests.
- Built out of naturally-occurring materials like purple slate stones, volcanic rock, sisal rope, forest vines, and woven thatch.
- On-site spa where safari vacationers can get massages and relax after gorilla-tracking excursions.
- A nice view of Bwindi Forest from its valley location amidst its landscaped gardens.
Things To Note When Staying At Silverback Lodge
- Not an entirely eco-friendly lodge – solar panels for generating electricity is lacking or any other green operating methods to lower carbon footprint.
- Room standard and aesthetics needs improvement.
- The lodge is located outside the Bwindi park boundaries.
- Some tourists staying here may find that the connecting lined rooming structures lack privacy (very close to each other), and the uninspired tiled bathrooms and floors are not keeping up with the safari ambiance.
- Service levels can be variable at times; though, expected from a Value Safari Tier 3 accommodation.
Silverback Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Silverback Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Silverback Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
BWINDI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SILVERBACK LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Silverback Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Silverback Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SILVERBACK LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SILVERBACK LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +