GUIDE ON PINEAPPLE BAY RESORT IN UGANDA
Pineapple Bay Resort Overview & Where Is It Located?From Entebbe you can take a 45-minute boat trip over the shimmering waters of beautiful Lake Victoria. Or perhaps an 8-minute helicopter ride over the waters, enjoying an aerial view of some of the 86 islands dotting the lake before you land on the private Bulago Island in southeastern Uganda’s Ssese archipelago. Upon your arrival on the 500-acre island, you’ll be greeted by pristine sandy tan-colored shores and the sight of Pineapple Bay Resort’s terra cotta colored buildings.
A deluxe accommodation, the resort features attractive Swahili coast architecture with all the romance of Arabian Nights. Spend languorous hours in the warm sunshine in Lamu beds or loungers beside the swimming pool, shaded by palm trees. Take a dip while enjoying spectacular views of the lake and the crescent-shaped bay spread out in front of you, teeming with gorgeous shorebirds.
- Fascinating architecture that combines elements of Swahili elements
- Swimming pool surrounded by loungers for sunbathing and napping
- Bulago Island reached by a 45-minute boat ride or 8-minute helicopter ride from Entebbe
- Tan colored sandy shores fringed by lush tropical greenery and turquoise waters of the lake
- Pier leading out into the lake for panoramic vistas or even fishing
What To Expect At Pineapple Bay Resort Accommodation?
- Deluxe Beach Tier 2 Experience. Total of 8 rooms
- Choice of lake-facing units or rooms standing further back in the gardens
- Covered patio with island-style armchairs for napping in the warm sun or enjoying the splendid views
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a single vanity and walk-in shower area
- Brightly-colored furnishings reflecting the myriad colors of the flowers and birds
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Pineapple Bay Resort In Entebbe?
- Barefoot strolls along the beach or exploring the rocky crags on the shoreline
- Wandering through the grassy meads in the center of the island or rainforest on the northeast
- Pony rides for going bird watching to sight some of the 200 species of avian life
- Fishing excursions to catch varieties like Nile perch, tilapia, and other freshwater fish
- Trips to Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary to view the primates and conservation efforts
While the presence of crocodiles, bilharzia, and hippos make it ill-advised to swim in Lake Victoria, you can go sailing. Prebook with AfricanMecca a fishing boat for angling tours and you might just catch tilapia, Nile perch, and other freshwater fish. You could also travel to the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, which can be reached by a short 30-minute boat ride. Spend some time with the resident chimpanzees with a half-day or overnight trip before making your way back to Entebbe (tours and attractions). The paradise island of Bulago will no doubt make a welcome respite after your action-packed adventures in the national parks of Uganda.
How Is The Dining At Pineapple Bay Resort?
- Three-course meals served for lunch and dinner
- Outdoor bar that takes orders for wines, cocktails, and alcoholic drinks
- All dishes cooked using fresh, organic ingredients grown in the kitchen gardens at the back of the resort
- Takes orders for special dietary preferences, food allergies, and particular tastes
- Opportunity to experience harvesting techniques of fruits and vegetables
What We Like About Pineapple Bay Resort
- Tranquil and private beach vacation spot near Kampala and Entebbe.
- Lake-view swimming pool highlights the scenic island location.
- Offers only 8 rooms to ensure attentive and personalized service, has a warm, welcoming, and friendly staff and management.
- Excellent meals cooked with fresh produce from the resort's kitchen garden; chef takes special requests for vegetarian and gluten-free meals.
- Tourist guests will enjoy sightings of fabulous bird species that frequent the resort grounds, against a backdrop of stunning lake panoramas.
Things To Note When Staying At Pineapple Bay Resort
- Accessible only by 45-minute boat trip or expensive helicopter flight from Entebbe.
- Not a luxury resort nor a 5 star hotel. Expect services and facilities of a mid-range accommodation.
- Cottages are designed to keep out island flies and bugs, but fitted windows can make them stuffy for lack of ventilation.
- Electricity supply from the generator is sometimes restricted, and guests may have to make do without hot water for showers, limited wifi and in-room electricity.
- Lake is not swimmable due to crocodiles; the beach may be covered with water for several days at times of increased lake water levels. No on-site fitness center for guest use.
Pineapple Bay Resort Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Pineapple Bay Resort Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Pineapple Bay Resort In Entebbe, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY ENTEBBE CITY
Read More +
ENTEBBE TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR PINEAPPLE BAY RESORT IN ENTEBBE UGANDA
When staying at Pineapple Bay Resort in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach by extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO ENTEBBE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Pineapple Bay Resort? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PINEAPPLE BAY RESORT
Hotel No. 5Entebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Protea Hotel Entebbe By MarriottEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Karibu EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
The Boma EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Pineapple Bay ResortEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Best Western Premier Garden Hotel EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
HAVE YOU VISITED ENTEBBE ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PINEAPPLE BAY RESORT REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +