GUIDE ON PROTEA HOTEL ENTEBBE BY MARRIOTT IN UGANDA
Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott Overview & Where Is It Located?Shimmering views of iconic Lake Victoria, songs of the colorful birds of Uganda, and lush landscaped gardens: this is the setting for the Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott, the perfect place for your beachfront holiday in the historic town of Entebbe. Housed in a two and three-story structure (depending on which part of the hotel you’re in), this deluxe accommodation is just a kilometer from Entebbe International Airport. It has a warm, comfortable ambiance that is also child-friendly. Enjoy relaxing beside the heart-shaped swimming pool, which also has a splash pool for kids, or book a soothing massage to ease your muscle tension after a long flight. In between your explorations of the town, you can visit the fitness center for a workout or simply lounge poolside, reveling in the vistas of the lake.
- Proximity to Entebbe International Airport, suitable for short stays
- Fantastic lakeside location providing stunning views of Lake Victoria
- Series of two and three-story structures housing the lounge and rooms
- Good-sized swimming pool for relaxing and sunbathing, also has a splash pool for kids
- Provisions for booking massages and fitness center for working out in between your leisure time
What To Expect At Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott Accommodation?
- Deluxe Hotel Tier 2 Experience. Total of 86 rooms and suites in 5 categories
- Room configurations include Standard Guest Room, Larger Guest Room, Executive Suite, Junior Suite and Presidential Suite
- Options of booking units with a large double bed or twin single beds with views of the lake
- Units in the lower floor have a verandah while rooms on the upper floors that face the lake have a balcony
- Some of the Standard Guest Rooms have views of the airport with no balcony
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott In Entebbe?
- Aqua activities on the lake such as kayaking, boat cruises, and bird watching around the water
- Fishing on the lake combined with sunset cruises
- Golfing at the lakeside Entebbe Golf Club
- Tour of the Entebbe Botanical Gardens which is known for its immense varieties of avian life
- Exploring the Ssese Islands recognized by the Lonely Planet as one of the “10 best hidden islands” on earth
As the expert guide assigned to you by AfricanMecca Safaris will explain, a trip to Entebbe Botanical Gardens is a must-do while in the city. The park is a birdwatcher’s haven and you can spend hours taking pictures of the giant and pied kingfishers, terns, black-headed gonolek, and squacco heron present here. Or better yet, head out to Mabamba Swamp to spot the unique shoebill stork. Another addition to your itinerary is a tour of the Ssese Islands, a spectacular archipelago located in Lake Victoria, listed as one of the “Top 10 Best Hidden Islands In The World.” You will definitely enjoy lounging on the gorgeous beaches, reading a good book, or just soaking in the warm rays of sunshine. Visit the small settlements for a taste of traditional Ugandan living. Later, you could visit Uganda Reptile Village, located on the highway between Kampala and Entebbe.
How Is The Dining At Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott?
- Tides Restaurant serves all meals in a range of cuisines
- Indoor and outdoor terrace dining options with views of the shimmering Lake Victoria
- Outdoor bar for ordering wines, cocktails, and alcoholic drinks
- Ala carte menu with a selection of freshwater fish such as tilapia and Nile perch all through the week
- Option of ordering meals served in your room
What We Like About Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott
- Just 1 kilometer from Entebbe International Airport, the beachside hotel is ideal for leisure and business travelers touring Uganda and helps avoid the hassle of staying in Kampala and stuck in traffic.
- Includes the use of a fitness center, swimming pool, on-site massage service and spa treatment at Tides Spa.
- Hotel is child-friendly and offers a wading pool for kids.
- Offers good breakfast with amiable and warm staff.
- Rooms have balconies and verandahs, and upper-level balconies offer excellent lake views.
Things To Note When Staying At Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott
- With a conference room capacity of 250 attendees, the hotel may become noisy during events (especially UN meetings).
- Offers a large number of rooms and suites (86) and may not be suitable for guests looking for a quiet boutique or luxury experience with personalized services.
- With the airport so close, guests are likely to hear air traffic.
- Few of the Standard Guest Rooms have airport views with no balcony. Quality of food and service can sometimes be variable and inconsistent.
- Prices are on the higher side due to the lakeside location and proximity to the airport with minimal competition from other deluxe and mid-range hotels in Entebbe.
Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott In Entebbe, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY ENTEBBE CITY
Read More +
ENTEBBE ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR PROTEA HOTEL ENTEBBE BY MARRIOTT IN ENTEBBE UGANDA
When staying at Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach by extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO ENTEBBE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Protea Hotel Entebbe By Marriott? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PROTEA HOTEL ENTEBBE BY MARRIOTT
Hotel No. 5Entebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Protea Hotel Entebbe By MarriottEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Karibu EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
The Boma EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Pineapple Bay ResortEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Best Western Premier Garden Hotel EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
HAVE YOU VISITED ENTEBBE ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PROTEA HOTEL ENTEBBE BY MARRIOTT REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +