GUIDE ON KARIBU ENTEBBE IN UGANDA
Karibu Entebbe Overview & Where Is It Located?Aptly named for the Kiswahili word for “welcome,” Karibu Entebbe affords a suburbanly warm, inviting ambiance, and is located just 8 kilometers (5 miles) from Entebbe International Airport. It was formerly branded as Karibu Guest House. You will no doubt be charmed by the colonial feel of the property, with its white two-story structures with red tile roofs, lush gardens, and old-world facade that includes a spacious verandah. Once a comfortable presidential home, it is now a value boutique establishment that welcomes safari vacationers in Entebbe with open friendly arms. Guests will enjoy spending time relaxing in the warm sunshine on the terrace or beside the swimming pool, with its stone-lined cascade fountain.
- Located at a short distance of just 8 km (4 mi) from Entebbe International Airport
- Colonial ambiance with white two-story structures, covered verandah, and red-tiled roofs
- Originally a sprawling presidential residence with an air of history around it
- Small swimming pool for taking cooling dips or sunbathing
- Standing amidst a lush tropical garden abounding with birds, flowering bushes and trees
What To Expect At Karibu Entebbe Accommodation?
- Value Hotel Tier 3 Experience. Total of 8 rooms located within two-story structures
- Choice of lake-facing rooms on the upper floor and garden units
- Rooms with a large double bed or twin single beds covered with mosquito netting
- Bathrooms with tiled walls or stone detailing for a rustic feel
- Sightings of over 30 species of birdlife thriving on the property
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Karibu Entebbe In Entebbe?
- Safari tours to the Mabamba Swamp that is known for the elusive shoebill stork
- Visits to the Entebbe Botanical Gardens to view the incredible avian life it hosts
- Trip to the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center to see primates and conservation efforts for preserving wildlife
- Day boating trips to Ngamba Island to interact with the resident chimpanzees
- Water activities on Lake Victoria such as canoeing, fishing for Nile perch and tilapia, and sunset and moonlight cruises
Add a trip to the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center to your travel itinerary to see more birds and get an up-close introduction to the resident primates, including De Brazza, Patas, and red-tailed monkeys. This conservation site is also home to rescued animals including Ugandan kobs, giraffes, baby elephants and infant rhinos, hartebeest, and many more. If you would like to spend more time with chimpanzees close to Entebbe, consider a half-day visit or overnight stay at the Ngamba Island preserve in the Ssese Archipelago, within Lake Victoria.
The lake presents great opportunities for fun water activities including canoeing, island exploration by motorboat, Nile perch fishing, and sunset and moonlight cruises. Of course, you could simply spend time on the beaches of the gorgeous islands of Lake Victoria, sunbathing or taking nature walks to explore their lush beauty. Before leaving Entebbe, stop by the Entebbe Crafts Village to browse for souvenirs and mementos of your visit to the town (best time to travel). And, on the way to Kampala, be sure to check out Uganda Reptile Village to admire its many specimens or play a round at the Entebbe Golf Club.
How Is The Dining At Karibu Entebbe?
- Room service breakfast served on the room terrace on request
- In-house restaurant for other meals, alfresco garden dining in the gardens also provided
- Choice of Mediterranean and traditional Ugandan dishes cooked by trained chefs
- All preparations cooked using fresh, organic ingredients sourced from the kitchen gardens
- Chef takes requests from guests to meet specific dietary requirements
Pros & Cons At Karibu Entebbe In Entebbe
What We Like About Karibu Entebbe
- Perfect accommodation for overnight guests looking for a place to stay that’s close to Entebbe International Airport.
- Staff is helpful, service is great and the food is excellent.
- A former presidential home, the property has a warm, colonial feel that guests will find appealing.
- Boasts sightings of more than 30 species in the gardens, some of which are permanent residents.
- With just 8 rooms, guests can expect the tranquil ambiance and warm service of a small, quiet hotel in the suburbs.
Things To Note When Staying At Karibu Entebbe
- Not suitable for vacationers looking for contemporary amenities like a TV, air conditioner, room fridge, or in-room supplies for making tea and coffee.
- Rooms have varying views, with some facing the gardens and others overlooking Lake Victoria.
- The hotel fills up quickly due to the small number of rooms, and we recommend booking 12 to 18 months in advance.
- A modest, exceptional value accommodation. Not suitable for tourists seeking luxury, chic and upmarket boutique accommodation in Entebbe.
- Swimming pool is small and can be crowded when the property is fully booked; best for a cool-off dip rather than laps, there is no on-site fitness center; though, it offers unpretentious spa services with superb massages, pedicures and other treatments in the comfort of your own room.
Karibu Entebbe Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Karibu Entebbe Is A Value Tier 3 Hotel Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Hotel Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Karibu Entebbe In Entebbe, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY ENTEBBE CITY
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Entebbe based on Hotel Tier Rating
Read More +
ENTEBBE ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Entebbe? Read more on attractions, AfricanMecca city day tours and excursions
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR KARIBU ENTEBBE IN ENTEBBE UGANDA
When staying at Karibu Entebbe in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach by extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO ENTEBBE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Karibu Entebbe? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KARIBU ENTEBBE
Hotel No. 5Entebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Protea Hotel Entebbe By MarriottEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Karibu EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
The Boma EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Pineapple Bay ResortEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Best Western Premier Garden Hotel EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
HAVE YOU VISITED ENTEBBE ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KARIBU ENTEBBE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +