BEST TIME TO VISIT ENTEBBE FOR A UGANDA TOUR
Best Time, Seasons & Months To Go On Tour In Entebbe?If you are thinking of visiting Uganda for the sole purpose of enjoying a slice of beachside barefoot adventures in Entebbe, your best time and choice is the dry-season months of January, February, July and August. The lakeside rural city has a milder climate than the rest of the country during this time, thanks to the moderating influence of Lake Victoria. No matter which dry-season month you choose for your travel, you can look forward to warm temperatures, gentle breezes from the lake, and clear sunny skies; it’s the perfect combination for lazy naps on the beach in the shade of a palm tree, being regaled by songs from the brightly colored birds indigenous to the region.
In Entebbe (where to stay & best places), you can expect daytime highs between 25 C and 27 C (77 F to 81 F) and nighttime lows from 16 C to 18 C (61 F to 64 F). In other words: perfect vacation weather that’s not too warm and not too cool. As in the rest of Africa, you can also expect two wet seasons: the first rains that fall during the months of March, April, and May, and the second rains that fall from October through to November. Expect some showers as the wet season ends around late June and mid-December and when the dry season ends around mid-September. Even during the wet seasons there are spells when the sun shines brightly and the skies are clear. It may also rain in certain pockets, leaving other areas dry.
Different Monthly Seasons At Entebbe - Dry, Hot, Wet Rainy & Cool
- Dry Months, Best Time & High-Peak Season For Entebbe: January, February, July and August are the driest and warmest months, and also July and August being the peak season of travel in Uganda. Expect fewer tourists in the high season months of January and February compared to the peak season months.
- Dry & Wet Rainy Months, Very Good Time & High Season For Entebbe: June, September and mid-December onwards offer mostly dry periods with intermittent showers. The end of December has higher numbers of visitors especially families visiting Entebbe due to the festive holiday season of Christmas and New Year eve, and schools being closed.
- Wet Rainy Months, Good Time & Mid-Peak Season For Entebbe: March, October and November offer a mixture of dry and wet periods.
- Wet Rainy Season, Least Best Time & Low Season For Entebbe: April and May. These months are also part of the lush green season in Uganda, and have the least number of visitors due to limited land and water based activities around Entebbe. Some roads with limited drainage in Entebbe do get flooded.
- Hot & Cool Months: There is only 1-3 Celsius degrees variation in temperature in between months at Entebbe. January and February are the hottest months with highs of 27 C (81 F) during the day and lows of 18 C (64 F) at night while June, July and August are the coolest months with highs of 25ºC (77 F) during the day and lows of 16 C (61 F) at night. All other months have a range around 26 C (79 F) during the daytime while nighttime temperatures average around 17 C (62 F).
- Best time to visit is in the dry seasons in Entebbe i.e. January, February, July and August
- Expected temperatures range between 25 C and 27 C (77-81 F) during the day and nighttime lows from 16 C to 18 C (61-64F)
- Long dry season coinciding with the summer months in North America and Europe making Entebbe in Uganda perfect for a family vacation by Lake Victoria
- Best holiday time for water activities is in the dry season when the weather is warm and sunny and the lake is calmer and drier on the boats
- Wet seasons have occasional dry spells when the sun is out, guests can avail of the possibility of getting discounted prices at accommodations; though, not the best time for land and water activities in Entebbe and around the parks in Uganda
Visiting Entebbe During the Dry Seasons - Is It The Best Time To Go On Tour Based On Climate, Temperatures & Weather Conditions?Entebbe’s second and best dry season of July and August coincides nicely with summer holiday in the northern regions of Europe and North America, making it the perfect time to tour the town on your family safari while school is out. In addition, the start of the first dry season, in the last two weeks of December and through January, offers a great window to enjoy some time in the sun during the festive holidays while the month of February allows you get away from the cold and dreary winter weeks in the northern hemisphere.
Wet Seasons In Entebbe & How To Plan Activities During The Rainy Period?Those who prefer an adventure trip in one of Entebbe’s two wet seasons can look forward to lush, green environs that display a wide range of colors in the rains. The wet seasons are considered to be off-season, so some of the beachside hotels by Lake Victoria and safari accommodations around Uganda’s park do offer discounted room rates. The possible downside is choppy waters on Lake Victoria (meaning that fishing trips and boating excursions might best be unavailable on some days) and muddier trails in Entebbe Botanical Gardens and the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center. Since Entebbe is in a tropical location, you may also encounter more bugs and mosquitoes during the wet seasons.
Other Considerations When Planning Your Tour Dates For EntebbeAfricanMecca guests planning to visit the Ssese Archipelago off Entebbe might find that accessing the islands takes longer in the wet season, as the waters of the lake are rough during certain times of the day. In addition, exploring the attractions and navigating the dirt tracks on Bulago Island takes a little longer than usual. Angling for the giant Nile perch, one of the enjoyable activities available to visitors on Lake Victoria, is best avoided in the April/May rainy season. When the water is choppy, fishing is usually best done in the sheltered bays where boat anchors are dropped. While these are typical climate patterns in Entebbe, please do remember that global climate change has sometimes produced unpredictable weather all over the African continent, so you may experience weather-related surprises no matter which time of the year you choose to visit on your safari vacation.
Entebbe Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Entebbe In Uganda
Read More +
GUIDE ON ENTEBBE
Entebbe near the fresh waters of Lake Victoria retains its old-world charm and boasts some colonial style hotels. The laidback town feels more like a tranquil lakeside getaway spot than Uganda's entry point.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN ENTEBBE
Entebbe offers a diversity of accommodations, from the boutique chic Hotel Number 5 to the mid-range Protea Entebbe and Pineapple Bay Resort (Lake Victoria island). The value options are Karibu and Boma.
Read More +
ENTEBBE ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Experience city tour activities and attractions in Entebbe - visit the Botanic Gardens, birding safari and shoebill viewing at Mabamba Swamp, explore islands of Ssese, fishing on Lake Victoria, craft shopping etc.
Read More +
LAKE VICTORIA GUIDE
Lake Victoria, also called Victoria Nyanza, is the largest tropical and the world’s second largest freshwater lake. It continues to captivate and awe many travelers, and the source of the mighty Nile River.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
First off, we had the most amazing time ever and wanted to thank you very much. Kenya proved without a doubt to meet all of our expectations. Every detail was thought of on our trip by AfricanMecca and were are all flawless.
Marcy Burton & Ryan Kerr - Ontario, Canada
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ENTEBBE IN UGANDA
When visiting Entebbe near Lake Victoria, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach by extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN TOUR TRIP TO ENTEBBE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Entebbe ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ENTEBBE
Hotel No. 5Entebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Protea Hotel Entebbe By MarriottEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Karibu EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
The Boma EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Pineapple Bay ResortEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Best Western Premier Garden Hotel EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
HAVE YOU VISITED ENTEBBE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ENTEBBE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +