GUIDE ON THE BOMA ENTEBBE IN UGANDA
The Boma Entebbe Overview & Where Is It Located?Step into The Boma Entebbe and you will instantly be transported to 1940’s Africa’s old-world colonial times, set in the quiet suburbs of Entebbe. Enjoy the warm ambiance of lush green gardens, deep patios with wicker furniture, wooden rafters, quaint pieces of Ugandan art, tapestries, curios, rugs, and wall murals. Just a 5-kilometer (3 miles) drive from Entebbe International Airport, this value boutique vacation accommodation allows for relaxed naps beside a swimming pool, while also offering a wading pool for the little ones. Should you find yourself craving a relaxing massage, The Boma can make arrangements for you. And when you’re ready to shop for souvenirs and gifts for friends and family back home, visit the little craft store on the premises. You can also borrow books from the hotel library and enjoy them in a hammock on your veranda.
- Warm, 1940 colonial-style ambiance with wicker furniture and pieces of Ugandan art
- Located at a distance of 5 kilometers (3 miles) from Entebbe International Airport
- Swimming pool for taking dips and napping, also has a wading pool where kids can play
- Arrangements for taking massages made on request
- Library for borrowing books and reading in a hammock while enjoying the gentle lake breezes
What To Expect At The Boma Entebbe Accommodation?
- Value Hotel Tier 3 Experience. Total of 16 rooms in 4 different configurations
- Categories such as Single Rooms, Double Rooms, Triple Rooms, and Budget Rooms
- Provisions for setting up a crib for a child in the room
- Separate verandah with each unit for relaxing and enjoying the views
- Eco-friendly principles such as solar panels for heating water for showers and recycling waste
Room specifications include a variety of Single Rooms, Double Rooms, and Triple Rooms. Travelers looking to cut back on their accommodation costs can opt for a Budget Room with a twin bed, which includes all the amenities of the other room categories except a verandah and a private bathroom outside the room on the corridor (where else to stay and best place in Entebbe). Families can also request cribs to be set up in the room. Each room has a separate verandah and includes a digital safe, TV with satellite connection, and fans. Ensuite bathrooms come with adequate toiletries for your use.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit The Boma Entebbe In Entebbe?
- Wandering the hotel gardens to spot some of the flora and avian life of Entebbe
- Boat cruises around Lake Victoria to view more of the endemic birdlife
- Water activities such as fishing, canoeing, moonlit cruises, and other adventures
- Visit to the Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary to see conservation efforts and rescued primates
- Touring the Uganda Wildlife Education Center to interact with hand-raised baby elephants and rhinos
Entebbe Botanical Gardens is yet another location where you can enjoy the diverse birdlife and the unique plant species of Uganda. Or check out the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center, situated on the banks of the lake. In addition to a splendid variety of flora, the conservation site boasts various terrestrial fauna and more than 120 bird species. While many tourists might have a chance to meet some of the rescued animals that reside here, including baby elephants and rhinos, AfricanMecca recommend forgoing any close-encounter opportunities out of respect for the animals. The Mabamba Swamp is great for shoebill sightings, and Uganda Reptile Village is another place of interest.
How Is The Dining At The Boma Entebbe?
- Meals cooked using fresh, organic ingredients sourced from the kitchen garden
- A cozy and intimate restaurant where meals are served
- An delectable range of cuisines including Mediterranean, Continental, Thai, and Indian dishes
- Takes orders for specific dietary requirements including vegetarian, vegan, and allergen-free dishes
- A bar that takes orders for wines, spirits, local beer brands, cocktails, and sodas
What We Like About The Boma Entebbe
- Ideally located just a few minutes from Entebbe International Airport and well suited for overnight travelers looking for a quick stopover.
- Offers guests a well-maintained swimming pool and a wading pool with floatation toys for kids; toddlers can enjoy a play area that has swings and a slide.
- Affords an intimate, boutique experience with only 16 rooms, warm and friendly staff service, and excellent cuisine.
- Eco-friendly operating systems with rainwater harvesting, solar heating for hot showers, recycling glass and paper, vegetable waste composting, and power-saving lighting.
- Offers an enjoyable colonial-living experience in Entebbe, with deep patios, wicker garden furniture, and delightful Ugandan art.
Things To Note When Staying At The Boma Entebbe
- No fitness center or spa on-site, but the hotel can arrange massages upon request.
- Amenities service can be variable at times (slow Internet, variable hot water from solar-powered showers in the early morning or late at night).
- Rooms have fans but no air conditioning and no hair dryer. A value accommodation which is fairly priced for its experience and size.
- With only 16 rooms, Boma Entebbe can get busy during the peak and high season months. We recommend booking 12-18 months in advance to secure rooming.
- A quaint yesteryear ambiance not suited to guests looking for a contemporary Entebbe hotel with modern touches or a premier luxury hotel.
The Boma Entebbe Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
The Boma Entebbe Is A Value Tier 3 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On The Boma Entebbe In Entebbe, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY ENTEBBE CITY
Read More +
ENTEBBE ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR THE BOMA ENTEBBE IN ENTEBBE UGANDA
When staying at The Boma Entebbe in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach by extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO ENTEBBE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With The Boma Entebbe? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON THE BOMA ENTEBBE
Hotel No. 5Entebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Protea Hotel Entebbe By MarriottEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Karibu EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
The Boma EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Pineapple Bay ResortEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
Best Western Premier Garden Hotel EntebbeEntebbe - Lake Victoria Region
HAVE YOU VISITED ENTEBBE ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE THE BOMA ENTEBBE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +