VIEW PRICES FOR YOUR NAIROBI CITY & DAY TOURS - BOOK IT TODAY!
AUTHENTIC TOURS & PERSONALIZED EXCURSIONS AROUND NAIROBI WITH AFRICANMECCA
Nairobi is a city that is filled with attractions to suit every preference, whether you prefer museum visits, art galleries, wildlife, cultural and historical venues or even authentic African cuisine, Nairobi has something to please your every desire.
Select Your Nairobi Tour Attraction For More Details On The Experience1. Nairobi National Park Day Safari - Covering more than 45 square miles (117 sq. km) of grasslands, forests, rocky valleys, forests and wetlands is Nairobi National Park, Kenya's oldest national park and the only one in the world that is situated amidst a capital city.
2. David & Daphne Sheldrick Trust Elephant Orphanage Tour - This globally recognized trust rescues and rehabilitates elephants and rhinos that have been orphaned due to poaching and habitat loss, and hundreds of infant elephants have been hand-raised and reintroduced to the wild at Tsavo East.
3. Nairobi City Tour - Your city tour includes a visit to the Nairobi National Museum, Nairobi Snake Park, shopping areas, local street markets, significant buildings and other areas of interest.
4. Nairobi National Museum Tour - Experience an educational and relaxing experience at museum as you spend your time exploring the art gallery and varied exhibitions, discovering the richness of Kenya and her people.
5. Nairobi Snake Park Tour - This distinct herpetology attraction works to promote and preserve the snakes and reptiles that are found in Kenya. Also present are displays of marine and freshwater fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds and small mammals, as well as invertebrates.
6. Karen Blixen Museum Tour - In 1986, this historic "Out of Africa" house was opened to the public. The home of Karen is situated at the foot of the Ngong Hills. Although the property is historically breathtaking, the most memorable part of visiting the museum is the house and its contents. 7. Giraffe Center Tour - The center was first opened in response to the endangered status of the Rothschild giraffes. The most exciting part of your tour visit to the Giraffe Center is the experience of seeing these animals up close and even feeding them!
8. Kazuri Beads Tour - Started in 1975 to help support single mothers, Kazuri Beads provides employment opportunities to local communities and, today, more than 300 Kenyan women work for the organization.
9. Dining at Carnivore Restaurant - This distinct restaurant has been satisfying the appetites of meat lovers and safari adventurers with a never-ending selection of ostrich, crocodile, venison depending on what is locally available, served alongside beef, lamb, pork and chicken.
10. Bomas of Kenya Tour - This venue offers a cultural tour of Kenya’s major ethnic groups, such as Mijikenda, Luo, Taita, Embu, Maasai, Kikuyu, Kamba, Kalenjin, Luhya, Kisii, Kuria to name just a few of the native peoples that are represented.
11. Karura Forest Reserve Tour - The reserve covers approximately 2500 acres, one of the largest forests in the world that exists in the suburbs of a city. Here, you can escape the hectic pace of city life to settle into a natural green space filled with varied fauna.
12. Nairobi Gallery Tour - In the heart of Nairobi, the Nairobi Gallery is a national monument that houses art exhibits of both local and international artists. The Victorian-style structure was built in 1913 to serve as the Native Ministry. 13. Kenya National Archives Tour - This venue preserves significant public records and national documents, as well as a large collection of African arts, such as basketry, pottery, traditional weaponry, masks, ornamental art, sculptures, paintings, beadwork, textiles and photography.
14. African Heritage House Gallery Tour - Collected artwork and artifacts from around Africa that are displayed inside this residential home, making a tour of African Heritage House an intriguing and unexpected way to learn about the native peoples of Africa.
15. Aero Club of East Africa Tour - This unique club house celebrates aviation in Kenya by providing pilots, engineers and enthusiasts a place to gather and share stories and knowledge. It was founded on July 31, 1927 with a mission to “promote, encourage and regulate aeronautics in Kenya”.
16. Nairobi Railway Museum - The railway played an important role in establishing the city of Nairobi, and the Nairobi Railway Museum, located at the northwest end of Nairobi Station, gives you insight into the historical and commercial significance of rail travel in Kenya.
17. Limuru Country Tea Plantation Tour - Visit one of Africa's finest brew plantations – Kiambethu Tea Estate, that was built in the early 1900s by two English families. A lovely lunch and afternoon tea are included with a tour of the plantation and surrounding forest.
18. Tana River White Water Rafting - This day excursion on Tana River encompasses a combination of rapids (Class I to V) and calm waters for around 7 miles (12 kilometers), ending with a delicious barbecue lunch at a campsite.
19. Lake Nakuru National Park Day Safari - Experience safari game drives and lunch at Lake Nakuru National Park, a unique Great Rift Valley Lake System park and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The prominent wildlife in the park includes 56 mammals and 450 bird species.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Loretta and I had a great time on our honeymoon. Simiton, your safari guide in Kenya was awesome! He was very professional, very accommodating and very knowledgeable. We are already talking about our next trip to Africa!
Loretta and Danny Haag - California, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
First off, we had the most amazing time ever and wanted to thank you very much. Kenya proved without a doubt to meet all of our expectations. Every detail was thought of on our trip by AfricanMecca and were are all flawless.
Marcy Burton & Ryan Kerr - Ontario, Canada
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Jambo Raza, It was a wonderful experience in Kenya. Rogers, our guide was superb; knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly. We were treated very well by all your ground team and everything ran smoothly. I enjoyed it all.
Alan Winner, Minnesota, United States
AfricanMecca's professionalism and care understands that what distinguishes Africa is its authenticity, the land, people and wildlife who do not share our world of fashion and fanfare that distinguish so many travel companies today.
Cyril Christo & Marie Wilkinson, Conservation Photographers, Authors & Wildlife Documentary Producers - USA
Read More +
WHERE TO STAY IN NAIROBI
Hemingways, House of Waine & Giraffe Manor offer boutique, suburban experiences while deluxe hotels like Norfolk and Serena serve as city lodgings. Palacina allows you to stay away from the urban bustle.
Read More +
GUIDE ON NAIROBI
Within a relatively short period of time, what was once swampland was reborn into the city of Nairobi, the thriving prime capital of Kenya. The transformation began when the railroad arrived in 1899.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT NAIROBI
Because Nairobi is at an elevation, year-round temperatures tend to be quite mild. The best time to plan your tour activities is during the dry months of July to October and also January and February.
Read More +
NAIROBI NATIONAL PARK
Covering miles of grasslands, forests, rocky valleys, forests and wetlands is Nairobi National Park, Kenya's oldest national park and the only one in the world that is situated amidst a capital city.
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR NAIROBI IN CENTRAL KENYA
When visiting Nairobi, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Samburu or Laikipia - Lewa, Nakuru, Elementaita, and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation at the Indian Ocean for a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour on the exotic spice island of Zanzibar, Lamu, or Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For KenyaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Kenya. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
NAIROBI SAFARI & TOUR PLANNING DETAILS
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP TO NAIROBI IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Nairobi ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NAIROBI
EXPLORE MORE ON NAIROBI CITY & PARK IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED NAIROBI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NAIROBI REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +