GUIDE ON SIRUAI MOBILE CAMP IN LAIKPIA
Siruai Mobile Camp Overview & Where Is It Located?Laikipia is an exceptional example of how humans can be custodians of the wildlife living on their lands and care for their conservation and welfare. When you visit the private Siruai Mobile Camp by Safari Collection (also sister property owner of the famous Giraffe Manor in Nairobi), you will be immersed in a fabulous secluded wilderness teeming with an impressive diversity of animal life, both terrestrial and avian. This exclusive-use camp is situated within the 43,000-acre Suyian Ranch on land owned by the Powys family, a multi-generation Kenyan household of European descent.
Mobile tented structures, including a central lounge and dining area along with rooms and suites, stand on a rocky outcrop amidst the lush vegetation that seems to embrace them. Safari vacationers spending time here are treated to marvelous views of the Ewaso Narok River valley and a natural salt lick and watering hole below. Choose a spot on the warm rocks and set up a temporary outlook to enjoy panoramic views of the sprawling bushland dotted with trees.
Your senses will be regaled by the utter tranquility that is only broken by birds' songs and the distant calls of animals. Prepare for visits from eland antelopes sporting long black twisted horns and distinctive white stripes. As you watch these majestic animals grazing close by, you will understand why the camp’s owners opted to name this vacation accommodation after their name, “Siruai” in the Maa language.
The camp keenly follows eco-friendly principles and is dedicated to minimizing any carbon footprint on the conservancies of Laikipia with the installation of solar panels to generate power. The camp is only open from mid-December to mid-January, and again at the end of April till mid-October, allowing the land to regenerate during other months.
- Located on the privately-owned 43,000-acre Suyian Ranch in northern Laikipia
- An exclusive-use seasonal camp that is open during certain months of the year to allow renewal of the ecology. Perfect for families or small groups of travelers wanting the whole camp to themselves
- Overlooking the scenic Ewaso Narok River valley and a salt lick-water hole where animals congregate
- Mobile camp dedicated to minimizing the impact on the delicate ecosystem of the landscape
- Easily accessible, guests can choose to land at Siruai’s private airstrip, which is 15 minutes drive away, or the distant public Loisaba Airstrip - 45 minutes’ drive away
What To Expect At Siruai Mobile Camp Accommodation?
- Luxury Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 7 tented rooms for a maximum of 10 guests - private and exclusive use of the camp
- Accepts children of all ages, units closest to the lounge area are suitable for sleeping up to 3 kids
- Ensuite bathroom with a flushing toilet and authentic bucket showers
- Covered patio outside with a seating arrangement for relaxing
- Mobile structures that allow rebuilding of the camp during the open seasons
Mesh panels all around bring in the sights, sounds, and aromas of the wilderness, but should you need privacy, drop the rolled-up canvas panels. A tarp covers the floor, and a large double bed stands in the center of the room. To one side are a table and an open rack for unpacking. A dresser is created out of an old-world safari chest that also has a mirror.
The ensuite bathroom has a flush toilet, and when you are ready to shower, do let the staff know. They will fill the bucket outside with hot water for the exciting bucket showering experience. When taking a break from your thrilling private safari activities, relax in the seating arrangement set up on the covered patio. Revel in the glorious views of the grassy woodlands of northern Laikipia and Mount Kenya while seated amidst the lush grasses and acacia - fig trees. You are likely to see herds of elephants and Grevy’s zebras visiting the watering hole to drink.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Siruai Mobile Camp On Suyian - Laikipia Safari?
- Walking safaris from the camp’s doorstep to explore the ridge with its varied plant and insect life
- Thrilling private safari game tours aboard a specialized 4x4 all-terrain vehicle with an expert guide
- Kayaking and tubing excursions on the river
- Fishing expeditions on a strictly catch-and-release basis
- Swimming in pristine rock pools and jumping from atop a high boulder into the tanned waters
Start off with a bushwalking excursion from the camp’s doorstep for an introduction to the flora and tiny creatures hidden in the undergrowth. Follow the ridgelines across the boulders and river valleys to come upon some of the most beautiful species of Laikipia (best time to go). Safari game drives are the best way to explore the landscape. In addition to grazers like reticulated giraffe, elephant, Grevy’s zebra, eland, and various others, you might also spot predators like the lion, leopard, and wild dog.
Plan a trip to the river and sign up for a kayaking or tubing excursion. You can also choose to fish on the river on a catch-and-release basis. The glorious waterfalls with the tanned water cascading through kopjes is a sight to behold. Check with the safari guide to arrange an afternoon of swimming in the rock pools where you can indulge in jumping from a high spot atop the rocks into the pristine waters below.
How Is The Dining At Siruai Mobile Camp?
- Bush breakfast beside the river with views of pods of hippos wallowing in the shallows
- Provision of private, family dinners under the stars
- Mealtimes and menu can be customized based on your preferences
- Delightful campfires lighted each evening to enjoy sundowner drinks and pre-dinner cocktails
- Offers the option of dining on tables outside on the rocks
Exchange stories of the many adventures you had and compare notes about the wonderful sights of Laikipia and raw camping experiences at Siruai Mobile Camp (other places stay). The evenings are highlighted by warm campfires where you can relax and enjoy the stunning sunsets over the gorgeous landscape and starry nights just before your pre-dinner drinks and tasty nighttime cuisine.
Pros & Cons At Siruai Mobile Camp In Suyian - Laikipia
What We Like About Siruai Mobile Camp
- A private and exclusive-use camp providing the secluded safari vacation experience with low visitor footfall and undisturbed wildlife viewing experiences.
- Eco-friendly mobile accommodation that can be taken down during the seasonal closures and built from scratch when it seasonally reopens. High regard for conservation and minimizing the carbon footprint. Power is generated using solar panels.
- Easy to access via a private charter. Guests can choose to fly in and land at the Siruai private airstrip and then drive over a distance of 15 minutes to reach this camp in northern Laikipia. The shared public airstrip is located in Loisaba
- As a private camp owned by the same hoteliers of Giraffe Manor in Nairobi, it welcomes multi-generation families with young children with the provision of accommodating up to 3 kids in the tent closest to the reception area. Safari activities can be customized to the needs of each family based on their age group.
- Strategically located atop a kopje amidst natural stones and vegetation overlooking a salt lick and the stunningly-beautiful Ewaso Narok River valley and distant views of Mount Kenya on a clear day.
Things To Note When Staying At Siruai Mobile Camp
- The camp does not have facilities like a swimming pool, fitness center, or spa for getting massages. This can be a potential downside for family guests requiring such add-ons but may be suitable for others preferring the authentic and raw African safari experience.
- Not suited for guests with mobility challenges who may have to look for other rooming options. A minimum of 3 nights is required for any booking.
- Provides only comfortable mobile-built facilities and amenities typical of a seasonal tented accommodation, which may not be ideal for discerning vacationers wanting high-end aesthetics and chic facilities in their room e.g. power showers rather than bucket showers, in-room log burner during the cooler nights in Laikipia, etc.
- Primarily caters to upmarket clients looking for exclusive use and buy-out of the whole camp. Guests looking for mid-range or affordable stay may want to consider booking other camps and lodges in Laikipia with shared safari services and camp facilities.
- A seasonal camp that is open only during specific months of the year. Guests on their private safari holiday wishing to stay here can only book their travel in Laikipia from mid-December to mid-January, and again at the end of April till mid-October.
Siruai Mobile Camp Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Siruai Mobile Camp Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Siruai Mobile Camp In Suyian - Laikipia, Kenya
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY LAIKIPIA
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Laikipia based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
LAIKIPIA SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Laikipia? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN KENYA
Want to safari in Kenya? Read more on private, custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Jambo Altaf, We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Kenya. The two camps you had chosen for us to stay in -- Il Ngwesi Lodge in Laikipia and Basecamp Maasai Mara -- were exemplary in how they were built...
Almut Spalding, Ph.D - Assoc. Professor of Modern Languages - Illinois College, United States
Dear Raza, Just a note to let you know that my daughter and I had a wonderful time in Kenya. I fell in love with your beautiful country & people. Our safari at Lewa Conservancy was everything we expected and more.
Patricia Young - Universal Music Group - California, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
We had the most unbelievable African Safari experience imaginable. Our first stay at Wilderness Trails in Lewa was a big surprise. We were able to see all the Big Five up close. Thank you for a superb experience.
Gary & Helen Bartel - Sacramento - California, United States
Dear Raza...We had a fantastic time at Wilderness Trails and Borana. And you and your organization provided top quality service. You were completely correct about all your recommendations. Thank you.
Deanne LaRue - California, United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SIRUAI MOBILE CAMP IN LAIKIPIA KENYA
When staying at Siruai Mobile Camp in Kenya, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Nakuru, Elementaita, and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Samburu, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the Indian Ocean for a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For KenyaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Kenya. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Kenya Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
9. Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
12. Horseback Riding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
13. Balloon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
14. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
15. Bush & Beach Safaris Trip Planning Guide For KenyaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAIKIPIA IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Siruai Mobile Camp? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SIRUAI MOBILE CAMP
LAIKIPIA CAMPS & LODGES
Scroll and view Northern Laikipia safari accommodations in Kenya
Elewana Loisaba Lodo SpringsLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Star BedsLaikipia North
Governors Mugie HouseLaikipia North
Siruai Mobile CampLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Tented CampLaikipia North
Sosian LodgeLaikipia North
Sanctuary At Ol LentilleLaikipia North
Ol MaloLaikipia North
Laikipia Wilderness CampLaikipia North
Ekorian’s Mugie CampLaikipia North
EXPLORE MORE ON LAIKIPIA - SUYIAN & LEWA CONSERVANCY IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAIKIPIA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SIRUAI MOBILE CAMP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +