GUIDE ON ELEWANA LOISABA TENTED CAMP IN LAIKPIA
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp Overview & Where Is It Located?The private Loisaba Conservancy in northern Laikipia is a stunning wilderness expanse watered by the Ewaso Nyiro (aka Ng'iro), and Narok Rivers. Wildlife roams freely here without fences and barriers to hinder their natural instinctive movements. In this luxurious location is the Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp, an upmarket bush holiday accommodation that offers you exclusive comforts and premier care in a background that is proud to host the famed Big Five of Africa with plans to reintroduce rhinos.
The camp is perched on the lip of the crater and overlooks a watering hole that provides lots of wildlife viewing moments. Relax beside, or take leisurely swims in the infinity swimming pool and allow the serenity of the Laikipia safari bush to encompass you while the songs of diverse birds and calls of distant animals add to the melodic whispers of the soft breezes.
- Belongs to the Elewana portfolio of camps and lodges in East Africa providing boutique accommodation services
- Perched on the lip of a crater offering stunning views of the magnificent wilderness of Laikipia
- Located within the Loisaba Conservancy watered by the twin Ewaso Nyiro and Narok Rivers
- An infinity swimming pool where guests can take cooling dips to the songs of birds and calls of terrestrial wildlife
- Spacious wooden deck for relaxing and enjoying the picturesque vistas
What To Expect At Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 12 tented rooms
- Choice of luxury tents with a double bed or twin singles suitable for two guests
- Family Tents connected by a walkway comprising of two bedrooms each with a double and twin beds
- Private pool is available for the use of larger families staying in the double room and a Family Tent
- Ensuite bathroom featuring twin vanities, bathrobes, slippers, and shower area
Each of the tents comes with hardwood floors that extend out to the patio furnished with loungers. It also includes a seating area, an open rack for unpacking, an elegant wooden cupboard, and fusion touches that add an East African - European charm to your surroundings (where else to stay in Laikipia). AfricanMecca guests staying in one of the double rooms and a Family Tent can make use of a second pool exclusively. The ensuite bathroom is at the back and features twin vanities, bathrobes, slippers, and solar powered shower area.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp On Loisaba - Laikipia Safari?
- Exploring the marvelous landscape of Laikipia with safari game drives in specialized vehicles
- Horseback safaris so guests can approach grazing animals without the vehicle engine noise
- Aqua activities like fishing in the rivers, dam or going on a cool-off waterfall adventures
- Opportunity to go on camelback, mountain biking safaris or night game drives
- Bushwalking excursions and visits to the Maasai and Samburu communities to interact with the people
Tour the plains astride a horse and the herds of zebras, giraffes, gazelles, impalas and so many other ungulates will scarcely notice as you pass them by. The rivers that flow through the land abound with fish and you can spend a pleasant afternoon trying your luck angling at the river or even at the dam. Maybe, a raptor-like African fish eagle will have its own catch. You could spot animals drinking at its bank or perhaps, sight of a hippos pod at a distance.
Two other perfect ways to experience all that Laikipia has got to offer is on a camel safari or mountain bike. Choose between a half-day and full-day camel-back safari or biking trip to explore the vastness of this stunning land. Here, you will participate in a bush walk on your Kenya safari vacation to inspect fauna footprints, droppings, carcass and also the smaller life, from insects, amphibians, reptiles, smaller mammals and plant life indigenous to this part of the ecology.
The tribal Maasai and Samburu clansmen are well versed in the art of making herbal medicines from plants and the tribal ranger guiding your stroll will talk to you about them. Later, he might lead you to his village where you could watch them being made along with the gorgeous bead handicrafts that they are experts in. Whilst at Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp, there is also an opportunity to visit the headquarters to learn about the conservation efforts in Loisaba, and participate in anti-poaching sniffer dog activities.
How Is The Dining At Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp?
- Delicious meals served to the accompaniment of fine wines and other beverages in the dining tent
- Unique breakfast in the bush experience or back at the lodge after the morning game drive
- Alfresco meals set up beside a waterfall, poolside, or out on the deck overlooking the savannah
- A bar for ordering drinks and cocktails including alcoholic and non-alcoholic
- Offers the option of a private meal in your room for a special occasion
Enjoy the fabulous views of the savannah dominated by the stately distant Mount Kenya on a clear day while ending your day on a sundowner excursion and delectable dinner near the outdoor fireplace.
Pros & Cons At Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp In Loisaba - Laikipia
What We Like About Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp
- Stunning location at the edge of an escarpment and overlooking the incredible landscape of the Loisaba Conservancy in northern Laikipia. Also faces a watering hole for viewing wildlife coming to drink.
- Location within a private conservancy allows for additional activities not permitted in a national park such as horseback and camel safaris, night game drives, mountain biking and bush walks.
- Welcomes groups and families traveling with children, has provisions for rooming options and kid-centric activities.
- Follows eco-friendly principles with solar panels for generating power and heating water for showers.
- A small, intimate camp with just 12 tented rooms and suites suitable for discerning guests looking for a tranquil and luxurious safari holiday with low visitor footfall augmented with personalized services.
Things To Note When Staying At Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp
- Has just 12 rooms, gets booked quickly during the peak season in Laikipia. Guests should indicate their booking itinerary choice well in advance.
- Has facilities like infinity pools but not a fitness center or specialized spa for massages, though some visitors may find that these add-ons take away from an authentic safari vacation.
- Not suitable for the mid-range or budget seeking guests as prices are on the higher end due to its bespoke services, specialist activities and private location.
- The horse riding and camel safaris are offered by designated guides working at the conservancy, and not the camp.
- Children of all ages are permitted at the camp, but may not be suitable for vacationers preferring higher age limits.
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp In Loisaba - Laikipia, Kenya
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY LAIKIPIA
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Laikipia based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
LAIKIPIA SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Laikipia? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN KENYA
Want to safari in Kenya? Read more on private, custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Jambo Altaf, We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Kenya. The two camps you had chosen for us to stay in -- Il Ngwesi Lodge in Laikipia and Basecamp Maasai Mara -- were exemplary in how they were built...
Almut Spalding, Ph.D - Assoc. Professor of Modern Languages - Illinois College, United States
Dear Raza, Just a note to let you know that my daughter and I had a wonderful time in Kenya. I fell in love with your beautiful country & people. Our safari at Lewa Conservancy was everything we expected and more.
Patricia Young - Universal Music Group - California, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
We had the most unbelievable African Safari experience imaginable. Our first stay at Wilderness Trails in Lewa was a big surprise. We were able to see all the Big Five up close. Thank you for a superb experience.
Gary & Helen Bartel - Sacramento - California, United States
Dear Raza...We had a fantastic time at Wilderness Trails and Borana. And you and your organization provided top quality service. You were completely correct about all your recommendations. Thank you.
Deanne LaRue - California, United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ELEWANA LOISABA TENTED CAMP IN LAIKIPIA KENYA
When staying at Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp in Kenya, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Nakuru, Elementaita, and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Samburu, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the Indian Ocean for a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For KenyaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Kenya. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Kenya Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
9. Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
12. Horseback Riding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
13. Balloon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
14. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
15. Bush & Beach Safaris Trip Planning Guide For KenyaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAIKIPIA IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Elewana Loisaba Tented Camp? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ELEWANA LOISABA TENTED CAMP
LAIKIPIA CAMPS & LODGES
Scroll and view Northern Laikipia safari accommodations in Kenya
Elewana Loisaba Lodo SpringsLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Star BedsLaikipia North
Governors Mugie HouseLaikipia North
Siruai Mobile CampLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Tented CampLaikipia North
Sosian LodgeLaikipia North
Sanctuary At Ol LentilleLaikipia North
Ol MaloLaikipia North
Laikipia Wilderness CampLaikipia North
Ekorian’s Mugie CampLaikipia North
EXPLORE MORE ON LAIKIPIA - LOISABA & LEWA CONSERVANCY IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAIKIPIA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ELEWANA LOISABA TENTED CAMP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +