GUIDE ON ELEWANA LOISABA STAR BEDS IN LAIKPIA
Elewana Loisaba Star Beds Overview & Where Is It Located?Set amidst a stunningly beautiful wilderness spread over 57,000 acres of the Loisaba Conservancy in northern Laikipia is the Elewana Loisaba Star Beds. This premier rustic safari vacation accommodation presents you the opportunity to experience the spirit of Africa like you never have before. Perched atop a platform, you will be able to view the landscape unobstructed all around.
From your unique vantage point, watch herds of elephants drinking at the waterhole, or gerenuks, buffaloes, impalas, and greater kudu munching on the grasses. If luck is on your side, and if you look carefully, you may spot a lion, hyena, leopard, wild dog or other predators lurking in the distant grasses before their prey senses them and run off. On arrival, you will be welcomed by a cool drink and briefed, and then taken to one of the star beds chalets by a team of Samburu and Maasai warriors.
Later, spend time relaxing in your room or in the lounge area before your tasty lunch and afternoon tea. Thereafter, your Loisaba game viewing journey will be filled with countless delights as you walk or ride atop a camel or horse, or game drive around Laikipia (best time to go).
- Part of the Elewana chain of camps and lodges in Africa assuring guests of bespoke accommodation services
- Located within the 57,000-acre Loisaba Conservancy in Northern Laikipia
- Unique eco-luxury accommodation that lets you experience Africa in an unusual way by spending nights under the open skies
- Built into the surrounding landscape incorporating natural stone from the kopjes
- Faces a waterhole that attracts resident wildlife
What To Expect At Elewana Loisaba Star Beds Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 4 rooms standing atop a platform
- Built using sustainable materials harvested from the landscape like thatch, stone, and wood
- Handmade "Mkokoteni" bed made with rough-hewn wood creating the four posters and framework covered with mosquito netting
- Family Room with two double beds, both of which can be wheeled out
- Option of getting an extra bed set up in the rooms for a third guest
Mosquito netting covers the beds completely including the top so you can view the stars as you sleep and catch the first rays of the sun as it appears over the horizon Laikipia (other places to stay). In addition to 3 rooms with double beds, the lodge also offers a Family Room that includes two double beds. Both beds are pushed out onto separate platforms at night so parents can have all the privacy they need.
Families on safari with kids and groups of up to 3 AfricanMecca guests can request for an extra bed. The staff organizes a single bed, but it cannot be rolled out onto the terrace like the others. Additional amenities include a closet for unpacking, a small seating arrangement, and an electronic safe for storing valuables. The ensuite bathroom features an open-plan shower and single vanity which has water running into a copper bowl.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Elewana Loisaba Star Beds On Loisaba - Laikipia Safari?
- Traveling around the conservancy to explore the wilderness and meet its myriad denizens
- Bushwalking safaris for close looks at the microcosms of the bush and the fantastic plant life
- Visiting the rivers and dams to view aquatic birds and other animals coming to drink
- Fishing excursion where guests can have their catch cooked for dinner
- Horseback safaris, camel walks, mountain biking, night game drives are specialist activities you can participate in
These trips in the bush will also reveal to you many smaller birds, insects and animals that camouflage in the undergrowth. Go on a game drive around the dam or rivers in Loisaba, and you will be able to catch sight of many birds fishing such as the African fish eagle, kingfisher, pelican, heron, cattle egret, and many more. You could also try angling and try to catch your fish meal that the camp cooks will prepare for you.
Tour the breathtaking world of Laikipia astride a horse or a camel and you can view animals more intimately and closely. Watch zebras and giraffes peacefully feeding, completely oblivious to your presence. Elewana Loisaba Star Beds can arrange mountain biking excursions, walking safaris, and conservation focused activities such as sniffer dog anti-poaching patrols and visiting the Loisaba Headquarters.
How Is The Dining At Elewana Loisaba Star Beds?
- Offers the option of having meals in the dining area or in the bushlands beside the river
- Natural, organic ingredients freshly-harvested from local farms used to cook the meals
- Sundowner drinks and cocktails set up at a bespoke location for enjoying the sunsets
- Lovely dining area cut into the surrounding rocks offering fabulous views of the landscape
- Pre-dinner drinks served back at the lodge beside a log fire
Pros & Cons At Elewana Loisaba Star Beds In Loisaba - Laikipia
What We Like About Elewana Loisaba Star Beds
- Has just 4 rooms offering safari vacationers the tranquil, boutique holiday in Laikipia with few other visitors and customized service.
- Offers the unique experience of star beds where you can sleep under the velvet blanket of the African night sky with only a panel of soft mesh separating you from the wilderness.
- Welcomes young children traveling with parents with provisions for an extra bed set up in the room, also has a two-bedroom suite for families of 4 or more.
- Overlooks a watering hole that provides views of the several resident hippos and other wildlife coming to drink at all times of the day.
- Belonging to the Elewana chain in Kenya that keenly follows eco-friendly practices like solar panels for power, waste management, and avoiding the use of plastics.
Things To Note When Staying At Elewana Loisaba Star Beds
- Provides open-plan rooms and bathrooms that can get windy and cold at night. During rainy nights, the bed is rolled back inside the room. Hot water bottles are tucked in each night. Not ideal for light sleepers as there is all kinds of bush noise i.e. wind, birds, insects and animals.
- Does not provide facilities like a swimming pool, fitness center with equipment for working out, or a spa for massages, though some guests wanting the authentic safari holiday do not welcome these facilities.
- High-end eco-accommodation catering only to the affluent demographic, not suitable for tourists looking for affordable or low cost accommodation in Laikipia.
- Caters to families with young kids, guests preferring high age restrictions may not find the stayover suited to their liking.
- Has an entirely rustic feel to the lodge, not meant for vacationers looking for chic and modern facilities and amenities.
Elewana Loisaba Star Beds Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Elewana Loisaba Star Beds Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Elewana Loisaba Star Beds In Loisaba - Laikipia, Kenya
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY LAIKIPIA
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Laikipia based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
LAIKIPIA SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Laikipia? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN KENYA
Want to safari in Kenya? Read more on private, custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Jambo Altaf, We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Kenya. The two camps you had chosen for us to stay in -- Il Ngwesi Lodge in Laikipia and Basecamp Maasai Mara -- were exemplary in how they were built...
Almut Spalding, Ph.D - Assoc. Professor of Modern Languages - Illinois College, United States
Dear Raza, Just a note to let you know that my daughter and I had a wonderful time in Kenya. I fell in love with your beautiful country & people. Our safari at Lewa Conservancy was everything we expected and more.
Patricia Young - Universal Music Group - California, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
We had the most unbelievable African Safari experience imaginable. Our first stay at Wilderness Trails in Lewa was a big surprise. We were able to see all the Big Five up close. Thank you for a superb experience.
Gary & Helen Bartel - Sacramento - California, United States
Dear Raza...We had a fantastic time at Wilderness Trails and Borana. And you and your organization provided top quality service. You were completely correct about all your recommendations. Thank you.
Deanne LaRue - California, United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ELEWANA LOISABA STAR BEDS IN LAIKIPIA KENYA
When staying at Elewana Loisaba Star Beds in Kenya, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Nakuru, Elementaita, and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Samburu, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the Indian Ocean for a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For KenyaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Kenya. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Kenya Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
9. Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
12. Horseback Riding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
13. Balloon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
14. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
15. Bush & Beach Safaris Trip Planning Guide For KenyaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAIKIPIA IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Elewana Loisaba Star Beds? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ELEWANA LOISABA STAR BEDS
LAIKIPIA CAMPS & LODGES
Scroll and view Northern Laikipia safari accommodations in Kenya
Elewana Loisaba Lodo SpringsLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Star BedsLaikipia North
Governors Mugie HouseLaikipia North
Siruai Mobile CampLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Tented CampLaikipia North
Sosian LodgeLaikipia North
Sanctuary At Ol LentilleLaikipia North
Ol MaloLaikipia North
Laikipia Wilderness CampLaikipia North
Ekorian’s Mugie CampLaikipia North
EXPLORE MORE ON LAIKIPIA - LOISABA & LEWA CONSERVANCY IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAIKIPIA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ELEWANA LOISABA STAR BEDS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +