GUIDE ON ELEWANA LOISABA LODO SPRINGS IN LAIKPIA
Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs Overview & Where Is It Located?Staying at the Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs gives you access to the spell-binding beauty of the Loisaba Conservancy within the iconic Laikipia of Kenya. This 57,000-acre wilderness is owned by the Loisaba community dedicated to conserving their precious wildlife resources. Standing on the critical Elephant Corridor, the conservancy plays a vital role in protecting lions, leopards, cheetah, wild dogs, and Grevy’s zebra, to name a few.
The camp itself is located on the rim of an escarpment providing you stunning views of the sprawling bushland and grassland overlooking a watering hole frequently visited by thirsty animals and birds. Your safari vacation in Laikipia starts with a short game drive from the Loisaba Airstrip to the camp, covered in around 15 minutes. You will be welcomed into an elegant lounge by a friendly staff, and after a short relaxation, you will be shown to your tented room.
The camp is a part of the Elewana portfolio of luxury accommodations in East Africa and prides itself on exceptional service standards and high-end hospitality. In between exciting game drives and other safari activities, you can spend time napping and sunbathing beside the rim-flow pool facing the verdant wilderness or opt for a his and her pampering from an expert masseuse.
- Located on Loisaba Conservancy that is owned by the Loisaba Community Trust and managed by Nature Conservancy
- Accessible by taking a one-hour flight from Nairobi and landing at the Loisaba airstrip that is 15 minutes from the camp
- Glorious upscale property within the Loisaba area of 57,000 acres of sprawling grasslands and forests
- Superb views of the waterhole, savannah, and forests from the edge of the escarpment with opportunities to see wildlife from the comfort of your tent
- Facilities like a rim-flow swimming pool and mini-library in the lounge area. In-room massage services are available on request
What To Expect At Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 8 tented rooms with marvelous views
- Large double bed with side tables, lamps, and power outlets for charging electronics
- Covered porch furnished with a daybed for relaxing and napping in the afternoons
- A delightful ambiance created with canvas walls and large glass doors and windows allowing in the fabulous interior views
- Ensuite bathroom with an open shower, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, and quality toiletries
Walk out the doors and onto the wide, covered porch furnished with a daybed for reveling in the superb views of Laikipian wilderness (where else to stay). A large double bed dominates the sleeping section with a stylish desk and chair and armoire for unpacking for your Laikipia trip with AfricanMecca. Additional amenities include tea and coffee-making supplies, an Espresso machine, drinking water, and a mini-bar with cold beverages.
The ensuite bathroom is at the back and has an open rain shower, cupboard with high-end toiletries, soft fluffy towels, bathrobes, hairdryer, and slippers. A double vanity makes it convenient for getting ready for your game drives in the morning, and plenty of solar-powered hot water is available for your showers while on vacation. The toilet offers a “loo with a view”.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs On Loisaba - Laikipia Safari?
- Thrilling day and night game drives in open-sided all-terrain vehicles to explore the incredible wilderness
- Wildlife viewing excursions combined with horseback riding or camel walks or rides
- Birdwatching trips and walking safaris to discover the smaller denizens of the savannah
- Fishing at the dam or mountain biking adventures
- Participating in anti-poaching patrols with four sniffer dogs
As you tour the wilderness aboard all-terrain safari vehicles, you can look out for the herds of elephants lumbering through the corridor as lions watch them lazily from the shade of a tree. You will also see Grevy’s zebra grazing in herds, reticulated giraffes, kudus, impalas, waterbuck, and Cape buffaloes. If you enjoy horseback riding or camel walks-rides, you might find that approaching the animals from the back of a four-legged ride is much easier since wildlife tend not to feel threatened.
You can also go on walking safaris through the wilderness to learn more about the medical plants, birds, and smaller creatures of Laikipia, such as insects, amphibians, and reptiles, each of which plays an important part to keep the ecosystem in perfect harmony. You might want to try other activities whilst staying at Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs, including fishing, mountain biking, or joining anti-poaching rangers as they patrol the landscape with sniffer dogs.
How Is The Dining At Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs?
- Meals served in the dining area beside the swimming pool overlooking the waterhole and bushlands of Loisaba
- Bar for ordering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Option of requesting that breakfast and lunch is served in the bush
- Sundowner drinks and cocktails served at bespoke locations in the wilderness after the drive
- Generous portion sizes, fine dining cuisine with freshly harvested ingredients from local organic farms, and delectable desserts make each meal memorable
Tuck into lavish soups, salads, meat and fish cuisine, cakes, and Yorkshire puddings, ice creams, sorbets, and sip on complimenting beverages served by the friendly and attentive staff. Your meals are laid out in the dining area beside the swimming pool, but you also have the option of requesting breakfast or lunch in the bush.
Your night game drives are highlighted with sundowner cocktails served at bespoke locations in the wilderness, so you can enjoy watching the full splendor of the sun as it sets on Laikipia. Back at the camp, you can order pre-dinner drinks at the bar and sip them in the company of friends and family by the outdoor fire log as you recount your safari adventures in the Kenyan bush.
Pros & Cons At Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs In Loisaba - Laikipia
What We Like About Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs
- Fabulous escarpment location in the Loisaba Conservancy (northern Laikipia), a 57,000-acre wilderness with glorious plains and forests abounding with wildlife.
- Fantastic views of the bushland overlooking a watering hole visited by animals and birds for drinking. Elephants love to drink and mud bath here.
- Provides just 8 ensuite tented rooms allowing for a tranquil safari holiday experience without the disturbance of a high tourist footfall.
- Part of the Elewana portfolio of luxury accommodation assuring guests of the highest quality standards of bespoke hospitality and consistently reliable services.
- Staying in a conservancy allows you to go on night game drives and walking safaris; such activities may not be permitted in conventional camps in national parks.
Things To Note When Staying At Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs
- Offers facilities like a rim-flow swimming pool, but not a fitness center, though such add-ons may seem contrary in an authentic yesteryear safari setting.
- Since the camp is located on the rim of an escarpment, accessing it involves a steep climb which may not be ideal for physically challenged guests visiting Laikipia.
- Central lounge, reception, and dining areas are located at a distance from some of the rooms and require a long walk to reach them.
- The camp does not offer interconnecting tented rooms for family safaris but has provisions for setting up extra beds for kids traveling with parents. Every effort is made to accommodate families with young children e.g. special mealtimes, children’s menu, exclusive use of vehicle and private guide etc
- High-end stay with higher cost rooming rates, which may not suit the requirements of guests looking for mid-range or economical prices.
Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs In Loisaba - Laikipia, Kenya
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY LAIKIPIA
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Laikipia based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
LAIKIPIA SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Laikipia? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN KENYA
Want to safari in Kenya? Read more on private, custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Jambo Altaf, We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Kenya. The two camps you had chosen for us to stay in -- Il Ngwesi Lodge in Laikipia and Basecamp Maasai Mara -- were exemplary in how they were built...
Almut Spalding, Ph.D - Assoc. Professor of Modern Languages - Illinois College, United States
Dear Raza, Just a note to let you know that my daughter and I had a wonderful time in Kenya. I fell in love with your beautiful country & people. Our safari at Lewa Conservancy was everything we expected and more.
Patricia Young - Universal Music Group - California, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
We had the most unbelievable African Safari experience imaginable. Our first stay at Wilderness Trails in Lewa was a big surprise. We were able to see all the Big Five up close. Thank you for a superb experience.
Gary & Helen Bartel - Sacramento - California, United States
Dear Raza...We had a fantastic time at Wilderness Trails and Borana. And you and your organization provided top quality service. You were completely correct about all your recommendations. Thank you.
Deanne LaRue - California, United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ELEWANA LOISABA LODO SPRINGS IN LAIKIPIA KENYA
When staying at Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs in Kenya, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Nakuru, Elementaita, and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa: Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Samburu, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the Indian Ocean for a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For KenyaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Kenya. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Kenya Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
9. Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
12. Horseback Riding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
13. Balloon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
14. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Kenya
15. Bush & Beach Safaris Trip Planning Guide For KenyaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAIKIPIA IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Elewana Loisaba Lodo Springs? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ELEWANA LOISABA LODO SPRINGS
LAIKIPIA CAMPS & LODGES
Scroll and view Northern Laikipia safari accommodations in Kenya
Elewana Loisaba Lodo SpringsLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Star BedsLaikipia North
Governors Mugie HouseLaikipia North
Siruai Mobile CampLaikipia North
Elewana Loisaba Tented CampLaikipia North
Sosian LodgeLaikipia North
Sanctuary At Ol LentilleLaikipia North
Ol MaloLaikipia North
Laikipia Wilderness CampLaikipia North
Ekorian’s Mugie CampLaikipia North
EXPLORE MORE ON LAIKIPIA - LOISABA & LEWA CONSERVANCY IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAIKIPIA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ELEWANA LOISABA LODO SPRINGS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +