READ MORE ON TRAVEL GUIDE FOR PEMBA
TOP 5 REASONS ON WHY YOU SHOULD VISIT PEMBA FOR VACATIONS
"El Huthera" or The Green as ancient Omani sailors called it, that is Pemba, an emerald island located in the Indian Ocean, a scarce 80 kilometers (50 miles) to the north of Zanzibar. Lush forests covering a hilly landscape contribute to its name and unlike Zanzibar, Pemba is virtually unspoiled and lacks the masses of tourists.
Why Go To Pemba For A Beach, Marine, Cultural & Historical Vacation
For Tour Planning Guidance On Pemba, Please Contact Us.
1. Your Dream Turquoise Indian Ocean Island EscapadeThe reason why Pemba has managed to retain its tranquil island charm is that its people are aloof in the charms of modernization and are content with their quiet life of fishing and farming, a testament that sustainable living has been working for them for centuries. Wander out to the beach and you will be enchanted by the pristine, white sands that sink below your feet as the waves tickle your toes and the gentle ocean breezes ruffle your hair. There are very few beach accommodations for guests here, and chances are that you could spend your entire AfricanMecca dream island trip on Pemba without encountering any other visitors other than those at your seaside hotel. Spend idle, languorous days soaking up the sunshine on the beaches with cool drinks in hand watching the traditional dhows with their quaint triangular sails cruise the shimmering turquoise of the Indian Ocean before you.
2. Sleep In An Underwater Room At Manta Reef Resort – An Inimitable ExperienceIf you are a lover of marine life and have always wished you could spend more time underwater watching the fascinating creatures around you, then the Manta Resort might just be the thing you were looking for. They have a unique offering for AfricanMecca guests holidaying in this part of Eastern Africa that lets them enjoy living inside the marine paradise, their “Underwater Room” at Manta Reef. Set 250 meters away from the beach in the middle of the vast Indian Ocean, this floating anchored room comprises of three levels. The topmost is open to the skies and sun, allowing for idyllic sunbathing sessions and perhaps, starlit reminiscences while the lower floor is the lounge and bathroom. The bottom floor is the bedroom with glass windows so you can spend time watching the marine life all around you. At night, subtle floodlights light up the ocean all around so you can view the creatures dropping by to visit you on your marine tour of Pemba. Elusive squids, octopi, elegant spanish dancers, batfish and trumpetfish, are only a few of the reef denizens you could view, and it will interest you to know that coral have begun to form around the exteriors of the immersed room and on the anchoring lines.
3. Romantic Boutique Resort ExperienceHoneymooners and couples looking for an intimate, romantic escape could choose to spend time at the Fundu Lagoon for the beach travel in Africa. Located on the southwest section of Pemba Island, this resort is primarily accessible by boat once you land on the island. It has a serene ambience with the soft sands and blues of the Indian Ocean before you alongside the stunning verdant of the tropical forests to shade you. The entire resort is built with thatch, coconut poles, native lumber and canvas to give you a taste of island living. Use the boarded walkways to wander between the common areas with bead curtains and handcrafted artifacts adding charm to the decor. Higher up the incline is a secluded ovalish pool in a quiet shady corner with stunning vistas of the ocean in front of you. Cool-off in the waters stopping only for a sip from a drink ordered at the pool bar or simply lay back in the loungers and let the sun softly embrace you with its tan. Spend your evenings on the jetty and enjoy the spectacular sunsets over the Indian Ocean as its turns to liquid gold augmented by calls of the birds adding harmony to yet another superlative evening of your vacation on Pemba Island.
4. World Class Scuba Diving At Varied Dive Sites With Clear VisibilityThe waters around Pemba Island maintain a perfect temperature of 75-94 F (24-29 C) for the growth of coral alongside the nutrient-rich waters of the ocean that contribute to the creation of an exquisite world of long lines of reefs inhabited by a stunning diversity of moving marine life. This is the realm you will discover when snorkeling and scuba diving on your marine excursion of Pemba. Both novices and experienced divers can explore the waters whose clarity allows for visibility up to 30 to 40 meters where the gentle sun rays light up an eerily calm habitat that displays a riot of colors. Look out numerous reef fishes, eagle rays and manta rays, garden eels, starfish, mollusks, crabs, shrimps and other crustaceans, sea horses, squids, sponges, turtles and many more creating a unique ecosystem among the living coral, algae, sea grasses and other ocean flora.
5. Off-Beat Island ToursYou might think that the tranquility of Pemba only allows for a relaxed holiday in Tanzania with little else to do. But, there are distinct possible activities here that your time will seem too short. Explore the secrets of Ngezi Forest where a diversity of smaller fauna such as Pemba avian life from sunbirds, scops owl, green pigeons, goshawks to primates like vervet monkeys, bushbabies, red colobus monkeys, hyrax await your discovery. AfricanMecca guests can also explore Ngezi in search of the “Flying Fox Bats of Pemba” ending with a visit to the fortress of Mkama Ndume and the 18th-century ruins at Chwaka. Other sightseeing sites are Chake Chake – the capital settlement area of the island, the self-effacing lighthouse, fish market, a tour of clove spice farms of Pemba, visit a local school and more. You could picnic on the varied sandbanks exposed at low tide and revel in the fabulous white sands creating a stunning contrast to the turquoise waters. Take pictures of the tiny marine creatures and shells left behind by the receding tide to reminisce your tour on Pemba Island. Try a thrilling afternoon of angling aboard a custom-built fishing boat with an experienced skipper. And spend another glorious evening on a Ngalawa boat watching the romantic sunset with your loved one.
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR BEACH EXPERTS TODAY TO KICK-START YOUR TOUR PLANNING PROCESS
Request Tanzania Custom Or Tailor-Made Trip Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Beach Tier Hotel Or ResortCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PEMBA BEACH PRICES BASED ON TIERS
Read More +
WANT TO VISIT ZANZIBAR?
An exquisite Indian Ocean jewel, off the east coast of Tanzania, Zanzibar or the Spice Island is a laid-back little settlement where history whispers and pristine beaches sooth your mind, body and soul.
Read More +
WHERE TO STAY IN PEMBA
There are two main accommodations on the island. Fundu Lagoon affords a personalized and intimate boutique experience while Manta Resort is most suited to the travelers who are more restricted on their budget.
Read More +
PEMBA TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Pemba offers varied island experiences, from a walking tour of the Ngezi Forest Reserve in search of the Flying Fox Bats to visiting sandbanks, scuba diving and snorkeling at pristine coral reefs to fishing and more.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT PEMBA
The best times to holiday on Pemba are its cool-dry seasonal months from July to October which typically sees temperate weather conditions and also the humid-hot dry seasonal months of January and February.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
The Fundu Lagoon Resort at Pemba was outstanding. All personnel there care and deliver great service. Beach dinner experiences and superb variations of meal menus plus changes of venue for dinners were wonderful.
Viv & Kirsty Turner - KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Jambo Altaf, We did enjoy the Manta Reef Lodge in Pemba. People were very friendly, food very good with lots of variety lunch & dinner. Diving was well organized, professional people and good infrastructure.
Michela Casaldi & Jason Haynes - Newbury, United Kingdom
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
Greetings to you and our most fervent thanks for a wonderful trip of Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa & Victoria Falls. Everything went very well. This was truly a perfect vacation. Thank you so much for all your arrangements.
Adrienne & Barrie Carter - Canada
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Ras Nungwi was a beautiful property, the pristine white beach not more than forty feet from our lovely room, the Indian Ocean sublime. Raza, it was the vacation of a lifetime, again, thanks so much.
Jamie Davis & Liudmila Kondakova - California, United States
Dear Raza, I want to thank you for being the very best travel partner to design and arrange our spectacular trip to Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar. I have already recommended you to several of my friends and colleagues.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI & BEACH BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR PEMBA IN EASTERN TANZANIA
When beach vacationing in Pemba, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Pemba Island attractions and tour activities after your Northern Tanzania safari to Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti.
You may optionally extend out to offbeat parks in Southern and Western Tanzania such as Selous, Ruaha or Katavi ending with a chimpanzee trekking safari at Gombe or Mahale by the relaxing Lake Tanganyika.
PEMBA BEACH & ISLAND TOUR PLANNING DETAILS
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN TRIP TO PEMBA IN TANZANIA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Pemba ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PEMBA
HAVE YOU VISITED PEMBA ON AN AFRICA TRIP IN TANZANIA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PEMBA REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +