GUIDE ON GRUMETI HILLS IN SERENGETI
The Western Corridor of the Serengeti ecosystem is home to an abundance of wildlife species, as well as the native peoples of Tanzania living around the surrounding Wildlife Management Area (WMA), making it a superb safari destination for AfricanMecca guests. The area includes Fort Ikoma Wildlife Area, Grumeti Reserve and the western section of Serengeti National Park. Animals concentrate at the Grumeti River when the seasonal Mbalageti River runs dry, giving our guests ample opportunities to see their most desired animals, both terrestrial and feathered.
Within the Grumeti Wildlife Management Area is Grumeti Hills, a mid-range tented accommodation that is perched atop one of the highest hills in the area, offering expansive views from any point on the property. The WMA in Serengeti is surrounded by protected land to the west, south, east and Grumeti Reserve.
Accommodation At Grumeti HillsGrumeti Hills offer AfricanMecca guests a selection of 20 tents, including one interconnected tent with two bedrooms, ideal for your family vacation or small groups of friends who are exploring Africa. Each canvas tent is covered with a thatch structure and built upon stone terraces to offer shelter from the elements and heat of the African savannah. Central to the interior space is a large, comfortable bed with a light wood headboard, adorned with reading lamps for those late nights writing about your East African travels and all of your amazing experiences in Serengeti Park. To one side of the tent is a free-standing tub that contrasts with a lovely stone privacy wall which separates the living area from the ensuite bathroom. A wash basin, dressing area, shower and flush toilet are in the back of the tent.
Solar-heated water is available 24 hours per day, so you can freshen up any time, day or night. Much of your leisure time is sure to be spent on your private shaded terrace, with impeccable views of the plains and wildlife of Serengeti. The mess tent is located at the north end of the property and features a spacious lounge with dark wood floors and furnishings, stone walls and elegant emerald-green upholstered sofas. The dining area features a charming décor that makes you feel right at home. Free Wi-Fi is available in the mess tent. Best of all, Grumeti Hills has a sparkling swimming pool that is carved into the natural rock at the southern end of the property, complete with changing rooms, showers, toilets and a massage area.
Safari At Grumeti HillsWhat a wondrous trip awaits you in western sector of Serengeti National Park! Because Grumeti Hills is sited within a private concession, AfricanMecca guests have access to activities that are otherwise not allowed within the park boundaries. The centerpiece of any safari is game drives, and you not only get to enjoy morning and afternoon drives within the park, but also night drives within the wildlife management area. Few people on Earth get to see Africa unfold under the cover of darkness. A walking safari is another treat available at Grumeti Hills, as well as cultural tours of nearby villages.
Dining At Grumeti HillsFrom dark wood salt-and-pepper mills to exquisite green glass bottles holding botanical gifts, the dining area features thoughtful elements that make you feel as if you are enjoying the culinary creations of a close, personal friend. The chef takes your taste buds on a delightful tour of flavors local to Tanzania and representative of international cuisines. For an extra-special holiday experience, we recommend arranging a meal in the African bush, such as a picnic along the Grumeti River or breakfast at the end of your morning game drive. Upto 45 guests can be accommodated for meals in the dining area.
|1. Serengeti Safari Park Guide||2. Best Time & Weather To Visit Serengeti|
|3. Serengeti Map||4. Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Serengeti|
Option 2: Select Dates Below & Click On See Listings To View Serengeti Prices By Safari Tier
What We Like About Grumeti Hills
- Grumeti Hills is a mid-range and mid-sized accommodation with only 20 rooms - maximum 45 guests.
- The location within a private concession allows guests to participate in activities that are not allowed inside the park boundaries i.e. night game drives and walking safaris.
- The guest tents are no frills yet comfortable, offering impressive views from private shaded terraces.
- Sunset views are simply spectacular at this camp in western Serengeti.
- The staff is known for giving special attention to families with children.
Things To Note When Staying At Grumeti Hills
- The accommodation has a lodge-resort feel to it with its permanent build. Also, some tents do not have a lot of privacy – you may be able to see your neighbor’s tent from your terrace or sleeping area.
- Some guests may find the menu items limited. Service quality can be variable at time – some guests may find the staff to be less than attentive to their desires. Wi-Fi is available in the main mess tent only.
- Grumeti Hills is located in the Grumeti Wildlife Management Area, and is 12 km from the Ikoma Gate, the western entry point to Serengeti National Park. The Ikoma Airstrip is 15 km away. There are known occurrences of Tsetse flies in the western area of the WMA due to Maasai cattle in the area.
- The owners of the Grumeti Hills also have ties to the hunting industry in Tanzania.
- Guests with limited mobility should request tents near the main mess tent, although this is the farthest from the swimming pool and massage area.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Grumeti Hills In Serengeti, Tanzania
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN SERENGETI
Read More +
SERENGETI SAFARI & TOUR
Read More +
WILDLIFE SAFARIS IN TANZANIA
Read More +
ZANZIBAR ISLAND & BEACH GUIDE
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca's professionalism and care understands that what distinguishes Africa is its authenticity, the land, people and wildlife who do not share our world of fashion and fanfare that distinguish so many travel companies today.
Cyril Christo & Marie Wilkinson, Conservation Photographers, Authors & Wildlife Documentary Producers - USA
Jambo Raza, We all had a fantastic time on our Tanzania safari. Accommodations were excellent and we loved our guide - Rodgers. We will definitely recommend this safari to others. Thanks for all your help making the arrangements.
Dr Thomas Davis, Methodist Hospital, Minnesota, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
Thanks again to you for arranging a wonderful trip for us. Everything was great from the fantastic wildlife, the scenery, the people, the accommodations and the food. The safari was everything we had hoped for.
Liz and Gunnar Kristiansen - Ontario, Canada
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
We had an absolutely amazing trip in Arusha, Serengeti and Gombe - everything went smooth as silk. Thank you so much Raza for making this trip, the trip of a lifetime. We had an absolutely brilliant time.
Tiffany Heitz & Lesley Smith - California, United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR GRUMETI HILLS IN SERENGETI TANZANIA
When staying at Grumeti Hills in Western Serengeti (Grumeti River Corridor), we recommend combining it with your Northern Tanzania safari to Tarangire, Lake Manyara and Ngorongoro Crater. End your trip with a Swahili cultural tour and beach holiday in Zanzibar.
You may optionally extend out to offbeat parks in Southern and Western Tanzania such as Selous, Ruaha or Katavi ending with a chimpanzee trekking safari at Gombe or Mahale by the relaxing Lake Tanganyika.
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO SERENGETI IN TANZANIA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Grumeti Hills? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON GRUMETI HILLS
WESTERN SERENGETI CAMPS & LODGES
Legendary Serengeti Mobile CampSerengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
Asanja GrumetiSerengeti West
Grumeti HillsSerengeti West
Grumeti Migration CampSerengeti West
Kirawira Serena CampSerengeti West
Singita Explore CampSerengeti West
andBeyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented CampSerengeti West
Singita Sabora Tented CampSerengeti West
andBeyond Serengeti Under CanvasSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
Serengeti Safari CampSerengeti Central , Serengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
Singita Serengeti HouseSerengeti West
Serengeti Simba LodgeSerengeti West
Singita Faru Faru LodgeSerengeti West
Mbalageti Serengeti LodgeSerengeti West
Singita Sasakwa LodgeSerengeti West
Ubuntu CampSerengeti Mobile , Serengeti North , Serengeti South , Serengeti West
EXPLORE MORE ON SERENGETI NATIONAL PARK IN TANZANIA
HAVE YOU VISITED SERENGETI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN TANZANIA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE GRUMETI HILLS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +