AUTHENTIC TOURS & PERSONALIZED EXCURSIONS AROUND LAMU WITH AFRICANMECCA
Select Your Lamu Tour Attraction For More Details On The Experience1. Tour of Lamu Old Town - Picturesque Lamu Old Town is a surreal setting of small alleys that wind through an architectural maze of stone houses, open air markets and inviting shops. The people, food and structures are an indication that you are enveloped in a place that seems to be untouched by time.
2. Dhow Safaris In Lamu - The ocean is an important part of life on the Kenyan coastline, and dhows have been sailing the Indian Ocean since the advent of the great trade routes that brought goods from faraway destinations.
3. Snorkeling & Scuba Diving Excursions In Lamu - Diving and snorkeling on a coral reef is an amazing underworld experience, and Lamu Island has one of the top coral reefs in Kenya. Most notable are the reefs of Manda Toto, Kiniyka and at Kiunga Marine National Reserve.
4. Deep Sea Fishing Trips In Lamu - The Lamu Archipelago is discerning, top-rate destination for big game fishing. A half or full-day deep sea angling trip with AfricanMecca gets you close to some of the gigantic finned creatures in the Indian Ocean.
5. Lamu Donkey Racing Festival - In the lunar month of Rabi' al-awwal, the resident of Lamu hold festivities to celebrate the fiesta of the annual Maulidi. One of the most popular events during the celebration is donkey racing.
6. Lamu Dhow Racing Festival - The Swahilis of Lamu are recognized for their dhow construction and sailing abilities, so it should be no surprise that dhow races frequently happen with the winners receiving significant honors.
7. Active Water Sport Activities In Lamu - With deep blue water and beautiful sand beaches at your front door, it is hard to resist the chance to enjoy all that the Indian Ocean offers you. Lamu Island is an activity-rich destination for those who love the thrill of skimming across the water.
8. Kiunga Marine National Reserve Trip - Just off the northern coast of Kenya is Kiunga Marine National Reserve, a collection of approximately fifty calcareous isles and coral reefs. The reserve extends more than 37 miles parallel to the shoreline.
Read More +
WHERE TO STAY IN LAMU
For boutique lodgings, we recommend Majlis Resort and Manda Bay while Kizingoni Beach Houses, Kipungani or even Kizingo Lodge are excellent mid-range experiences. Kijani Hotel is a budget option.
Read More +
GUIDE ON LAMU
Lamu Island is a distinctive beach and cultural travel destination in Africa. With a history that dates back to the 14th century, the island represents a time when life was much simpler and stress-free.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT LAMU
January to March are the warmest months while cooler temperatures occur in July to September. In April and May, the long rainy season arrives and ends by June with short rains from November.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safari could not have been more helpful through the entire process of planning our trip to Kenya. Our trip to Lamu (a suggestion by Raza) was incredible, and Kizingo is a perfect place to stay there. All in all, we had an amazing time in Kenya.
Jordan Klein & Anna Kohanski - New York, United States
Lamu was fabulous. hot and sunny and we again were delighted with our accommodation. Everything was run smoothly and without any hitches and we are most grateful for a truly memorable holiday of a life time. You organised everything efficiently which made life so easy for us.
Angela Cook - London, United Kingdom
I had just the BEST time in Lamu - quite probably the holiday of my life - and am determined to go back in November. I have to say, the holiday was made by Altaf's dedication to what I needed - he worked very hard to ensure I got the full ten night stay at Kipungani, and I was impressed to say the least. Many thanks - I'll be back.
Jeremy King, Senior Producer GMTV - London, United Kingdom
Raza, I have returned from the trip to Kenya you arranged. It went quite well and all of your advice about hotels etc was correct and prevented me from doing things less than optimal. I really enjoyed Lamu; it is one of the best beaches I have seen.
Dr Thomas Walshe - Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Raza, I want to tell you that all aspects of our travel arrangements with you ran smoothly. Our visit to Lamu was most enjoyable and a pleasant contrast to the highlands. I will unreservedly recommend AfricanMecca to others.
Peter Moody - Cape Town, South Africa
I wanted to email you to say how well all your arrangements came together for Lamu - Peponi Hotel. The logistics worked very well, the venues fulfilled all expectations - the whole experience was splendid.
Robyn Taylor - Brisbane, Australia
Lamu Palace was really quite exotic, with again wonderful people, in great location, I felt like I was in the movie Casablanca. I will recommend your company to anyone I know travelling to Kenya. In deep appreciation...
Lynne Crawford - Boston, Massachusetts - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI & BEACH BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR LAMU IN EASTERN KENYA
When beach vacationing in Lamu, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Lamu Island attractions and tour activities after your Kenya safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Samburu or Laikipia - Lewa, Nakuru and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also day trek or climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa - Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West ending with a twin-beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Mombasa.
LAMU BEACH & TOUR PLANNING DETAILS
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN TRIP TO LAMU IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Lamu ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAMU
LAMU HOTELS & RESORTS
The Red Pepper HouseLamu Island
The Majlis ResortLamu Island
Manda BayLamu Island
Lamu HouseLamu Island
Mikes CampLamu Island
Lamu Palace HotelLamu Island
Kizingoni Beach HousesLamu Island
Kipungani ExplorerLamu Island
Kijani HotelLamu Island
Baytil AjaibLamu Island
Subira HouseLamu Island
Diamond Beach VillageLamu Island
Peponi HotelLamu Island
HAVE YOU VISITED LAMU FOR A BEACH VACATION IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAMU REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +