Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge - Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is located in Lemala Hill on the eastern rim of Ngorongoro Crater in the Volcanic Highlands of Northern Tanzania. The Crater forms part of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, an area of 8,300sq kms set aside to preserve and integrate the diverse values and interests of wildlife, people, forestry, archaeology and tourism. Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is the only tourist development on the previously undisturbed Eastern access road to the Ngorongoro. The descent to the Ngorongoro Crater Floor commences within five minutes of leave the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge. The lodge is situated at 7,800 feet (2,375 meters) above sea level and is therefore, cool and even cold at certain times of the year.
Tell Me More About Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Located In Ngorongoro Crater as an African Safari & Tanzania Wildlife Safari Accommodation
• Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge opened in 1992, is an all-suite lodge having 96 suites most enjoying magnificent views into the Ngorongoro Crater.
• Each suite is fully carpeted and heated by oil fired central heating radiators in the winter months. The spacious bedrooms contain two queen sized beds with deep sprung mattresses to ensure a comfortable nights rest. The fully tiled bathrooms are equipped to a high standard with bath, shower, WC, bidet, wash hand basin, hair dryer and shaver socket.
• Each suite has a solarium with comfortable rocking chairs, the perfect place to relax. A small private lounge with writing desk provides extra privacy to each suite and mini bars are available on request.
African Safari Culinary and Dining Experience At Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Located In Ngorongoro Tanzania
• The meals are served in the main restaurant and are prepared in international and local flavors by professionally trained chefs. After meals
, guests can take time to relax in the lodge gardens overlooking the crater or in the main lounge with cup of tea or coffee.
African Tanzania Photo Safari Experience and Adventure Tours At Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge Located In Ngorongoro Crater Tanzania
• Day wildlife watching and game driving Tanzania safaris on the Ngorongoro Crater floor.
• Ornithological Tanzania safaris.
• Wildlife movies are shown on certain evenings. Acrobats also display their talents to the visiting guests.
• Morning wildlife walks around the crater with the resident naturalist.
• A day trip to Olduvai Gorge, the cradle of mankind, and site of one of the most important and controversial Paleolithic finds in recent history.
• A visit to neighboring Empakaai Crater, a 300-meter deep crater dominated by a flamingo-frosted soda lake.
• Visits to a selection of authentic Maasai villages.
• Relax on your chair on the veranda gazing between trees, or enlighten yourself with some reading, or noting down a journal on your sketchbook.