GUIDE ON SHERATON KAMPALA HOTEL IN UGANDA
Sheraton Kampala Hotel Overview & Where Is It Located?Surrounded by well-landscaped gardens in Nakasero, an upmarket area in the heart of Kampala, the Sheraton Kampala Hotel is a value hotel well-suited for business travelers and safari vacationers. The Sheraton Kampala’s rooms occupy a multi-story structure that offers breathtaking views of the city spread below, especially from upper-floor rooms. Its extensive range of facilities includes rooms that are specially furnished for the convenience of physically challenged guests. You can relax beside the pool in loungers and enjoy the lovely climate of Kampala or work out in the fitness center. The hotel also features tennis and squash courts, a spa offering soothing massages, plus a sauna, steam room and a Club Lounge on the 10th floor.
- Set in Nakasero, an upmarket locale in the center of Kampala city
- Housed in a multi-story skyscraping structure offering stunning views of the city below
- Swimming pool with loungers for sunbathing or enjoying the lovely climate
- Fitness center for working out and tennis and squash courts
- Spa offering soothing massages, sauna and steam room for rejuvenating sessions
What To Expect At Sheraton Kampala Hotel Accommodation?
- Value Hotel Tier 3 Experience. Total of 236 air-conditioned rooms including 30 suites
- Rooming options such as Botanical Garden View Rooms, Executive Rooms, Club Level Rooms, Diplomatic Suite, Junior Suites, and Presidential Suite
- Suitable for families and larger groups, some of the suite units are spacious enough for three or four guests
- Club Lounge exclusively for use by guests staying in the upper-class suites
- The Presidential Suite has separate dining and living area rooms
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Sheraton Kampala Hotel In Kampala?
- Walking tours around Nakasero to check out the colonial architecture many of which are now hotels and restaurants
- Visit to attractions like Uganda National Museum, Baha’i Temple, Muslim mosques, Hindu and Jewish temples, Rubaga Cathedral, and Namirembe Church, among others
- Viewing the Kasubi Tomb, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Land and water based activities around Lake Victoria - boating, birding, horse riding, fishing, sunset cruises etc
- A full day nature excursion to explore the forest of the Serenada Eco Tourism Wilderness site
Each of the five districts of Kampala—Central Division, Rubaga, Kawempe, Nakawa, and Makindye—has its unique attractions. Check out prestigious Makerere University, a renowned higher education center of East Africa. Get a peek into the cultural history of Uganda at the Kasubi Tombs Ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a remnant of the times when Uganda was ruled by the Buganda kings, who used Kampala as their ruling and protective base.
Before you go off to explore Uganda’s wonderful wildlife reserves and parks on your AfricanMecca safari, families with young children may opt to get an introduction to the incredible variety of flora and fauna present there with a visit to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center, which rehabilitates some of its wildlife for the purpose of education and conservation for the future generations of Ugandans. Iconic Lake Victoria offers plenty of water-related activities perfect to add to your active, adventure holiday. Take an idyllic sunset cruise or hire a boat to go exploring on the lake. You could try angling for tilapia or Nile perch, take a birdwatching trip on the shores of the lake, or visit the Serenada Eco Tourism Wilderness by taking a 35-minute boat ride from Ggaba Beach.
How Is The Dining At Sheraton Kampala Hotel?
- Seven Seas Restaurant for seafood, steaks, and pasta
- Paradise Grill and La Terrasse for the alfresco garden dining experience
- Victoria Breakfast Room for an American buffet breakfast spread and light bites all through the day
- Parksquare Cafe for coffee and confectionery and Temptations for desserts
- Kyoga Pool Bar and Equator Bar for ordering cocktails and other alcoholic drinks
What We Like About Sheraton Kampala Hotel
- Offer great views of Kampala from the top-floor rooms.
- Excellent proximity to the central hub of Kampala and location in one of the upmarket locations of the city, Nakasero.
- The first internationally branded hotel in Uganda. Services, amenities, and facilities cater to both business and leisure travelers looking for value accommodation.
- Provides a range of cuisines at its unique restaurants and cafes.
- Impressive recreational and fitness facilities, includes a swimming pool, fitness center, spa, tennis and squash courts.
Things To Note When Staying At Sheraton Kampala Hotel
- With 236 rooms, it may not be suitable for holidaymakers looking for tranquil accommodation in Kampala with highly personalized services.
- Marriott hotel services and standards at this Sheraton location need improvements; some rooms and facilities could be better maintained. Expected for a Value Tier 3 accommodation.
- With an international brand behind the name, the rooming and meal prices are on the higher side for the value it provides.
- The nightclub across the hotel plays loud music till early morning, and some guests may find it disturbing.
- With a maximum occupancy of 450 guests during conference days, the hotel may become noisy when events are in progress and during check-in, check-out, breakfast time where many attendees will be staying.
Sheraton Kampala Hotel Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Sheraton Kampala Hotel Is A Value Tier 3 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Sheraton Kampala Hotel In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Read More +
KAMPALA ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR SHERATON KAMPALA HOTEL IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Sheraton Kampala Hotel in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Sheraton Kampala Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SHERATON KAMPALA HOTEL
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SHERATON KAMPALA HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +