GUIDE ON LAKE VICTORIA SERENA GOLF RESORT & SPA IN UGANDA
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa Overview & Where Is It Located?Located within easy reach of Entebbe International Airport (35 km - 22 mi) and the southern outskirts of Kampala, Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa is a beautiful, deluxe stayover by tranquil Lake Victoria, with stylish architecture echoing the fused romance of the Mediterranean and Africa. Set amid gorgeous landscaped gardens that attract a variety of indigenous Ugandan birdlife, the hotel offers stunning views of the lake and has a range of facilities that vacationers are sure to appreciate. Enjoy playing a leisurely game of golf at the PGA-affiliated championship course or spend time poolside, swimming or sunbathing in loungers. Visit the Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa to indulge yourself, or take part in water activities using the hotel's private marina as a base. The fitness center is the ideal place to work off the delicious meals.
- Beautiful lakeside accommodation on the outskirts of the city of Kampala
- Stylish architecture incorporating elements of the Mediterranean and African regions
- Sightings of different varieties of indigenous avian fauna that thrives in the lush tropical gardens
- Swimming pool for sunbathing and taking refreshing dips
- Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa for expert massages and fitness center for working out
What To Expect At Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa Accommodation?
- Deluxe Hotel Tier 2 Experience. Total of 124 rooms and suites in 3 configurations
- Choice of 114 Deluxe Rooms, 8 Executive Suites, and 2 Presidential Suites
- Rooms with twin single beds or a queen-sized bed available
- Ensuite bathroom featuring bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, and shower area
- Self-contained Presidential Suites with a private living room, dining area, and kitchenette
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa In Kampala?
- Water sports and cruises on Lake Victoria using the hotel’s bay as an embarking point
- Exploring the five districts of the city including Central Division, Makindye, Rubaga, Nakawa, and Kawempe
- Visits to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, 1881 Kasubi Tombs
- Introduction to the native wildlife at Uganda Wildlife Education Center, Serenada Eco-Tourism Site, and the Snake Park
- Cultural experiences by offering prayers at the Nakayima tree revered by the Bachwezi Kings
Lubaga, also known as Rubaga, was the capital of the legendary Buganda kings. Tour this part of Kampala with your private AfricanMecca guide for views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site 1881 Kasubi Tombs and the manmade Kabaka’s Lake. Here you will also find famous landmark reminders of the advent of colonialism in Uganda. Marvel at the Namirembe and Rubaga Cathedrals. Architecture aficionados may also enjoy the Uganda National Mosque, Shree Sanatan Dharma Mandal Hindu Temple, Kampala Jewish Synagogue, and Baha’i Temple, as well as the colonial-era structures of Nakasero in the Central Division.
Makerere University in the Kawempe District is another must-visit. For an introduction to Uganda’s incredible wildlife, make your way to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center, Serenada Eco-Tourism Site and the Snake Park on the Kampala-Entebbe Highway. To offer prayers for well-being in the traditional Ugandan way, visit the ancient Nakayima tree, revered since the era of the Bachwezi kings.
How Is The Dining At Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa?
- Restaurants such as The Citadel, Marina and Lago for all sit down meals
- Lago Restaurant offering Chinese and Balinese cuisines fused with contemporary menus
- Lake View Pool Terrace for all-day snacks and beverages
- Kigo Bar for ordering wines and cocktails while socializing with other guests
- Citadel brasserie offers international menus with a chef’s selection of Mediterranean menus
What We Like About Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa
- Easily and mid-point accessible from Entebbe International Airport and the central hub of Kampala — 35 and 20 kilometers away (22 and 12 miles), respectively.
- Amenities include a championship golf course, marina, swimming pool, fitness center, and on-site spa.
- Gardens and marina offer sightings of indigenous birdlife.
- Rooms provide stunning views over the lake.
- Restaurants serve tasty food and cater to special dietary requests.
Things To Note When Staying At Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa
- With 124 rooms, the hotel may not be suitable for tourists looking for an intimate vacation with personalized service.
- Can be busy and noisy with conference rooms and weddings.
- The resort is mid-range deluxe property. It is not a 5 star or ultra-luxury resort geared towards upscale guests. The focus is on touring visitors who want to golf with lakeside experiences or prefer a secluded hotel away from the bustles and traffic of Kampala.
- Service quality can vary during busy times (e.g. Christmas, New Year’s).
- Located outside the city on the northern edge of Lake Victoria; not ideal or convenient if you want to be immersed in Kampala’s city environs and easy access to various central attractions.
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Read More +
KAMPALA ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR LAKE VICTORIA SERENA GOLF RESORT & SPA IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAKE VICTORIA SERENA GOLF RESORT & SPA
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAKE VICTORIA SERENA GOLF RESORT & SPA REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +