GUIDE ON KAMPALA SERENA HOTEL IN UGANDA
Kampala Serena Hotel Overview & Where Is It Located?Featuring decor and ambiance inspired by the rivers and lakes of Uganda, and surrounded by Kampala city’s iconic seven hills, the Kampala Serena Hotel is the chain’s first premier hotel in the country. The epitome of luxury and sophistication, offering all the lavish indulgences a discerning leisure and business traveler might look for, the hotel features a welcoming reception area tastefully decorated with elegant local stonework details. Spend time in the hotel’s 17 acres of water gardens and its lush landscaping, including a terrace garden and pool patio with sculpted rock features. Enjoy expert massages at the Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa or a refreshing workout at the hotel’s fitness center. Go for lazy laps in the free-form swimming pool or relaxed naps in the lounge chairs beside it.
- Decor inspired by the rivers and lakes of Uganda
- Property located on 17 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, terraces, and rock pools
- Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa for getting expert massages and fitness center for exercising
- Swimming pool for napping in lounge chairs or taking lazy dips
- Distinction of being the Serena’s first luxury hotel in Uganda
What To Expect At Kampala Serena Hotel Accommodation?
- Premier Hotel Tier 1 Experience. Total of 186 air-conditioned rooms in categories
- Choice of Deluxe Rooms, Executive Rooms, Executive Suites, Business Suites, and Presidential Suites
- Socialize in the Bambara Lounge and Mist Bar for guests staying at the hotel
- Ensuite bathroom with bathrobes, slippers, shower, and a bathtub
- High-grade amenities typical of a luxury accommodation
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Kampala Serena Hotel In Kampala?
- Centrally located providing easy access to the various prime attractions of the city
- Viewing the architectural specimens that date back to different eras in the history of Uganda
- Glimpse of cultural diversity with visits to the Baha’i Temple, Shree Sanatan Dharma Mandal Hindu Temple, and Uganda National Mosque
- Experience water and land activities around Lake Victoria e.g. boating, horseback riding, fishing etc
- Visits the Serena’s sister hotel for a full day golfing activity
Another of Kampala’s most popular areas is Makindye Hill, located next to Lake Victoria, where visitors can enjoy stunning panoramic views across Murchison Bay. Kampala’s scenic location, nestled on the shores of this beautiful lake, allows safari tourists to enjoy a wealth of water-based vacation activities, from island hopping boat tours and sunset cruises, fishing to birdwatching and horseback riding on the banks of the world’s largest tropical lake - Victoria.
Kampala Serena Hotel’s guests can also enjoy strolling the hallowed grounds of Makerere University, exploring the old colonial buildings on the slopes of Nakasero Hill, in the Central Division, and immersing themselves in Kampala’s colonial past with visits to the Namirembe and Rubaga Cathedrals. Local families in Kampala do take their children for a day trip out to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center to get a peek into the rich diversity of Africa’s wildlife. Kampala city’s other fascinating attractions include; the Baha’i Temple, Shree Sanatan Dharma Mandal Hindu Temple, Port Bell Pier, Uganda Museum, the Serenada eco-tourism site, craft village stalls on Buganda Road, Uganda National Mosque and many more. AfricanMecca guests can also visit Serena’s sister hotel in the southern Kampala outskirts for a day of golfing on the shores of Lake Victoria.
How Is The Dining At Kampala Serena Hotel?
- Three restaurants, The Lakes, The Explorers Italian Bistro, and The Pearl
- The Pool and The Mist bar for ordering wines, spirits, and cocktails alongside Ssese Patisserie for desserts and hot drinks
- Room service provided on request all through the day and night
- Selection of different kinds of cuisines available at all meal times
- Indoor and alfresco terrace dining options available
What We Like About Kampala Serena Hotel
- Strategically located within Kampala city’s metropolitan seven hill region, making it easy to visit the varied attractions of the five districts.
- Wholesome urban relaxation: includes a free-form swimming pool, well-equipped fitness center, and the Maisha Mind Body and Spirit Spa.
- Well-trained staff offer excellent service.
- Breakfast spread is sumptuous and delectable. Restaurants serve scrumptious meals with a choice of varied cuisines. Offers rooftop dining options with views of the city all around.
- Lives up to Serena brand’s quality standards; reliable and consistent.
Things To Note When Staying At Kampala Serena Hotel
- Provides 186 rooms to touring guests; may not be appropriate for guests looking for a smaller, intimate boutique experience with the ultra-highest level of personalized service.
- Has conference rooms on site and may become noisy with lots of guests staying for events.
- Located 42 kilometers (26 miles) from Entebbe International Airport; may not be suitable for overnight guests looking for short travel distances from the airport.
- Prices on the higher side, as the hotel is geared to guests seeking an upmarket, luxurious urban hotel experience.
- Dining service levels can be variable during peak busy periods; and we recommend making reservations for the smaller restaurants at the hotel e.g. Explorers Italian Bistro and The Pearl Restaurant.
Kampala Serena Hotel Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Kampala Serena Hotel Is A Premier Tier 1 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Kampala Serena Hotel In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Read More +
KAMPALA TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR KAMPALA SERENA HOTEL IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Kampala Serena Hotel in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Kampala Serena Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KAMPALA SERENA HOTEL
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KAMPALA SERENA HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +