GUIDE ON LATITUDE 0 DEGREES IN UGANDA
Latitude 0 Degrees Overview & Where Is It Located?Your stay at the Latitude 0 Degrees is not just a stopover for corporate events or a safari vacation springboard to the different parks of Uganda. This luxury boutique hotel focuses on more than just outstanding hospitality and services; they offer the epitome of services and facilities to the discerning visitor catering to every need. Your chic experience in Kampala will be highlighted by a beautiful decor that is sophisticated and elegant complete with handcrafted art, paintings, and other curios made by local craftsmen. Large wooden doors reflecting the Swahili era and other pieces of furniture add to the pleasing ambiance. Add to that are the fabulous views of the city of Kampala thanks to the hotel’s location atop Makindye Hill, and you have the complete holiday characteristics that combine excellence and exemplary taste.
Avail of the many facilities such as a lovely lap swimming pool with loungers, a sauna and dedicated Spa for a range of expert massage and wellness treatments where only pure organic products are used. You must also visit the fitness center that has a wide range of equipment along with the personal trainers to direct your workouts. Guests at the hotel can also check out The Other Side, a private member’s lounge that is a haven for relaxation and entertainment options designed to make your trip in Kampala truly memorable.
- Beautiful property with lush gardens standing atop Makindye Hill in Kampala
- Decor featuring Swahili and authentic Ugandan art blended with modern-day sophistication and elegance
- Swimming pool with loungers for suntans and relaxing, and fitness center with personal trainers
- Spa for expert massages and wellness treatments using organic products
- The Other Side, club lounge for various entertainments and dining options
What To Expect At Latitude 0 Degrees Accommodation?
- Premier Hotel Tier 1 Experience. Total of 47 rooms and suites
- Airy, inviting decor with interiors lighted by lots of natural lighting
- Choice of rooms with a large double bed or twin single beds
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower area, bathtub, single vanity, and hairdryer
- Amenities typical of luxury accommodation such as minibar, tea and coffee making supplies, and a flat-screen TV, among others
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Latitude 0 Degrees In Kampala?
- City tours to see architectural wonders such as the Rubaga and Namirembe Cathedrals
- Shopping at the Craft Village on Buganda Road to purchase handcrafted souvenirs and mementos
- Cultural excursions to the Nakayima Tree where Ugandan women traditionally offered prayers
- Checking out mosques, temples, churches and a synagogue that stand for religious tolerance
- Experience water and land activities around Lake Victoria
Most of the prime tourist spots of Kampala are within a 10-kilometer radius, so you can take your time visiting exceptional architectural wonders such as the Rubaga and Namirembe Cathedrals. Spend time at the Craft Village at Buganda Road, where you can buy handmade souvenirs. Complete your tour with a day visit to the Nakayima Tree, where women offer prayers or the Kasubi Tombs that are famous as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Also, check out the Shree Sanatan Dharma Mandal (SSDM), Baha’i Temple, St. Mary’s Cathedral Rubaga, Namirembe Cathedral, Uganda National Mosque and the Kampala Jewish Synagogue, examples of religious tolerance in Uganda.
How Is The Dining At Latitude 0 Degrees?
- 2 restaurants that serve a selection of delicious meals accompanied by fine wines from South Africa and Europe
- Choice of delightful cuisines from all over the world along with excellent traditional Ugandan dishes
- Different dining venues and experiences such as indoors, by the pool, or on the terrace overlooking the city
- 3 bars including a rooftop bar that serve various alcoholic drinks and cocktails
- The Other Side Club lounge for socializing and relishing wines, spirits, and meals
What We Like About Latitude 0 Degrees
- Exceptional facilities including a lap swimming pool with loungers, well-equipped fitness center, and the Spa where guests can get expert massages and wellness treatments.
- Fascinating decor combining contemporary architectural styles and pieces of Ugandan art along with Swahili furniture and carvings.
- Mid-sized boutique hotel with a choice of 47 rooms and suites that vacationers can book.
- Fantastic location atop Makindye Hill offering panoramic views of the city of Kampala with Lake Victoria in the backdrop.
- Serves delicious meals out of its two restaurants and rooftop bar including a selection of Ugandan and global dishes, The Other Side also offers food and drinks.
Things To Note When Staying At Latitude 0 Degrees
- Has venues for organizing corporate meetings and other events which can make the hotel noisy and crowded when lots of attendees are staying over.
- Located at a distance of 42 km (26 mi) from the airport in the Makindye suburbs of the city of Kampala, may not be suitable for guests visiting for short one night stays.
- Premier luxury accommodation so prices may be on the higher side, vacationers looking for affordable stayovers may want to look at other options.
- Suitable for discerning visitors looking for the quiet, boutique experience with a limited number of rooms. Note the hotel also serves corporate clients, and offers in-house hotdesking, shared and private workspaces and meeting services at The Works.
- You must have reservations in place to stay or dine at Latitude 0 Degrees as it does get booked months in advance. The hotel has a strict policy to limit day visitors to dine at their restaurants without a reservation.
Latitude 0 Degrees Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Latitude 0 Degrees Is A Premier Tier 1 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Latitude 0 Degrees In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Read More +
KAMPALA ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR LATITUDE 0 DEGREES IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Latitude 0 Degrees in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Latitude 0 Degrees? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LATITUDE 0 DEGREES
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LATITUDE 0 DEGREES REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +