GUIDE ON PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA SKYZ BY MARRIOTT IN UGANDA
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott Overview & Where Is It Located?Standing atop Naguru Hill, one of the seven hills of Kampala city, Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott is a mid-range accommodation suitable for vacationers and corporate travelers that offers a selection of facilities and amenities. Contemporary, chic interiors adorned in soft, elegant tones and fabulous views over Kampala characterize the stayover that impresses with its multi-story structures. The free-form swimming pool is within the center of the property and has loungers around for sunbathing. Kids can play in the wading section under the strict supervision of their parents. Head over to the fitness center and use the equipment for working out or check out the sauna room for a refreshing session. CCTV cameras provide round-the-clock surveillance for complete security, and the beautiful gardens are a lovely haven for relaxation. Guests staying on the club floor level will have access to the Club Lounge and its respective amenities.
- Strategically standing atop Naguru Hill offering stunning views of the city of Kampala
- Modern architecture housed in multi-story structures with elegant interiors in soft beige and brown tones
- Free-form swimming pool with loungers for relaxing and sunbathing
- Fitness center for working out and sauna room for rejuvenation
- Club level guests have special access to amenities and facilities in the Club Lounge
What To Expect At Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott Accommodation?
- Deluxe City Tier 2 Experience. Total of 141 air-conditioned rooms
- Choice of categories such as Standard Guest Rooms, Larger Guest Rooms, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 Bedroom Executive Suites, and 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite
- 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite for families traveling with kids and larger groups of up to 5 guests
- Club Lounge access for guests staying in the suites
- Ensuite bathroom with a glass shower stall, single vanity, and slippers
The Standard Guest Rooms are suitable for up to 2 guests and have a queen-sized bed. Visitors desiring more spacious rooming options can choose the Larger Guest Room that also has a balcony and is spacious enough for a crib. The 1 Bedroom Suite also sleeps up to 3 guests while the 1 Bedroom Executive Suite features a living area along with a king-sized bed, a bathtub, and both permit a crib or a rollaway bed. The 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite is suitable for families and groups of up to 5 traveling companions, and allows an extra bed. This suite also has three bathrooms, a bathtub, an open plan living and dining room with a large sitting area balcony with superb sunset views of Kampala (best time to visit).
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott In Kampala?
- Visits to the Namirembe and Rubaga Cathedral to admire their fabulous architecture
- Religious tolerance showcased by the different houses of worship
- Playing golf at the many courses, the closest being Uganda Golf Club
- Land and water based excursions around Lake Victoria
- Cultural immersion with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kasubi Tombs where ancient Buganda Kings are interred
Avid golfers can visit the Uganda Golf Club to play a few rounds of the sport while on their African vacation. Of course, your trip around the city would be incomplete without a stop at Craft Village on Buganda Road for souvenir shopping, and also lakeside activities on the Victoria. Families with young children can opt to visit the Uganda Wildlife Conservation Education Center. This conservation area showcases the rehabilitation of orphan and compromised wildlife that you will likely visit on safaris to the different parks and reserves of the country.
How Is The Dining At Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott?
- Meals served in your room, 24-hour service
- Breakfast with options of Continental, take-away, off-the-menu, and buffet
- Chapter 2 Restaurant serves all meals, and club level guests have access to the Club Lounge dining
- Four bars on the rooftop for ordering drinks and enjoying the fabulous views
- Pool Terrace for alfresco dining options overlooking the pool
Pros & Cons At Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott In Kampala
What We Like About Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott
- Provides easy access to some of the attractions of Kampala city which are located within a short distance.
- Deluxe accommodation offering the ideal blend of good facilities and amenities at prices that are within mid-ranges.
- Welcomes kids and has provisions for organizing a crib or rollaway beds in some of the rooms, also has a wading pool and non-smoking policy, suitable for families and larger groups of like-minded travelers.
- Located atop the Naguru Hill offering fabulous views of the surrounding city from the distinctive Skyz Deck.
- Belonging to the Marriott group of international hotels, guests can expect consistent hospitality standards typical of the brand; however, there are shortcomings with the service levels, and sometimes expected from a mid-range Tier 2 accommodation.
Things To Note When Staying At Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott
- Offers a total of 141 rooms in 5 different specifications, may not be suitable for the discerning guest desiring serenity, smaller accommodation and one-on-one service for their stay in Kampala. The hotel is not a 5 Star property.
- Has facilities like a swimming pool, fitness center, and sauna room, but lacks a dedicated spa where guests on their safari holiday can get expert massages and other wellness treatments.
- Caters to both leisure-seeking and corporate travelers, unlike other establishments that caters primarily to the business traveler.
- Has conference halls and venues for organizing weddings, guests may find that the noise is disturbing at times, and also during some nights when there is late night music entertainment.
- The standard rooms have shared balconies, and this kind of access is unacceptable for some guests because of safety and privacy.
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Hotel Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Hotel Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Kampala based on Hotel Tier Rating
Read More +
KAMPALA ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Kampala? Read more on attractions, AfricanMecca city day tours and excursions
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA SKYZ BY MARRIOTT IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By Marriott? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA SKYZ BY MARRIOTT
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA SKYZ BY MARRIOTT REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +