GUIDE ON PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA BY MARRIOTT IN UGANDA
Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott Overview & Where Is It Located?With small landscaped gardens and a location in the affluent, tranquil Kampala neighborhood of Kololo, the Protea Hotel Kampala by Marriott is a value city holiday hotel. Housed within constricted structures, one four-story and the other two-story, the hotel offers sweeping views of the suburban region. With easy access to the Uganda Golf Course, just 500 meters away, it’s an ideal budget place to stay for safari vacationers or corporate travelers. The hotel features an air-conditioned gym outfitted with all the equipment you may need.
- Located within the affluent suburban area of Kololo in Kampala that is known for tranquility
- Comprises of compressed structures, one two-story and the other with four levels
- Easy access to the Uganda Golf Course which is sited just 500 meters away
- Air-conditioned gym equipped with machines for working out
- Property with lush, beautifully-landscaped gardens
What To Expect At Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott Accommodation?
- Value Hotel Tier 3 Experience. Total of 70 rooms including 11 suites
- Choice of rooms facing the city or the gardens
- Units available in configurations such as Standard Rooms, Smaller Suites, Junior Suites, and Executive Suites
- Provision for a crib or rollaway for kids traveling with parents
- Ensuite bathroom featuring hairdryer, shower stall and/or bathtub
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott In Kampala?
- Playing golf at the Uganda Golf Club
- Exploring the religious, cultural, modern-day, and historical facets of the town with city tours
- Water activities on Lake Victoria such as sunset and night cruises and fishing
- Checking out the many architectural specimens in the city that mark different eras
- Visits to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center and Serenada Eco-Tourism Site for an introduction to the wildlife treasures of the country
Kampala’s rich history is derived in part from the Buganda kings, who once ruled Uganda from their defence base in Kampala and were the first to welcome foreign explorers and colonists who arrived in the country. Travel to see a famous UNESCO World Heritage site, the Kasubi Tombs, which date back to 1881.
Remnants from the Christian missionary and foreign exploration period in Uganda can be seen with a trip to the Namirembe and Rubaga Cathedrals and other colonial buildings on Nakasero Hill. Uganda is a religiously sympathetic country, and your visits to the Baha’i Temple, Shree Sanatan Dharma Mandal Hindu Temple, various churches, Kampala Jewish Synagogue, and the Uganda National Mosque will affirm this fact. The art galleries and Craft Village on Buganda Road offer a fascinating peek into Uganda’s modern and traditional talent, while a visit to the Uganda National Museum will take you back to the country's past. Before you travel to one of the country’s many parks and reserves, some families with young children take time to familiarize themselves with Uganda’s diverse wildlife with a visit to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center and the Serenada Eco-Tourism Wilderness, which can be reached via a boat ride from the beach at Ggaba.
How Is The Dining At Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott?
- Chapter One Restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Serves a selection of traditional Ugandan and international cuisines
- You can also enjoy eating your meals alfresco in the gardens outside
- Alcoholic drinks and cocktails available at The Ladies Bar
- Choice of vegetarian dishes and provision for ordering meals that guests can eat in the privacy of their rooms
Pros & Cons At Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott In Kampala
What We Like About Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott
- Ideal suburban location far from the noise and bustle of the city, but still reasonably close to the center of Kampala.
- The in-house restaurant offers excellent food with enough variety for vegetarians; the hotel also includes an on-site fitness center.
- Staff are hospitable and do their best to provide an enjoyable stay for urban tourists visiting the city.
- The 24 hours - 7 days a week gym at the property is a bonus for those seeking to be active.
- Located only 500 meters from Kampala’s esteemed Uganda Golf Club so you can enjoy a round or two during your safari holiday.
Things To Note When Staying At Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott
- Rooms have varying views, with some facing the gardens and others the street; the choice of room will affect the noise level.
- The hotel does not have a swimming pool or spa. By size, it is a small hotel compared to international branded hotels in Kampala.
- Conference rooms host large gatherings and the hotel sometimes serves as a wedding venue, so noise increases during such events.
- There is only one restaurant and bar option at the hotel.
- Primarily booked by business travelers due to its location and value price. Complimentary wi-fi service needs improvement and can be slow at times.
Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott Is A Value Tier 3 Hotel Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Hotel Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Kampala based on Hotel Tier Rating
Read More +
KAMPALA ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Kampala? Read more on attractions, AfricanMecca city day tours and excursions
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA BY MARRIOTT IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Protea Hotel Kampala By Marriott? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA BY MARRIOTT
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PROTEA HOTEL KAMPALA BY MARRIOTT REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +