GUIDE ON HUMURA RESORTS IN UGANDA
Humura Resorts Overview & Where Is It Located?True to its name, which means “a state of calm and relaxation,” Humura Resort is a haven of peace and pleasing serenity in the midst of Kampala. Tucked away amidst tranquil gardens of lush foliage and flowers with beautiful bird calls, the resort seems like an island of quiet within the noise and bustle of the city. A value boutique vacation hotel for visitors touring Uganda, its two-story structures provide views of the residential neighborhood and the 18-hole Kampala Golf Club, just a five-minute walk away. Guests enjoy contemporary decor ornamented by ethnic curios, pictures, tapestries, and other Ugandan cultural artifacts. Relax beside the small rectangular swimming pool, or perhaps work off the delicious meals at the hotel’s small but well-equipped fitness center.
- Located in a tranquil section of the city on a property with lush tropical gardens
- Blend of contemporary architecture with traditional African cultural artifacts
- Swimming pool for relaxing beside or taking refreshing dips and fitness center with equipment for working out
- Collection of two-story structures with pathways leading through the lawns
- Overlooks the the 18-course Kampala Golf Club and its residential neighborhood
What To Expect At Humura Resorts Accommodation?
- Value Hotel Tier 3 Experience. Total of 18 air-conditioned rooms in three specifications i.e. Standard, Deluxe and Suite
- Floor to ceiling sliding doors that let in the views of the well-landscaped gardens
- Interconnecting rooms for families and larger groups of guests traveling together
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a shower stall, single vanity, and hairdryer
- Decor highlighted with stone and wood panel detailing
The rooms have a pleasing, warm ambiance with touches of woodwork. Floor-to-ceiling windows on the upper floor offer lovely views of suburban Kampala (best time to go), while slider windows allow fresh air and light to flow through. Make use of amenities such as an in-room electronic safe, writing desk, minibar, TV with satellite connection, floor lamps, and supplies for making tea and coffee. The beds are draped with mosquito netting to keep you protected while you sleep, while en suite bathrooms include a single basin, shower stall, and hairdryer.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Humura Resorts In Kampala?
- Located with easy proximity to the main attractions of Kampala providing for cultural glimpses
- Cruises and water activities in Murchison Bay, fishing in Lake Victoria
- Trip to Uganda Wildlife Education Center for an overview of the country’s wildlife treasures
- 35-minute boat ride to Serenda Eco-Tourism Wilderness for sightings of some of the avian life of the area
- Golfers can take on a full day game at the neighboring 18-hole Uganda Golf Club that offers par 72 stretching out over 7200 yards
If you enjoy water activities, head for the Makindye area, one of the five districts of Kampala. Aside from reveling in the marvelous views of Murchison Bay, you can go on boat explorations of vast Lake Victoria, enjoy a sunset cruise or fish for the Nile perch or even Tilapia to dine on. If you’re looking for land-based excursions, perhaps go birdwatching or horseback riding on the shore of the famous lake.
Many Kampala residents do take a family trip out to the Uganda Wildlife Education Center, a beautiful sanctuary, will provide a tantalizing introduction to the country’s conservation efforts of its incredible flora and fauna before you travel to one of the many parks and reserves of Uganda. Take a 35-minute boat ride to the Serenda Eco-Tourism Wilderness, where you can enjoy seeing more of the birdlife. Reptile lovers can stop by for a visit at the snake park, located on the Entebbe-Kampala highway. Golfers can visit the the golf course sited next to the hotel for a round of 18-hole game i.e. Uganda Golf Club.
How Is The Dining At Humura Resorts?
- Shima Restaurant with a seating capacity of 50 guests serves all meals
- A range of international and traditional Ugandan cuisines including meat and vegetarian preparations
- Indoor fine dining and alfresco poolside tables available
- Pool bar for ordering drinks and cocktails
- Light snacks and quick bites available at the bar
What We Like About Humura Resorts
- Strategically located in the heart of Kampala city, and with just 18 rooms offers a quiet, boutique hotel atmosphere with personalized service set in beautiful gardens.
- Provides easy access to the Kampala Golf Club, along with proximity to shopping malls, restaurants, cafes, and the commercial district, making it ideal for both leisure and business travelers looking for deluxe accommodations.
- Leisure facilities include an elongated swimming pool and a small fitness center.
- Offers delicious meals in the on-site restaurant, with the option to dine al fresco beside the pool.
- Pleasing decor is a refreshing blend of modern elements with ethnic touches of tapestries, curios, paintings, and sculptures.
Things To Note When Staying At Humura Resorts
- Rooms on the lower floor can be noisy because of the proximity to the swimming pool and restaurant.
- Does not include a spa or provide massage facilities.
- Humura facilitates smaller conferences and weddings, which could make the resort noisy during events.
- Services and amenities could be improved or consistency maintained to ensure everything is working before guest check-in and whilst at the hotel. (safe, hot water, turndown, etc.). Breakfast needs a greater selection.
- Some of the rooms are not soundproofed so sound may travel from adjoining rooms.
Humura Resorts Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Humura Resorts Is A Value Tier 3 Hotel Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Humura Resorts In Kampala, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KAMPALA CITY
Read More +
KAMPALA TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR HUMURA RESORTS IN KAMPALA UGANDA
When staying at Humura Resorts in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KAMPALA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Humura Resorts? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON HUMURA RESORTS
Latitude 0 DegreesKampala
Kampala Serena HotelKampala
Emin Pasha HotelKampala
Le Petit Village HotelKampala
Sheraton Kampala HotelKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala By MarriottKampala
Hilton Garden Inn KampalaKampala
Protea Hotel Kampala Skyz By MarriottKampala
Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & SpaKampala
HAVE YOU VISITED KAMPALA ON A TOUR VACATION IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE HUMURA RESORTS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +