GUIDE ON ISHASHA WILDERNESS CAMP IN UGANDA
Ishasha Wilderness Camp Overview & Where Is It Located?Tucked away in the southern Ishasha Sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park is the lovely Ishasha Wilderness Camp. This mid-range safari vacation accommodation stands hidden in lush foliage on the banks of the Ntungwe River. The central lounge has a thatched roof on a frame of wooden poles, with an open front overlooking the river. It is furnished with rough-hewn wooden furniture, with carved artifacts adorning the woven sisal walls. Throw cushions in brightly colored prints liven the decor, while wooden sideboards add a homey touch. From here, you can walk down a few steps to reach the deck beside the river. Enjoy some holiday relaxation time in easy chairs under the umbrellas, with a book from the lodge library, as you watch elephants and buffalos drinking or grazing on the opposite side.
- Unique location on the banks of the Ntungwe River within the Ishasha sector in Queen Elizabeth Park
- Open plan mess area with a thatched roof on a frame of wooden poles
- Deck on the river for enjoying the pleasant weather and viewing wildlife drinking at the river
- Library for borrowing books and reading in comfortable chairs
- Eco-friendly practices like rainwater harvesting and green toilets
What To Expect At Ishasha Wilderness Camp Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 10 tented rooms with a stone deck and wood interior floors
- Canvas walls and a thatched roof providing the authentic safari ambiance
- Choice of rooms with a large double bed or twin single beds covered with mosquito netting
- Ensuite bathroom with eco-flush toilets and bucket showers
- Additional amenities like a wooden chest, area rugs, and a writing desk
The patio outside is perfect for catching glimpses of the resident African wood owls and traversing wildlife. You can also enjoy a lazy siesta in a hammock strung between two trees on the edge of the river. Each of the tents has twin or double beds covered with mosquito netting. Other furniture includes a writing desk and wooden chests, with area rugs to lend warmth. The spacious ensuite bathrooms are at the adjoining side and include eco-friendly flush toilets and bucket showers.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Ishasha Wilderness Camp On Queen Elizabeth Safari?
- Game drives in the reserves to view some of the 90 species of mammals, both herbivores and carnivores. Ideal location to spot tree climbing lions of Ishasha
- Visiting the designated Important Birding Area (IBA) for sighting over 600 bird species thriving in the park
- Traveling to Kyambura Gorge to watch habituated chimpanzees and other primates
- Cruises on the Kazinga Channel to spot flora and fauna
- Interacting with the local communities and participating in their cultural activities
It may interest you to know that Queen Elizabeth National Park has been designated an Important Birding Area (IBA) and is proud to host more than 600 species of birds, with the Mweya Peninsula being one of the prime birdwatching locations in Uganda. You’ll also want to travel out to Kyambura Gorge, where you can spend time in the presence of habituated chimpanzees and other primates. Boat cruises on the Kazinga Channel and visits to the local communities are other memorable activities can be pre-booked via your AfricanMecca Safaris consultant.
How Is The Dining At Ishasha Wilderness Camp?
- In-house restaurant and bar located within the lounge area
- Selection of traditional Ugandan and international dishes
- Option of having meals indoors and outdoors on the deck beside the river
- Campfire lighted in the evenings for enjoying sundowner drinks
- Bush breakfasts organized for guests depending on weather conditions
What We Like About Ishasha Wilderness Camp
- Strategic location beside the Ntungwe River, surrounded by lush greenery with views of some of the wildlife coming to drink at the river.
- Has just 10 tented rooms for vacationers, allowing for a quiet, personalized safari experience in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Operates on eco-friendly principles, such as using sustainable materials for building the lounge and tents, eco-friendly toilets, and rainwater harvesting.
- Great location and views of the park and wildlife, authentic wilderness ambiance with sightings around the camp. Perfect location to spot the Ishasha tree-climbing lions.
- Drinks are included at the camp.
Things To Note When Staying At Ishasha Wilderness Camp
- Does not have a swimming pool, fitness center, or spa for the right reasons - an authentic safari camp.
- Has tents erected on the banks of the Ntungwe River in Queen Elizabeth National Park, accessible via dirt pathways; guests may need escorts to reach their tents at night.
- Offers a rustic ambiance that may not be suitable for high-end traveling guests looking for luxurious facilities and amenities.
- The ensuite bathroom offers the traditional bucket shower. You will need to advise the camp on your preferred shower times to preheat your water.
- Ideal location to connect to other safari areas i.e. Bwindi for gorilla trekking to day safari in Mweya for the Kazinga Channel boating.
Ishasha Wilderness Camp Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Ishasha Wilderness Camp Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Ishasha Wilderness Camp In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY QUEEN ELIZABETH
Read More +
QUEEN ELIZABETH SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ISHASHA WILDERNESS CAMP IN QUEEN ELIZABETH UGANDA
When staying at Ishasha Wilderness Camp in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Ishasha Wilderness Camp? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ISHASHA WILDERNESS CAMP
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ISHASHA WILDERNESS CAMP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +