GUIDE ON KYAMBURA GORGE LODGE IN UGANDA
Kyambura Gorge Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Kyambura Gorge Lodge is distinguished as one of Africa’s best resorts by Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards. This high-end accommodation in Uganda is located on the fringes of Queen Elizabeth National Park near Kyambura Gorge, and is perfect for discerning travelers seeking a wholesome safari experience that includes big cats, herbivores, birds and primates. The lodge was once an old coffee housestead, which has since been converted into a luxurious safari vacation accommodation in this part of western Uganda. Its beautiful lounge is adorned with handmade artifacts that remind guests of the spirit of Africa. The heart-shaped saltwater pool is lined with rocks and invites guests to take a dip, or simply lay back in one of the daybeds or hammocks for a lazy siesta. In between game drive safari excursions in Queen Elizabeth Park, you could stop by the spa for an expert massage.
- Winner of the Readers’ Choice Awards by Condé Nast Traveler
- Originally an old coffee houstead now converted into a high-end vacation lodge
- Heart-shaped saltwater pool lined with rocks, also has loungers and hammocks for relaxing
- Spa for getting expert massages when taking a break from excursions
- Lounge with a lovely decor featuring handmade artifacts
What To Expect At Kyambura Gorge Lodge Accommodation?
- Luxury Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 8 bandas including 4 deluxe bands offering beautiful savannah plains views of the park or gorge
- Choice of twin single beds or double bed covered with mosquito netting
- Bandas constructed with thatched roofs and adorned with natural rock detailing
- Ensuite bathroom with indoor and outdoor showers, twin vanities, slippers, and bathrobes
- Private butler assigned to each room to take care of guests
Constructed with rock detailing and thatched roofs, the rooms have a wooden floor with natural rugs and include a living area, fan, electronic safe, eco-friendly mosquito repellant, and an expansive deck furnished with hanging pods or swings to enjoy the spectacular vistas of Queen Elizabeth National Park. Traditional fabric designs and the cowhide decor soothes up the rustic ambiance with their calm colors. Ensuite bathrooms include indoor and outdoor showers, twin vanities, bathrobes, and slippers. You will also have a private butler to look after your needs.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Kyambura Gorge Lodge On Queen Elizabeth Safari?
- Touring the Omwani coffee farms to understand coffee processing techniques
- Primate tracking trips to see the fascinating chimpanzees and other species that thrive here
- Game drives to view the over 95 species of mammals and 600 varieties of avian life
- Exciting cruises on the Kazinga Channel to watch wildlife drinking on the river’s edge
- Tripping out to the Ishasha sector to watch the unusual spectacle of tree-climbing lions
Should you go on a cruise on the Kazinga Channel, you’ll have the opportunity to spot hippos among the papyrus reeds, elephants drinking on its bank, crocodiles basking on the sands, and aquatic birds fishing in the channel. While in Queen Elizabeth Park (best time to go), you must take the time to visit the Ishasha sector. This area is well known for a fascinating sight: tree-climbing lions that are often spotted perched on the branches of fig trees. Visiting the salt pans and crater lakes outside the park or a multi-day hiking trip extension to the Rwenzori Mountains are other memorable adventure holiday activities to do here whilst on your safari in Uganda with AfricanMecca.
How Is The Dining At Kyambura Gorge Lodge?
- Dining area located within the lounge area
- Indoor and outdoor dining options, the staff organizes meals on the deck on request
- Dinners served in the gardens lighted with lanterns for a romantic ambiance
- House alcoholic drinks, sodas, and soft drinks included in the room fare, premium drinks charged
- Exciting selection of cuisines, caters to individual tastes
What We Like About Kyambura Gorge Lodge
- Superb location on the edge of Kyambura Gorge near Queen Elizabeth Park with fabulous savannah and gorge views.
- Offers just 8 bandas including 4 deluxe bandas to allow for an intimate and luxury safari vacation experience with personalized service. Drinks are included.
- Facilities including a swimming pool and spa. One complimentary massage per stay.
- Staff offers warm, friendly service and is attentive to guest needs.
- Solar panels heat shower water and generate electricity for charging electronics.
Things To Note When Staying At Kyambura Gorge Lodge
- Rooms have variable views, with some overlooking the savannah plains or gorge. Located just outside Queen Elizabeth National Park; access to the lodge is via a dirt track.
- Does not have a fitness center though the intensity of the Kyambura wetland and gorge walks will keep you in shape.
- Rooms are not air-conditioned but have fans to keep traveling guests comfortable.
- Due to lack of competition for an alternate Tier 1 Premier safari accommodation, prices are on the higher side though worth the experience it offers.
- The lodge owners via Volcanoes Trust are pioneers in sustainable tourism and support many community initiatives such as the Kyambura Women’s Coffee Cooperative, tree planting at Mvule Trust, apiary support at Omumashaka Bee Keepers Co-Operative etc.
Kyambura Gorge Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Kyambura Gorge Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Kyambura Gorge Lodge In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY QUEEN ELIZABETH
Read More +
QUEEN ELIZABETH SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR KYAMBURA GORGE LODGE IN QUEEN ELIZABETH UGANDA
When staying at Kyambura Gorge Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Kyambura Gorge Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KYAMBURA GORGE LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KYAMBURA GORGE LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +