GUIDE ON KATARA LODGE IN UGANDA
Katara Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Katara Lodge is a modest bush holiday stayover located about 16 kilometers from the Katanguru Gate entrance to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Guests arriving at the lodge will be enchanted by its picturesque setting on the edge of the Uganda’s Great Rift Valley escarpment. Well-landscaped gardens surround the structures of the lodge, which include a sprawling lounge that overlooks the vast savannah plains, with Lake Edward and the Rwenzori Mountains in the distance.
Safari vacationers will be delighted to learn that the lodge is constructed with eco-friendly, sustainable materials and operates with careful respect for the environment of Queen Elizabeth Park. Rainwater is harvested for use, while solar panels generate power for electricity and heating water. The accommodation boasts a saltwater swimming pool, which is both therapeutic and reduces the need for harmful chemicals. Loungers and hammocks set up around the pool allow for relaxation in the peaceful ambiance of the lodge’s environs. A separate wading pool is perfect for kids to play under the watchful eye of their parent guardians.
- Sited at a distance of 16 kilometers from the Katanguru Gate leading to Queen Elizabeth Park
- Beautifully-landscaped property with lush gardens overlooking the savannah grasslands
- Constructed out of sustainable materials harvested from the park environs
- Solar panels for generating power for lighting and heating water
- Saltwater swimming pool without harmful chemicals, loungers and hammocks set up around the pool
What To Expect At Katara Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 8 bandas constructed out of canvas and mesh
- Large double bed with mosquito netting, a closet for unpacking, and seating arrangement
- Four-poster star bed for wheeling out onto the terrace and sleeping under the stars
- Ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, rain-shower area, low-flush toilet, and twin vanities
- Family cottage with 2 bedrooms for larger groups of guests
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Katara Lodge On Queen Elizabeth Safari?
- Traveling to the Kyambura Lodge to spend time with the fascinating chimpanzee families
- Boat cruises on Kazinga Channel to view aquatic bird species, elephants on the banks drinking, and resident hippos grunting and crocodiles basking
- Scenic tours atop the Mweya Peninsula
- Day tripping out to the Ishasha Sector to see the unique tree-climbing lions
- Excursions to the salt pans for an understanding of salt mining techniques
The wildlife during your game drive safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park is legendary, and it’s well known for being home to 95 species of animals and over 600 species of avian life. Four of Africa’s Big Five can be seen here, with only the rhino being absent. Perhaps one of the most incredible sights is the tree-climbing lions of Ishasha. Take a full day safari trip out to the area for stunning views of lions perched on the branches of fig trees, enjoying the reprieve of some cool shade amid hot afternoon sun. Nature walks, visits to the local communities, or an excursion to the salt pans for insight into salt mining are other interesting things to do here during your safari in Uganda.
How Is The Dining At Katara Lodge?
- Dining area and bar located within the lounge area
- Indoor and outdoor dining options, meals served on the terrace on request
- Boma fire lit in the evenings for enjoying sundowners and fabulous sunsets
- Serves delicious meals including a selection of barbecued and grilled dishes
- Serves mostly a la carte meals
What We Like About Katara Lodge
- Picturesque location on the edge of Albertine’s Great Rift Valley escarpment with stunning views of Queen Elizabeth National Park’s savannah grasslands.
- Operates on eco-friendly principles, using solar panels for electricity and to heat shower water, low-flush toilets, power-saving light fixtures, and rainwater harvesting.
- Rim-flow saltwater pool for therapeutic dips.
- Offers just 8 cottages, providing guests with an attentive and personalized service.
- Family-friendly banda and wading pool are ideal for vacationers with kids.
Things To Note When Staying At Katara Lodge
- Located outside the boundaries of the Queen Elizabeth Park; guests must travel longer distances to access Mweya and Ishasha’s prime attractions i.e. Kazinga Channel and tree-climbing lions.
- Does not have a bush fitness center or safari spa.
- Bandas are scattered on the slope and accessible by steps, making them unsuitable for guests with mobility issues. Pathways to the bandas are not lit at night; guests must use torches to guide them to the rooms.
- Discerning guests looking for luxurious facilities and amenities may find the lodge lacking. Katara is a modest value accommodation with higher prices due to hosting only 8 rooms.
- Drinks and laundry are extra. Being a Tier 3 accommodation, Katara does not include drinks and laundry in its rooming costs.
Katara Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Katara Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Katara Lodge In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY QUEEN ELIZABETH
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR KATARA LODGE IN QUEEN ELIZABETH UGANDA
When staying at Katara Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Katara Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KATARA LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KATARA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +