GUIDE ON MWEYA SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Mweya Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Taking its name from the Mweya Peninsula, where it’s located, the economy Mweya Safari Lodge is a sprawling safari vacation accommodation located in the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park. The lodge decor charmingly combines the old, colonial world with the essence of Uganda. Thatched roofs and hand-crafted curios adorn the lounge, while deep, comfortable sofas offer guests pleasant spots to relax and catch up with world events on the television. The decks surrounding the free-form, rim-flow swimming pool overlook the Kazinga Channel and have loungers set up for sunbathing. Guests are also invited to stop by at the spa for a soothing massage, or perhaps the fitness center to keep up with the fitness routine while on their wilderness safari holiday.
- Sited atop the Mweya Peninsula with superb views of the northern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Free-flow, rim-flow swimming pool overlooking the Kazinga Channel with loungers for sunbathing
- Spa for getting soothing massages and fitness center for working out. Lounge with a thatched roof, handmade artifacts, and TV for catching up with world events
- A large budget accommodation in the prime area of the park
- Riverside deck for enjoying the lovely weather and watching animals come to drink on the distant banks of the channel
What To Expect At Mweya Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 54 rooms, suites, and tented units
- 32 Standard Rooms, 12 air-conditioned Deluxe Rooms, 2 Lodge Suites, 1 Queens Cottage, and 1 Presidential Cottage, 2 Family Cottages, 2 Luxury Tents and 2 Standard Tents for traditional safari camping experience
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower area or bathtub, hairdryer, and single vanity
- The 32 Standard Rooms are very basic and small - more like a motel room
- The Rwenzori Cottage and The Royal Cottage suitable for families and larger groups of guests
The beds come with mosquito netting for protection from bugs; other room amenities include indoor and outdoor seating areas, a closet, a dresser, and a ceiling fan. Ensuite bathrooms feature a bathtub or shower area, hairdryer, luggage racks, and single vanity.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Mweya Safari Lodge On Queen Elizabeth Safari?
- Boat rides on the Kazinga Channel to view aquatic birds and various animals drinking at the edges
- Game drives in the Kasenyi savannah to see some of the 95 varieties of mammals and 600 species of avian life
- Viewing the incredible phenomenon of tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector on a full day trip
- Touring the gorgeous crater lakes, reminders of volcanic activity in the region
- Traveling to the Kyambura Gorge to see habituated chimpanzees
Safari travel out to Kyambura Gorge and revel in the opportunity to spend time with the family of habituated chimpanzees that live here. You might even be able to see more of the 10 species that thrive in this area. Your consultant at AfricanMecca Safaris will no doubt mention the must-see phenomenon of the Ishasha sector: the tree-climbing lions that are often seen sprawled on the branches of fig trees. Queen Elizabeth National Park (best time to visit) is a part of the Albertine Rift Valley and has seen volcanic activity in the past. Today, you can visit the incredibly beautiful crater lakes that stand testimony to those tumultuous times. On a clear day in the distance, you will be able to see the Rwenzori Mountains - also known as the Mountains of the Moon.
How Is The Dining At Mweya Safari Lodge?
- Lounge and pool bar for ordering drinks and cocktails
- Selection of traditional Ugandan and international cuisines including vegetarian options
- Indoor and alfresco dining options, the staff organizes tables on the terrace deck
- Option of ordering meals a la carte if you have booked the suite or cottage with an in-room dining option. Otherwise, all meals are served in buffet style
- There is an option of a bush breakfast served in the wilderness after the morning game drive
Pros & Cons At Mweya Safari Lodge In Queen Elizabeth
What We Like About Mweya Safari Lodge
- Location atop the Mweya Peninsula, overlooking the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Offers a swimming pool, fitness center, and spa – including steam and sauna room – ideal for touring guests needing these amenities.
- Wide range of 54 rooming options to meet the budget and needs of every guest.
- Can accommodate larger groups in family cottages.
- Easy access to boat excursion and game driving safari.
Things To Note When Staying At Mweya Safari Lodge
- With 54 rooms and a conference center, the lodge can be noisy during events with large numbers of conference travelers.
- Service levels are variable and so is the quality of the cuisine served - expected from a Tier 3 value lodge. Fulfilling dietary requirements can be a challenge due to a capacity of over 100 guests.
- Geared towards a mass tourism experience. Does not offer any child-specific activities.
- Amenities are more reminiscent of a hotel than an authentic safari lodge in Queen Elizabeth National Park. Not all rooms are air-conditioned and most of the rooms are in need of an upgrade.
- The lodge is not suitable for discerning travelers desiring tranquility, deluxe or luxury ambiance, and discreet customized services.
Mweya Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Mweya Safari Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Mweya Safari Lodge In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY QUEEN ELIZABETH
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Queen Elizabeth based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
QUEEN ELIZABETH SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Queen Elizabeth? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR MWEYA SAFARI LODGE IN QUEEN ELIZABETH UGANDA
When staying at Mweya Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Mweya Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MWEYA SAFARI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MWEYA SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +