GUIDE ON ELEPHANT PLAINS LODGE IN UGANDA
Elephant Plains Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?If you are looking for affordable safari vacation accommodation for your stay in the iconic Queen Elizabeth National Park, the Elephant Plains Lodge is just what you need. The lodge sits on an achingly beautiful span of wilderness covering an area of 80 acres in the northeastern section on the outside border of the reserve. Thanks to its height at 941 meters above sea level, you will be treated to sweeping views of the gorgeous landscape with lush, tropical greenery, and the scenic Lake Kikorongo shimmering in the sunshine. This marvelous biome is carefully protected with eco-friendly practices like solar panels for generating power and naturally-occurring materials sustainably harvested to construct the lodge.
Accessing the park for your game drives is very convenient because of the driving distance of just 10 minutes from the park gate. The lodge also has a lounge with expansive glass windows for enjoying the views in addition to comfortable wicker seating arrangements where you can interact with fellow tourists visiting Queen Elizabeth Park. You could also step over to the pool and relax in the loungers in between cooling dips and perhaps, chance to spot a herd of elephants or buffaloes visiting the lake to drink.
- Located within an 80-acre property in the northeastern outskirt borders of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Standing at an altitude height of 941 meters above sea level offering sweeping views of the landscape
- Overlooking the scenic Lake Kikorongo. 10 minutes drive to the park
- Eco-friendly lodge with solar panels for generating power and built using sustainable materials
- Has a swimming pool for taking dips or relaxing in the loungers
What To Expect At Elephant Plains Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 6 rooms and suites
- Choice of rooms with a double bed or twin singles covered with mosquito netting
- Family Cottage with two bedrooms for families and larger groups of traveling friends with up to 5 members
- Ensuite bathroom with twin vanities, bathtub, and plenty of hot water
- Additional amenities like indoor and outdoor patio seating arrangement available
Every one of the rooms has mosquito netting draped from a framework on the ceiling and a small seating arrangement. Look forward to large windows that let in the warm sunshine with a patio outside, which is perfect for spending safari holiday time reveling in the scenic landscape of the park. The ensuite bathroom includes twin vanities and a bathtub with plenty of hot water.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Elephant Plains Lodge On Queen Elizabeth Safari?
- Morning and afternoon game drives to the Kasenyi plains with an expert guide on board to view wildlife in their natural habitat
- Visits to the Mweya Peninsula to view the incredible variety of birdlife
- Primate tracking at the Kyambura Gorge to understand conservation efforts for chimpanzees
- A full day tour of the Ishasha Sector to see the unique tree-climbing lions
- Taking pictures at the landmark that stands on 0-degree latitude
Queen Elizabeth Park is also characterized by the extinct calderas left behind by past volcanic activity. Drive to the crater lakes teeming with flamingos and other birds or track down chimps on your trek in the Kyambura Gorge. Your safari tour of Queen Elizabeth Park would not be complete without seeing the incredible sight of the tree-climbing lions of the Ishasha Sector or a photography session at 0 degrees latitude, a moment of a lifetime.
How Is The Dining At Elephant Plains Lodge?
- Dining area located within the main resort building
- Serves a selection of international cuisines flavored with local spices
- Bar in the lounge area serves house wines, gins, and other alcoholic drinks
- Both indoor and outdoor patio dining options available with sightings of wildlife
- Bush dinners organized so guests can experience authentic African safari dining
What We Like About Elephant Plains Lodge
- Strategically sited to provide easy access to the Queen Elizabeth National Park gate which is just a 10 minutes’ drive away.
- Eco-friendly establishment using solar panels for generating power for lighting and naturally-occurring materials for building the structures.
- Provides sightings of wildlife like elephants frequenting Lake Kikorongo to drink.
- Has just 8 cottages for the tranquil vacation experience with a low number of guests and warm, one-on-one service.
- Suitable for families and larger groups of traveling companions, has 2 family cottages that can sleep up to 5 guests.
Things To Note When Staying At Elephant Plains Lodge
- Has a swimming pool, but does not offer a spa for massages or fitness center for working out; though, vacationers desiring the authentic safari experience may find these facilities out of place.
- Limited number of rooms resulting in the resort getting booked early in the prime tourist season In Queen Elizabeth Park, guests wishing to stay here should indicate their preference 12 to 18 months in advance.
- Elephant Plains Lodge is located outside the park boundary.
- Provides family cottages and welcomes kids, but does not have any child-centric activities.
- Prices are on the higher side for a Value - Safari Tier 3 accommodation.
Elephant Plains Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Elephant Plains Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Elephant Plains Lodge In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY QUEEN ELIZABETH
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ELEPHANT PLAINS LODGE IN QUEEN ELIZABETH UGANDA
When staying at Elephant Plains Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Elephant Plains Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ELEPHANT PLAINS LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ELEPHANT PLAINS LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +