WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK
5 Best Places & Where To Stay At Various Queen Elizabeth Accommodations?AfricanMecca Safaris recommends the below safari lodges and camps in Queen Elizabeth National Park based on your travel budget and Safari Tier preference.
1. Kyambura Gorge Lodge - Tier 1 Premier ExperienceStanding on the edge of the Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park is Kyambura Gorge Lodge. This luxury safari vacation accommodation is designed to please discerning guests and offers a delightful decor that blends nature with a contemporary ambiance. The lodge has just 8 bandas including 4 deluxe bandas, with some overlooking the gorge or offering views of the savannah plains. One of the bandas is a family suite, two have double beds, and the remaining five have two single beds. Room features include a fan, digital safe, sitting area, and outdoor deck with swings or hanging pods. Ensuite bathrooms feature indoor and outdoor showers and twin vanities.
2. Ishasha Wilderness Camp - Tier 2 Deluxe ExperienceChoose to stay at the Ishasha Wilderness Camp in Queen Elizabeth National Park for an immersive safari experience, with wildlife viewing experiences right around the camp. Spend time in the open-fronted lounge or out on the deck beside the river. The lodge offers tour vacationers just 10 rooms made of canvas stretched on a framework of wooden poles. Each tent is erected on a concrete platform with an interior boarded floor under a woven grass roof sheltered under canvas. You can choose from rooms with twin singles or one double bed, with mosquito netting. Ensuite bathrooms are at edjoining side and feature bucket showers and eco-friendly toilets.
3. Katara Lodge - Tier 3 Value ExperienceKatara Lodge is a modest, good quality accommodation for safari vacationers looking to visit the Queen Elizabeth National Park. An eco-friendly establishment, the lodge is located about 16 kilometers from Katanguru Gate. Guests can choose from one of the 8 thatched-roof bandas offered by the lodge, one of which is a family room suitable for up to two adults and two kids. Each room is furnished with a large double bed with mosquito netting, as well as a rollaway bed that can be moved to the balcony for sleeping under the stars. The ensuite bathroom comes with a bathtub, shower area, twin vanities, and low-flush toilet.
4. Mweya Safari Lodge - Tier 3 Value ExperienceLying on Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park is Mweya Safari Lodge. With an ambiance that brings the colonial era to mind, the lodge offers a collection of 54 rooms to suit the preferences and budget of every vacationer. Guests can choose from 32 Standard Rooms, 12 air-conditioned Deluxe Rooms, 2 Lodge Suites, 1 Queens Cottage, and 1 Presidential Cottage, 2 Family Cottages, 2 Luxury Tents and 2 Standard Tents. Larger groups of travelers or families with kids can book the Cottages, while guests looking for a canvas safari camping experience can opt for the Standard or Deluxe Safari Tents.
5. Elephant Plains Lodge - Tier 3 Value ExperienceElephant Plains Lodge is an affordable stayover located in the Queen Elizabeth National Park. Overlooking Lake Kikorongo, this safari vacation accommodation offers a total of 8 cottages in specifications of a large double bed or twin single beds. Mosquito netting covers the beds, and a small seating arrangement is also placed in the room. Families and larger groups can opt for the 2 Family Cottages that have two bedrooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. These units can sleep up to 5 traveling companions. The ensuite bathroom features twin vanities and a bathtub. You will also have a patio outside.
Queen Elizabeth Park Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Queen Elizabeth In Uganda
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA
When visiting Queen Elizabeth for your wildlife safari, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Read More +
QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK GUIDE
Queen Elizabeth Park is a quintessential wilderness reserve since it has the distinction of boasting an incredible diversity of natural treasures. It abounds with 95 mammals and over 600 bird species.
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN QUEEN ELIZABETH
Experience safari game drives in the vast savannah of the Kasenyi plains and Ishasha sector to trekking wild chimpanzee on foot in Kyambura Gorge. Birders can go on a boat excursions on Kazinga Channel.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT QUEEN ELIZABETH
Like most locations in Africa, Queen Elizabeth National Park has two wet rainy seasons and two dry seasons. June, July and August is the best time to visit Queen Elizabeth National Park in western Uganda.
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Queen Elizabeth ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE QUEEN ELIZABETH REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +