GUIDE ON KYANINGA LODGE IN UGANDA
Kyaninga Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?The Kyaninga Lodge offers you the ultimate in the African safari experiences: a log cabin on the crater rim with spectacular views and excellent hospitality. A luxury safari vacation accommodation in Kibale National Park, the lodge has a treelodge chalet feel and is set within well-designed gardens atop a rocky crest overlooking a rare magnificent crater lake and the distant Rwenzori Mountains. This stayover has a series of structures built with eucalyptus logs with a four-sided, pyramid-like thatched roof. The two-tier lounge is on the highest point and is the perfect place to relax around the stone fireplace and enjoy the breezes floating in through the curtained windows.
Spend time on your tour on the deck outside or walk down to the swimming pool for a lazy dip and a peaceful siesta in the warm sunshine of Kibale and Fort Portal region. Or perhaps play a game of lawn tennis on the court outside. It will delight you to know that the lodge has solar panels for generating power and several programs designed for the upliftment of the surrounding community.
- Fabulous location on an incline overlooking its namesake crater lake of Uganda
- Log cabin appeal built out of eucalyptus logs in a pyramid shape with a thatched roof
- Stone fireplace where a fire is lit to keep the interiors cozy
- Swimming pool for taking lazy dips or siestas in the warm sunshine, lawn tennis court for playing a friendly game
- Eco-friendly accommodation with solar panels and community service programs
What To Expect At Kyaninga Lodge Accommodation?
- Luxury Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 9 log cabins having a tranquil ambiance
- Cabins erected on stilts and accessed by walking over raised stone walkways
- Rooms with wooden flooring, high thatched roofs and balcony
- Choice of twin single beds or a large double bed with mosquito netting for bug protection
- Ensuite bathroom with a claw-footed bathtub, shower stall, bathrobes, and twin vanities
Both indoor and outdoor patio seating arrangements form lovely spots for relaxing in the serenity. Listen to the calls of some of the 375 birds of Kibale wilderness against the picturesque backdrop of the Rwenzori Mountains. The ensuite bathrooms include bathrobes, a shower stall, a claw-footed bathtub, and twin stone basins positioned on wooden countertops. Solar panels help heat the hot water for showers, and you can also charge electronics in your room using the electrical outlets. In-room massages can be arranged upon request.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Kyaninga Lodge On Kibale Safari?
- Exploring the lake and sighting some of the wildlife of Kibale including 375 bird species
- Swimming and canoeing in the crater lakes
- Safari trips around the park to see some of the 13 species of primates such as Eastern chimpanzee, L’Hoest monkey, spectacled demidoff, Thomas’ galagos and many more
- Bird watching expeditions to the Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary and Kanyanchu
- Nature walks to spot some of the 250 species of butterflies and 70 different reptiles and amphibians that abound
Go on a birdwatching trip to Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary and the Kanyanchu locales for sightings of some rare birds. Should you sign up for nature walks, you may have the opportunity to view some of the 250 species of butterflies and 70 varieties of amphibians and reptiles. Also, look out for the 70 different types of mammals that live in Kibale.
How Is The Dining At Kyaninga Lodge?
- Lodge serves three-course meals in the dining area
- All meals prepared using fresh, organic ingredients sourced from the kitchen gardens
- Indoor and alfresco poolside dining options available
- Bar in the lounge for taking orders for cocktails and other alcoholic drinks
- Terrace for enjoying drinks with sundowner drinks in hand
What We Like About Kyaninga Lodge
- Located on a scenic rim overlooking its namesake crater lake and the faraway distant Rwenzori Mountains.
- Free-form swimming pool with loungers perfect for tranquil holiday siestas in the sun.
- Solar panels generate power for heating shower water and charging electronics.
- With just 9 rooms, lodge is ideal for discerning guests looking for quiet, personalized service.
- The best luxury lodge in the Kibale region for your chimpanzee safari in Uganda.
Things To Note When Staying At Kyaninga Lodge
- Around 60 - 90 minutes drive from the starting point of chimpanzee tours in Kibale National Park. Fort Portal is the nearest town, reached by a drive of over 10 kilometers.
- The lodge owners supports distinct sustainable programs e.g. Kyaninga Child Development Centre, Kyaninga Forest Foundation, Kyaninga Dairy, and empowering local employment.
- Rooms are on the inclines and accessible only by stairs; not suitable for physically challenged guests.
- No fitness center or dedicated spa, but provides in-room massage services and a lawn tennis court.
- Due to lack of competition, the prices are on the higher side as there is no alternative lodge offering a similar kind of service and experience.
Kyaninga Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Kyaninga Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Kyaninga Lodge In Kibale, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KIBALE
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN KIBALE PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR KYANINGA LODGE IN KIBALE UGANDA
When staying at Kyaninga Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls for your wildlife safari, and alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO KIBALE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Kyaninga Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KYANINGA LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON KIBALE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED KIBALE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KYANINGA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +