GUIDE ON PRIMATE LODGE IN UGANDA
Primate Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?If you choose to stay at Primate Lodge for your AfricanMecca trip to Kibale National Park, you’ll feel as though you’re staying in a quaint forest accommodation which is what it is. Cradled amid the lush greenery of the rainforest, this economy lodge has a lounge, dining area, and bar located in open-sided structures and arranged in a semi-circle around a central courtyard. A thatched roof provides shelter from the sun, while the mud walls are painted a lovely shade of ocher to create a comfortable yet rustic setting for the rough-hewn sofas and chairs.
Well-landscaped gardens add to the cozy ambiance, and the boma section is the perfect place to enjoy an African safari holiday evening beside the campfire, with sundowner drinks in hand while you enjoy the bird songs of Kibale Park. In an attempt to lower their carbon footprint, the lodge uses solar panels to generate power for lighting.
- Hidden away in the rich greenery of the rainforests of Kibale
- Quaint ambiance giving guests the experience of living in an equatorial forest
- Lounge, dining area, and bar housed in structures arranged in a semi-circle around a central courtyard
- Eco-friendly accommodation with solar panels for generating power for lighting
- Frequent sightings of some of the native birds of the reserve
What To Expect At Primate Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 19 rooms in different specifications
- Choice of 9 Luxury Cottages, 7 Forest Cottages, Elephant Banda, Family Cottage and Sky Tree House
- Units furnished with a large double bed or twin singles covered with mosquito netting
- Three-bedroom Elephant Banda suitable for families and groups of up to 3 guests
- Camping site for guests wishing to bring their supplies and pitch tents
Groups of three guests traveling together or budget guests on their honeymoon in Uganda can opt for the two-story Elephant Banda. The lower story has an optional single bed and ensuite bathroom, while the upper level offers a large king-sized bed and extended viewing deck. Those with a keen sense of adventure might choose to spend their African safari vacation in the two-bed Sky Tree House, which sits atop a huge tree some 10 meters off the ground and is accessible via a long flight of stairs. The treehouse is located in a private location 500 meters away. There are also two family cottages that adjoin with an interconnecting door i.e. L’Hoest Cottage and Colobus Cottage. The lodge also has a camping site that allows backpacker guests to bring their own supplies and set up tents. Bathroom facilities for campers in Kibale Park are provided at the main lounge area.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Primate Lodge On Kibale Safari?
- Safari tours to spot chimpanzees that number close to 1,500
- Visiting habituated chimpanzee families to observe their behavior from a safe distance
- Viewing varieties of amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and butterflies along with an abundant avian life
- Trips to crater lakes to admire their incredible natural beauty and wildlife thriving around
- Cultural interactions with the local tribes in their authentic villages and participating in their activities
While watching endangered chimpanzees in their natural habitat is a humbling feeling, you also have the rare opportunity to participate in the Chimpanzee Habituation Experience. Also called the CHEX, this initiative is created in collaboration with the Uganda Wildlife Authority and Jane Goodall Institute. Now open to visitors, the project allows you to spend the entire day with expert scientists as they study the behavior of these unusual primates and try to learn more about them. Our guests often speak about how they are overwhelmed with wonder at these human DNA linked creatures, an experience which sets aside many misconceptions about them.
As you go on a walking tour of the Kibale forests, you will view the incredible variety of birds, butterflies, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians that call it home. Interestingly, Kibale Forest Reserve also permits night bush walks to look for nocturnal creatures like bush babies, pottos, and various others emerging to forage for food. Birding enthusiasts must sign up for the fantastic birdwatching excursions for an introduction to some of the 325 avian species that thrive in the park, including six varieties that are native to the Albertine Rift Valley region. The Magombe Swamp area of Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary is another scenic location in Kibale Forest Reserve known for its 137 species of birds. With the assistance of the tour consultant at AfricanMecca Safaris, you can organize a trip to this spectacular wonderland. The northern Sebitoli Forest treats you to more sightings of gorgeous birds and primates within the setting of a lush, green evergreen forest, so do add an excursion to your itinerary.
The rural fringes of reserve has scenic crater lakes that will mesmerize you with their beauty. Cradled within small hills, the lakes support an array of wildlife and are absolutely stunning. Vacationers can also spend time interacting with the local Batoro and Bakiga tribes in their villages situated in the region. Hiking trips on the slopes of the Rwenzori Mountains and exploring the tea estates close by are other must-do activities. Indulge in leisurely hours watching workers tending the gardens and picking tender green leaves for making fragrant tea. Before you leave, make sure to taste black tea after participating in the processing and making of this refreshing beverage.
How Is The Dining At Primate Lodge?
- All meals served in the dining area overlooking the courtyard
- Wholesome three-course meals cooked by the in-house chef
- Sundowner drinks and cocktails served at the bar
- Indoor and alfresco dining options available, meals can be organized on the outside stone deck
- Possibility of sighting small animals and birds as you dine
Both indoor and outdoor dining options are available at Primate Lodge, and the stone-lined deck in the courtyard is just right for watching the monkeys in the trees as you enjoy your meal. More on (best time to go to Kibale Park). You must also check out the bar next door to the restaurant. A variety of drinks are available along with hot beverages like coffee and tea, freshly produced at the tea plantations in the locale. Each sip you take is enhanced by the ambiance of the tranquil forest around you.
What We Like About Primate Lodge
- Perfect location - It is the only lodge located inside Kibale National Park for your chimpanzee safari trek in Uganda.
- Possible sightings of primates, mammals, and birds around the lodge help make your safari vacation an immersive wildlife experience.
- Solar panels generate power to lower the impact on the environment.
- A wide selection of rooming options for every economy-seeking guest.
- Offers a treehouse living experience.
Things To Note When Staying At Primate Lodge
- Not a luxury or high-quality deluxe lodge. No-frills ambiance, and not suitable for discerning tourists looking for luxurious to mid-range amenities and facilities.
- Variability in service levels and quality of facilities. Some areas of the lodge require consistent upkeep to maintain the necessary standards.
- The quality of food is average. Drinks and laundry services are extra costs.
- Ideal for moderate mobility-challenged guests visiting Kibale National Park.
- Mid-sized lodge with a backpackers camping ground, and can become crowded and noisy when close to capacity.
Primate Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Primate Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Primate Lodge In Kibale, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KIBALE
Read More +
KIBALE SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR PRIMATE LODGE IN KIBALE UGANDA
When staying at Primate Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls for your wildlife safari, and alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO KIBALE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Primate Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PRIMATE LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON KIBALE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED KIBALE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PRIMATE LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +