GUIDE ON NDALI LODGE IN UGANDA
Ndali Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Ndali Lodge is located on a sprawling tea plantation around 14 kilometers (9 miles) from Kibale National Park and has an air of history about it, dating back to the 1920s. Currently owned and operated by Aubrey Price, scion of the Price dynasty, and his wife Clare, this deluxe safari holiday accommodation is perched on the edge of a scenic Nyinambuga Crater Lake and has a charming ambiance of the colonial era peppered with elements of Uganda.
Spend your safari vacation afternoons and evenings in the cozy lounge, tucked under a thatched roof with a bar and fireplace on one end. Old-world dressers, wickerwork furniture, and a large mirror above the fireplace add to the quaint country home allure. Choose a book from the library and take it out to the sun deck or lawn, where you can read it under the shade of a daybed, or perhaps swim a short lazy lap in the pool to cool-off while enjoying the stunning views of the forest communities. There is also a small sauna on site. The lodge is lit with candlelight in the evenings, adding a touch of romance to the surroundings.
- Located within a sprawling tea plantation dating back to the 1920s
- Perched on the rim of Nyinambuga Crater Lake offering fabulous views of the surrounding wilderness
- Decor with elements of the colonial era artistically blended with the spirit of Uganda
- Cozy country home lounge with quaint furniture, thatched roof, and fireplace
- Swimming pool for taking a short cool-off laps and library for reading books
What To Expect At Ndali Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 8 cottages, each with a country home ambiance
- Wooden four-poster beds covered with mosquito netting and floral-printed curtains on the windows
- Spacious enough to sleep a couple with up to 3 kids. The honeymoon room offer a larger bed
- Private patio for sitting and enjoying the lovely weather and fabulous vistas of Ndali estate to the west and the lake to the east (main lodge areas)
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a pedestal vanity and a soak-in colonial style bathtub with a shower
The rooms are spacious enough to accommodate touring families with up to three kids. The ensuite bathroom includes a bathtub with shower and a pedestal vanity. Walk out to the porch and relax in the seating area while reveling in the superb western views of the namesake estate and Rwenzori Mountains on a clear cloudless day. Massage services are available in the privacy and convenience of your room. There is also the honeymoon room with a larger bed size - around six foot. None of the rooms have charging sockets except USB ports, and batteries and phones can be charged in the main area of the lodge. Rooms are lit by solar battery operated lights and also candles at night.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Ndali Lodge On Kibale Safari?
- Hiking to the lake floor and swimming in the crater lake
- Two-passenger kayak is available for hire for exploring the lake
- Tracking Kibale’s wild chimpanzees and 12 other primate species in the forests to view their activities in a natural habitat
- Bird watching to spot some of the 375 species of avian life and 70 varieties of mammals that thrive in the Kibale Park
- Visiting the Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary, Ndali farm plantations, and Muhoma Falls
Since the areas surrounding Kibale is also located in the Albertine Rift Valley of East Africa, it has seen volcanic activity in the past, leading to several extinct craters that are now some of the most glorious lakes you’ve ever seen. Take time to visit Muhoma Falls, Ndali Farm’s banana and vanilla plantations, and a tour visit with AfricanMecca to Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary for a birding tour.
How Is The Dining At Ndali Lodge?
- Mouth-watering meals served with an accompaniment of fine wines - all drinks are extra costs
- Excellent views of Lake Nyinambuga in the main dining area
- Fresh, organic produce from the kitchen gardens used to prepare dishes
- Choice of indoor and alfresco dining options, meals organized on the deck on request
- Private romantic dinners lighted by candles in secluded areas of the lodge
What We Like About Ndali Lodge
- Beautiful location at the edge of a crater lake, surrounded by the lush greenery. Candle lit dinners and personal attention from the lodge owners.
- Offers just 8 rooms for discerning travelers, providing a secluded deluxe getaway experience.
- Swimming pool overlooks Ndali estate and in-room massages are available upon request. There is a sauna on site.
- Yesteryear colonial-style structure with a fireplace, wicker furniture, old dressers, a library, and quaint columns supporting walkways between the lounge and dining area.
- Child-friendly accommodation, with large rooms, a wading pool and trampoline.
Things To Note When Staying At Ndali Lodge
- Around 60 minutes drive from the main trailhead, where you begin chimpanzee tracking expeditions in Kibale National Park.
- Lit by candles at night, which may be a hazard for vacationers walking from their rooms to the lounge or dining area for dinner. Lack of other in-room conveniences i.e. torches, bug repellent, umbrellas etc.
- Due to lack of electricity at the lodge via power grid or solar panels, it lacks basic amenities like higher beam lighting, fans and hair dryers; rooms uncomfortable for sleeping on hot days, as opening windows can let in bugs. Your phones and batteries can be charged in the main areas or in the room using their in-room USB ports.
- Rooming rates are on the higher side considering alternative facilities and amenities typical of a deluxe establishment are limited or not available; though, the lodge offers excellent service, ambiance and cuisine that balances the value equilibrium. Drinks are extra but laundry is included.
- There are resident dogs that belong to the lodge owners. For those who are allergic to dogs, we recommend that you advise us so we can brief the lodge owners. On the flipside, dog lovers will simply adore the resident dogs at Ndali.
Ndali Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Ndali Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Ndali Lodge In Kibale, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KIBALE
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN KIBALE PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR NDALI LODGE IN KIBALE UGANDA
When staying at Ndali Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls for your wildlife safari, and alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO KIBALE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Ndali Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NDALI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON KIBALE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED KIBALE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NDALI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +