GUIDE ON SINGITA KWITONDA LODGE IN RWANDA
Singita Kwitonda Lodge is a high-end safari lodge ideal for the discerning bespoke traveler seeking gorilla primate safaris in Africa. Developed by the luxurious Singita hospitality and conservation group of Eastern and Southern Africa, this is a twin lodge alongside Kataza House in Rwanda run by the Singita. With its own access road, the lodge is located on 178-acres of land on the edge of Volcanoes National Park. This establishment takes its name from the gentle silverback Kwitonda, who died in 2012 at age 40. “Kwitonda” translates into “to be humble” in the Kinyarwanda language. The boutique owners of Singita were inspired by the story of this remarkable primate that led them to brand the lodge under his name. Your luxury vacation time will be spent immersed in a decor reminiscent of the chic country house building style of the “Land of a Thousand Hills” complete with bricks baked in volcanic rocks, wood-fired ovens, and woven thatch-wooden ceilings.
Accommodation At Singita Kwitonda LodgeSingita Kwitonda Lodge has nine suites in all. Of these, seven rooms are individual one-bedroom suites offering complete privacy to the residents, while the eighth is a family suite and the ninth is Kataza House, an exclusive-use, with two and four bedrooms respectively that can sleep four to eight guests. This premier accommodation in Volcanoes National Park has a staff of 70, and its owners are committed to the conservation of the local wildlife and sustainable methods of running operations with a minimum impact on the environment. The Singita group is also dedicated to uplifting local communities with particular assistance in skill development.
Each of the rooms includes indoor and outdoor fireplaces for warmth in the highlands. You will also have a private plunge pool along with large windows that let in the picturesque vistas. Other amenities include massages and wellness treatments provided in your room, minibar, living area, and both, an indoor and alfresco shower. Kataza House also features a separate dining area along with a kitchenette for guests wishing to cook their meals. This stayover accepts children of all ages, but do keep in mind that gorilla trekking in the Rwanda is permitted only for visitors of ages 16 years and above.
Gorilla Safari At Singita Kwitonda LodgeIts strategic location makes the Singita Kwitonda Lodge an ideal base for exploring the beauty of Volcanoes National Park. The main attraction of this lofty reserve is the 10 families of mountain gorillas that can be visited by traveling guests to the park, among the last of this diminishing species left in the wild. Adventure-seeking vacationers in Rwanda can spend one precious hour with these fascinating creatures; strict controls and a permit system mean that each gorilla family sees only one group of visitors each day. You will have an expert guide and tracker accompanying you who will advise you on how to adapt around them. Volcanoes Park is also famous for yet another species of primates, the golden monkeys. To visit them, you will need a separate permit and follow a different trail.
Aside from primate sightings, you can also look for some of the 178 species of birds that inhabit the park. Other active-holiday activities available here include hiking up Mount Bisoke or Mount Karisimbi. Another must-see is the grave of Dian Fossey, who gave her life for the preservation of the gorillas of Volcanoes.
Dining At Singita Kwitonda LodgeThe lodge prides itself on serving only the most delicious meals cooked using fresh fruits and vegetables sourced from the inhouse Akarabo gardens and local farms. Dine on mouth-watering cuisines including local and international gourmet preparations, served with an exciting variety of South African wines. Indulge your sweet tooth by tasting freshly baked cakes, cookies, and confectionery prepared by expert signature chefs. Guests are welcome to visit the nursery for a lesson in the endemic Rwanda farmland produce farmlands and how to cook them.
|1. Volcanoes Gorilla Safari Park Guide||2. Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes Park|
|3. Volcanoes Park Map||4. Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes Park|
What We Like About Singita Kwitonda Lodge
- Small, boutique accommodation in the Volcanoes National Park suitable for the discerning visitor looking for low footfall and personalized service.
- Constructed almost entirely out of naturally-occurring materials sourced from the surrounding landscape such as clay bricks baked in a wood oven, river stones, volcanic rocks, and woven bamboo thatch.
- Welcomes families with children and larger groups of guests offering two and four-bedroom villas that can sleep up to 4 and 8 luxury vacationers, respectively, also has kid-centric activities for younger explorers.
- Lives up to its reputation and brand name of the Singita group of accommodations.
- An eco-friendly establishment that has solar panels installed to generate power along with rainwater harvesting and responsible waste management practices.
Things To Note When Staying At Singita Kwitonda Lodge
- Has a limited number of rooms because of which the resort can get booked early in the prime tourist season in the Volcanoes National Park, guests desiring to stay here may want to indicate their preference 12 to 18 months in advance.
- Does not have facilities like a swimming pool or fitness center, though rooms have an outdoor heated plunge pool alongside in-room expert massages and wellness treatments. Ideal for guests desiring to relax after a strenuous trek in search of gorillas.
- Premier, boutique accommodation offering exceptional services, distinct facilities and superior amenities. Prices are on the top tier range, and unsuitable for the economy or deluxe seeking traveler.
- Accepts children of all ages which may be an inconvenience for the discerning vacationers desiring higher age restrictions. Multi-generation families with children typically stay at the private villa, Kataza House.
- For your gorilla safari, the lodge does provide a pair of gaiters, walking sticks, waterproof parkas and pants, protective gloves, a small backpack for your personal gear, water bottle and lunch. While at the lodge, the wines are primarily from South Africa. If you have a specific preference for drinks, do make a note during your reservation with AfricanMecca.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Singita Kwitonda Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SINGITA KWITONDA LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Singita Kwitonda Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Singita Kwitonda Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SINGITA KWITONDA LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SINGITA KWITONDA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +