WHERE TO STAY IN VOLCANOES PARK DURING YOUR GORILLA TREKKING IN RWANDA
List Of Accommodations To Stay In Volcanoes
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Safari Prices, Reviews, Maps, Photos, Videos & Room Rate Guide For Volcanoes
1. Bisate Lodge - Tier 1 Premier ExperienceBisate Lodge is an upscale accommodation that offers a spectacular setting in the lush biome of Volcanoes, which forms a natural amphitheater around a reforested area of 24 hectares. The property is home to an amazing plethora of small indigenous fauna that have moved into the region. Bisate Lodge offers boutique travelers a choice of six traditionally-shaped villas with conical thatched roofs, surrounded by dense foliage woodland near the entrance of Volcanoes National Park. Offering the finest facilities, amenities and services in this part of Rwanda, this new premier lodge is an ideal stopover for ultra-luxurious seeking guests looking to explore the wonders of the region.
2. Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge - Tier 1 Premier ExperienceSprawled over an extensive 17-acres property, Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is a premier accommodation that offers stunning views of the Virunga volcanic mountains and the lush greenery of sprawling fields and farmlands. Choose from the lodge’s collection of 9 cottages and suites, located at a good distance from one another to offer all the privacy you need. The cottages, which feature Rwandan terracotta tile roofs, have open patios for relaxing in hammocks and other seating arrangements. You can also opt for the family suite, which includes two bedrooms, each opening onto the shared patio.
3. One&Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge - Tier 1 Premier ExperienceHidden away in a forest of eucalyptus trees with distant views of the Virunga Mountains is the luxurious One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge. This distinct primate holiday accommodation is comprised of two sections: the main lodge and Jack Hanna Cottage. Guests can choose from the two adjacent Ranch Rooms or the two rooms in Hanna Cottage; a rollaway bed can accommodate a third guest in each room. You will love the lodge’s tranquil, yesteryear ambience and its lounge, featuring plush furniture and eclectic Rwandan art. Step outside to relish the beauty of giant hydrangeas and the songs of some of the 178 bird species that make their home in the region.
4. Virunga Lodge - Tier 2 Deluxe ExperienceVirunga Lodge offers deluxe accommodations that are ideal for guests looking for superior facilities and amenities, albeit at premium prices. Located atop a ridge, the lodge offers picturesque panoramas of the Bulera (aka Burera) and Ruhondo lakes and the volcanic peaks of Volcanoes Park, while the main lounge is a pleasant place to relax. Discerning guests can stay in one of the 10 bandas the lodge provides, including 4 rooms with double beds and 4 rooms with twin beds. Families can opt for one of the 2 Deluxe Suites, which include two bedrooms and a living area. Guests can also enjoy on-site massage services.
5. Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel - Tier 2 Deluxe ExperienceThe Five Volcanoes Boutique Hotel serves as the ideal accommodation for guests looking for mid-range facilities and amenities but at affordable prices for their gorilla treks in Volcanoes National Park. As a deluxe hotel, it offers an intimate, personalized experience with just 13 rooms to like-minded travelers including 11 rooms with twin singles or a double bed. Families or friends traveling together can opt for the Family Suite or the VIP Cottage that each have two bedrooms. The VIP Cottage also has a sofa bed where an additional guest can comfortably sleep. The hotel is also suitable for physically challenged guests.
6. Mountain Gorilla View Lodge - Tier 2 Value ExperienceBuilt of naturally occurring materials such as stone and thatch, Mountain Gorilla View Lodge is a mid-range establishment. It offers adventurous vacationers 30 rooms, located within individual chalets with sweeping views of the Virunga Mountains as a backdrop. Each of the chalets is accessible by way of pathways that crisscross well-landscaped gardens, while natural foliage curtains off your chalet from the others offering privacy. Wicker furniture, a fireplace, area rugs on the stone floors, and authentic Rwandan art add to the unpretentious charm of the rooms. Guests can choose from rooms with double beds or twin beds.
7. Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge - Tier 3 Value ExperienceTrue to its name, Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge is adorned with bamboo. Visit the lounge and dining area to admire the woven bamboo ceiling that namesakes the accommodation. In addition, take note that most of the lodge is built with naturally occurring materials, including furniture and artifacts created out of bamboo. Well-landscaped gardens form the setting for the property, which also offers a mini-library for guests to keep them enlightened. A value accommodation in Kinigi, Le Bambou encompasses 16 rooms in individual cottages. Choose from one of the 13 single, double, or twin rooms. The remaining 3 rooms have a king-sized bed and can sleep a third traveler.
8. Villa Gorilla - Tier 3 Value ExperienceLocated at Kinigi, close to the headquarters of Volcanoes National Park, is the homey Villa Gorilla. It is comprised of a series of rondavel-style bandas with thatched roofs, decorated in vibrant colors that reflect the resilient spirit of the Rwandan people. The lodge offers 7 rooms: 4 in the main villa, plus 3 garden bungalows for holidaymakers who prefer a separate banda. Enjoy the rustic appeal of the rooms adorned with intricate artifacts and curios.
9. Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel - Tier 3 Value ExperienceLocated in Musanze town, the three-story Gorillas Volcanoes Hotel allows guests to explore the charms of living in a small yet buzzing Rwandan town. A value accommodation, the accommodation has landscaped gardens ablaze with colorful flowers. The property offers 30 rooms in three specifications, including Deluxe Rooms with double beds, Twin Rooms, and Executive Suites that offer guests a separate living room. Each of the rooms comes with its own balcony, where you can relax with views of the distant mountains, pool, or gardens. Guests can also enjoy the free-form swimming pool or get a workout at the fitness center.
Write A Trip Review On Volcanoes In Rwanda
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
Singita Kwitonda LodgeVolcanoes
Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeVolcanoes
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeVolcanoes
Mountain Gorilla View LodgeVolcanoes
Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeVolcanoes
Gorillas Volcanoes HotelVolcanoes
Five Volcanoes Boutique HotelVolcanoes
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR VOLCANOES IN RWANDA
When visiting Volcanoes Park for your gorilla safari trek, we recommend combining it it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Read More +
GUIDE ON VOLCANOES PARK
In the heart of Africa is a distinctive, mountainous utopia, namely Volcanoes National Park. The rainforests on these highland slopes are home to the endangered mountain gorillas, other primates and fauna.
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES
The primary activity at Volcanoes Park is gorilla trekking. Other tours are golden monkey treks, Dian Fossey Grave Shrine and Iby'Iwacu Cultural Village Tours, Mount Karisimbi or Mount Bisoke hikes etc.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT VOLCANOES
Many guests who visit Volcanoes National Park to experience gorilla primate trekking pick the drier months, since trails are less muddy and there is less likelihood of getting drenched by an impromptu shower.
Read More +
GORILLA FAMILY GROUPS IN VOLCANOES
Should you plan a gorilla viewing expedition to Volcanoes National Park, you will learn that the park has ten resident gorilla families that are habituated to the presence of humans.
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Volcanoes ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE VOLCANOES REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +