GUIDE ON VIRUNGA LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Virunga Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Virunga LodgeStraddling a picturesque, ridge offering breathtaking views of the Volcanoes National Park all around you is the Virunga Lodge. Enjoy the enchanting vistas of the lakes Bulera and Ruhondo from the rooms and the main lobby of this luxury primate holiday stayover. Adorned with stonework detailing, wooden flooring and whimsical Rwandan art, the lobby is a pleasant place to relax with drinks from the bar. In the evenings, you can enjoy the warmth of the fire as you sit back in woven wickerwork furniture that gives the place an enchanting safari ambiance. At the end of your gorilla trekking travels, you can spend some time at the spa where adequate masseuse gently massages the aches and pains from your muscles. The edifices of the Virunga Lodge are constructed using locally sourced materials in the architectural styles of a colonial country house, from red tiled roofs to encompassing verandas. The grounds are vibrant with sightings of some of the 178 avian species of Rwanda along with mongooses and butterflies flitting amidst the lush greenery. The bandas are named for the many lakes that are located in the region. They have sloping roofs with a lovely decor of stonework, clay, and rough-hewn wooden and rattan furniture crafted by local artisans. You will be spending your trip in one of the 10 distinct bandas that the lodge provides. Choose from 6 bandas with double beds or 2 others with twin beds. You could also opt for the 2 deluxe bandas that have a separate living area and can comfortably accommodate families of 4. The rooms have diaphanous mosquito netting draped on a wooden frame hanging from the roof adding a touch of “Out of Africa” romance. Seating arrangements, sisal embodied chests, rugs and other furnishings, and a working fireplace adds a quaint charm to rooms. The ensuite bathrooms have his and her basins, low-flush toilets, and a partitioned shower area.You can also spend time on the private patio outside with sweeping panoramas of the volcanic peaks of the Volcanoes Park in front of you. Have delicious meals cooked with care in the lodge's on-site restaurant. You can also request for al fresco dining options while breathing in the refreshing mountain air and reveling in the magnificent views. These vistas will likely whet your appetite for the beautiful creatures that inhabit them. You will begin your gorilla safari tour at the main gate of the reserve, an hour away, in groups of 8. Before you leave, the expert guide assigned will take the time to familiarize you with the etiquettes of mountain gorilla families. Though they are adapted to having humans around, you must respect their protocols. You can also go on different trails through the mountains to view the rare golden monkeys that live in the bamboo forests of the Volcanoes Park. Explore the lakes of Ruhondo, Karago, and Burera. Or, hike to the top of Mount Bisoke for a reward of magnificent views. You could also add an excursion to Musanze Caves or a visit to Mwiko School and the Iby'Iwacu Village to your cultural holiday itinerary of Rwanda. Do take the time to pay your respects to Dian Fossey without whose dedicated efforts, the conservation of the endangered mountain gorillas would not have been possible.RELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About Virunga Lodge
- Offers spectacular views of the Virunga Mountains and the twin lakes of Ruhondo and Bulera in the Volcanoes National Park
- Secluded location. It is away from mainstream accommodations of Kinigi, near the park headquarters
- With only 10 stone bandas, offers vacationers the quiet, premier experience. The in-house Dian Fossey Map Room Catalogue is informative.
- By using solar power and other eco-friendly operating methods, the lodge seeks to minimize the carbon footprint
- Personal butler service attached to each room. The staff are friendly, offering excellent service. Complimentary massage after your gorilla trek. Engaging cultural experience with the Intore dance group. Presents delicious meals in the communal dining room
Things To Note When Staying At Virunga Lodge
- With its seclusion, it is a slightly away from the main gate of Volcanoes Park. Guests travel an extra 30-45 minutes to access the park headquarter's starting point
- The deluxe banda room is on the higher price range
- Views of the rooms are variable. Some of them face the lakes while others face the volcanoes
- For its price, seclusion and deluxe rustic ambiance, it is on the higher price range due to lack of serious competition
- Offers 2 deluxe rooms for families, but does not have any other child-friendly activities considering that gorilla treks are open to kids above 15 years only
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Virunga Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR VIRUNGA LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Virunga Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Virunga Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON VIRUNGA LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
Singita Kwitonda LodgeVolcanoes
Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeVolcanoes
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeVolcanoes
Mountain Gorilla View LodgeVolcanoes
Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeVolcanoes
Gorillas Volcanoes HotelVolcanoes
Five Volcanoes Boutique HotelVolcanoes
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE VIRUNGA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +