GUIDE ON BISATE LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Bisate Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Bisate LodgeNestled close to natural coliseum formed by an extinct volcano is a luxury haven that promises you the spectacle of Rwandan nature in all her glory. Here, Bisate Lodge, a boutique accommodation, is set on a sprawling estate that covers around 66 acres (27 hectares). Adventure seeking, discerning vacationers are welcomed into the lounge and reception area, that along with 6 enchanting villas have been created using the architectural styles of traditional Rwandan royal palaces. Offering you stunning views of the volcanic peaks of Mikeno of Congo, Karisimbi, and Bisoke, each rondavel villa is raised off the ground on a deck. It has a high peaked tip and is built using a range of woven materials under a thatched roof. Eclectic artifacts and other accessories create a fabulous impression of the culture of the country while the patterned fabrics add a touch of Rwandan elegance to the interiors. Your private luxury villa, sprawled over an area of 91 square meters offers you the very best of Rwandan hospitality with expansive rooms filled with the finest of pampering comforts for your use. It includes a living area with the bedroom alongside an en-suite bathroom complete with handmade, high-quality toiletries. Fireplaces not only lend a cozy atmosphere to the room but also keep you warm against the cool highlands climate. Soak for long hours in the wooden hot tub that helps you relax after your strenuous gorilla safari trek in Volcanoes National Park. Slip into the warm bathrobe and slippers before you settle down to relax in the living area. The designers of the Bisate Lodge, the distinctive primate holiday stayover, have undertaken a commendable task of bringing the forests back to this locale that was formerly owned by farmers. Accordingly, they have planted indigenous trees and plants thus creating the perfect biome that has attracted creatures such as endemic animals, reptiles, amphibians, insects, and at least 15 of the magnificent 178 species of birds that the Volcanoes Park is famous for. Explore the newly forested environs of Bisate Lodge to encounter trees like mountain bamboo, hypericum, neoboutania, dombeya, and hagenia. The lodge is operated with the intention of providing a source of livelihood for the local communities along principles of minimizing the carbon footprint by recycling and reusing water and waste. Solar panels generate power while rainwater is harvested for use by touring guests.Dine on sumptuous meals cooked to perfection using only the finest of ingredients including fresh produce sourced from the neighboring community farms. Sip on wines that serve as the perfect accompaniment to global and authentic Rwandan dishes. You can also let the chef know if you have any specific dietary preferences. Every morning, after a hearty breakfast, you can leave for your gorilla trek. Since Bisate Lodge is sited close to Kinigi, the headquarters, adventure travelers like you can have easy access to the starting point of the various hiking trails that let you explore the diverse ecology of the park. On the day you will be visiting the iconic mountain gorillas, you will first spend some time learning about the protocols to follow when viewing these gentle giants. While they are adapted to the presence of humans, you must take carefully care to follow the directions of your guide. Experience thrill and amazement when you gaze at a silverback stalwart, and he gazes back at you with an age-old wisdom. Other safari trails will allow you to tour out to the other sections of the Volcanoes Park to revel in its incredible biospheres, the beautiful flora inhabited by butterflies, small insects, birds and smaller fauna. Trip up the sides of the Bisoke and Karisimbi mountains, and you will be rewarded with stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Visit the Musanze Caves, and you can see the gorgeous rock formations in the underground caves. Spend some time at Dian Fossey's grave and remember with reverence her unrelenting efforts for the preservation of mountain gorillas (read more on their families). You could also choose a trail that takes you to the bamboo forests. This region is the favorite habitat of the elusive golden monkeys. As you come to the tail end of your gorilla trekking vacation in Rwanda, stop over at the Iby'Iwacu Village and immerse yourself in the ethos of the people. Learn the art of making artifacts, take part in their music and dances and perhaps, sample their cuisineRELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About Bisate Lodge
- Unique architecture and ambiance. Offers just 6 rooms, which is perfect for discerning guests looking for a private, tranquil holiday with personalized services.
- Allows easy access to the base camp of the many trails that wind through the reserve thanks to its location at Kinigi, the park’s headquarters.
- Possibility of viewing some of the native avian and terrestrial fauna because of the presence of indigenous forests on the property. Offers magnificent views of the Bisoke, Karisimbi, and Mikeno mountains of the Volcanoes National Park.
- Offers an extensive and delicious array of local and global cuisine.
- Operates using eco-friendly principles including recycling water and waste, harvesting rainwater, and generating solar energy for power.
Things To Note When Staying At Bisate Lodge
- One of most expensive lodges to stay in the world, Africa, Rwanda and Volcanoes National Park.
- Not geared towards value and deluxe seeking guests.
- Limited availability during peak season as there are only 6 rooms. We recommend booking this property 12-18 months in advance.
- Prices will always be on the higher side even during the low season and will remain so every year.
- An alternate, authentic, premier lodge is lacking in this park; therefore, no other equivalent property is available at a lesser price. This is the number 1 choice for the ultra-luxury clientele. The only other luxury option are Virunga Lodge and Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge, and also the upcoming One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge and Singita Kwitonda Lodge .
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Bisate Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR BISATE LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Bisate Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Bisate Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON BISATE LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
Singita Kwitonda LodgeVolcanoes
Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeVolcanoes
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeVolcanoes
Mountain Gorilla View LodgeVolcanoes
Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeVolcanoes
Gorillas Volcanoes HotelVolcanoes
Five Volcanoes Boutique HotelVolcanoes
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE BISATE LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +