GUIDE ON ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For One&Only Gorilla's Nest LodgeA forest of fragrant eucalyptus trees at the base of the lofty Virunga Mountains shelters a boutique cottage, the One&Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge. Located at Musanze, this luxury vacation stayover offers you superb views of the famed Volcanoes National Park. As you arrive at the main reception area, you will be charmed by the giant hydrangea flowers and sightings of some of the 178 bird species of the wilderness, lighting up the locale with their colors and songs. You might even spot the resident African wildcat sunning himself on the patio. The lodge has two sections, the main lodge and the Jack Hanna Cottage, a private home that is let out to touring families and friends staying at the One&Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge. You will love the elegant homeliness of the common areas of the lodge that include all the comforts of a yesteryear country-style cottage meshed stylishly with the distinct spirit of Rwanda. A fireplace keeps guests warm while the television lets them stay up to date with world events. You will be staying in one of the 4 spacious rooms available, two of which are branded as the Hanna Cottage. The other 2 rooms are the adjacent Ranch Rooms. One of the rooms includes a double bed while the other comes with twin beds. The Hanna Cottage is spacious enough to accommodate a roll-away third bed each. The ensuite bathrooms include shower area, bathtub, and vanity. The cottage has its own dining area and kitchen with a separate staff to care for you. You can also use the in-room electronic safe provided for storing your valuables. Spend time on the patio outside reveling in the views of the magnificent mountains of Virunga (view map), or play a few rounds of leisure holiday golf in the nine-hole green bordering the lodge complex. Your evenings will be made pleasant with a safari campfire around which you can sip sundowner drinks.Dine on delectable meals including authentic Rwandan fare, cooked with care for you. Your chef will take orders for whatever dishes you would like to try, and you can look forward to three-course meals served. Your mornings will begin with hearty offerings at breakfast to keep you going during your hike. Before you set out to meet the magnificent mountain gorillas of Rwanda, your expert safari guide will give you a short talk on the protocol to follow when meeting these gentle giants. As you trek over the trails, he will alert you to the presence of the gorilla family you are assigned. The sight of the alpha silverback that can tower up to six feet in height and the gentleness he displays is truly mesmerizing. Tear yourself away from him, and you could go looking for the other rare and equally amazing primate of the Volcanoes National Park, the golden monkeys, found mainly in the bamboo forests. Choose from one of the other touring trails in the reserve, and you can make a trip to the grave of the famous conservationist, Dian Fossey. Without her dedicated support, the mountain gorillas might have become extinct. You must also explore the underground caves of Musanze or trek up the edges of Mountains Bisoke and Karisimbi for the breathtaking views at the top. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the rich and varied biomes of the Volcanoes reserve as you hike. Also, take the time to visit the indigenous tribal people of the Iby'Iwacu Village.RELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge
- Located at Kinigi, close to the headquarters of the Volcanoes National Park. Thus, it is easy for guests to travel to the starting point of the gorilla safari treks
- Offers fine views of the lush vegetation and the Virunga Mountains (on a clear day). Has a nine-hole golfing green that sporting holidaymakers can use
- With just 4 rooms that can sleep 8-10 guests, the lodge offers guests the quiet, boutique experience with personal attention
- Meals are very appetizing and specially cooked by the personal chef according to guest preferences
- The staff are very helpful and friendly, offer services such as laundry, cleaning muddy footwear, preparing meals, and making fires in the rooms to help you stay warm
Things To Note When Staying At One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge
- Costs are on the higher side for a premier accommodation due to lack of competition
- While ideal for vacationing families, Hanna Cottage does not offer any additional activities for. children that guests might appreciate given that gorilla viewing is restricted to people of ages 15 and above only
- Solar power is lacking for a small accommodation. The lodge should consider being more ecologically sustainable
- The golf course makes it a less authentic gorilla lodge to stay in
- Limited availability during peak season as there are limited rooms. We recommend booking Gorilla’s Nest 12-18 months in advance
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
Singita Kwitonda LodgeVolcanoes
Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeVolcanoes
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeVolcanoes
Mountain Gorilla View LodgeVolcanoes
Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeVolcanoes
Gorillas Volcanoes HotelVolcanoes
Five Volcanoes Boutique HotelVolcanoes
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +