GUIDE ON ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE IN RWANDA
A forest of fragrant eucalyptus trees, pyrethrum farms, and organic shambas abundant with produce at the base of the lofty Virunga Mountains shelters a boutique accommodation, the One&Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge. Located at the foothills of the Virunga range, this bespoke vacation stayover offers you superb views of the famed Volcanoes National Park. As you arrive at the main reception area, you will be charmed by the giant hydrangea flowers and sightings of some of the 178 bird species of the wilderness, lighting up the locale with their colors and songs.
The lodge has ultra-luxurious interiors that charm you with their hushed sophistication and decor in soft hues that delight the senses. Natural materials sustainably harvested from the Volcanoes wilderness were used to craft the structures that combine a flat ceiling, wooden flooring, and stone detailing on the walls. The lounge is highlighted with delicate Rwandan prints that add just the right touch of color to offset the creams, beiges, and browns. Stay immersed in nature with spell-binding views enchanting you through the expansive glass windows that extend almost to the ceiling.
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest Lodge has an outdoor heated swimming pool and plunge pool where you can take refreshing dips or lounge in the sun. Visit the fitness center for a rejuvenating workout session and then, relax tired muscles with a trip to the steam and sauna room. End your day at the in-house spa for distinct holistic treatments.
Accommodation At One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeThe One&Only has a total of 7 Suites and 14 elegant luxury rooms to please the tastes of the most discerning safari holidayer (read reasons to visit Rwanda). Each unit stands on a separate wooden platform erected at a short distance from each other to accord complete privacy to the residents. Subdued lighting adorns the interiors that also include a king-size bed, air conditioning, tea and coffee making supplies, a closet for unpacking, and minibar. In addition, you will have a flat-screen television with satellite connection. The ensuite bathroom may include a standalone bathtub, twin vanities, hairdryer, shower area, and high-quality toiletries.
Depending on your requirements, choose from room categories such as the Forest Lodge King, Ingagi Suite, and Virunga Suite, each of which is suitable for couples. The Virunga Suite is a self-contained cottage featuring a bedroom, open-air bath, separate lounge cum dining area, and kitchenette with a dedicated personal staff to cook meals and take care of guests. Couples who would also like a private pool can opt for the Silverback Suite that also includes the amenities of the Virunga Suite. Families on safari of up to four traveling can book the Two-Bedroom Forest Lodge for their stay in the wilds of the surrounding Volcanoes National Park.
Gorilla Safari At One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeBefore you set out to meet the magnificent mountain gorillas of Rwanda, your expert safari guide will give you a short talk on the protocol to follow when meeting these gentle giants. As you trek over the trails, he will alert you to the presence of the gorilla family you are assigned. The sight of the alpha silverback that can tower up to six feet in height and the gentleness he displays is truly mesmerizing. The next day, you opt to track the other rare and equally amazing primate of the Volcanoes National Park, the golden monkeys, found mainly in the bamboo forests.
Choose from one of the other touring trails in the reserve, and you can make a trip to the grave of the famous conservationist, Dian Fossey. Without her dedicated support, the mountain gorillas might have become extinct. You must also explore the underground caves of Musanze or trek up the edges of Mountains Bisoke and Karisimbi for the breathtaking views at the top. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the rich and varied biomes of the Volcanoes Reserve as you hike. Also, take the time to visit the indigenous tribal people of the Ibyiwacu Village for a cultural safari in Rwanda.
Dining At One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeDine on delectable meals, including authentic Rwandan fare, cooked with care for you using the best of ingredients sourced from the kitchen gardens. You can request the chef to prepare dishes you would like to try, and you can look forward to a delightful dining experience provided by the Nest, the main restaurant and bar. Some of the suites have a kitchenette with a personal chef, and you can also request the staff to organize al fresco meals at different locations across the estate so you can enjoy the incredible beauty of your environs. This kind of bespoke culinary experience is exactly how an accommodation caters to the needs of guests on a luxury safari in Rwanda.
|1. Volcanoes Gorilla Safari Park Guide||2. Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes Park|
|3. Volcanoes Park Map||4. Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes Park|
What We Like About One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge
- Located at Kinigi, close to the headquarters of the Volcanoes National Park. Thus, it is easy for guests to travel to the starting point of the gorilla safari treks.
- Luxury accommodation primarily serving upmarket guests.
- Mid-sized lodge with 14 rooms and 7 suites offering the tranquil vacation experience with low footfall and personalized service.
- Meals are very appetizing and specially cooked by the personal chef according to guest preferences.
- Has rooming options for larger groups of up to 4 guests who can book the two-bedroom suite or prefer private dining opportunities.
Things To Note When Staying At One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge
- Costs are on the higher side for a premier accommodation due to the luxurious standards in Rwanda, caters to the affluent demographic which desires the best and finest of facilities, amenities and services.
- Hosts a swimming pool, fitness center with sauna - steam room and a spa for holistic treatments and massages; some guests may prefer the absence of such add-on hotel-like facilities in a safari setting. Also, other guests may view the ultra-sophisticated ambiance and luxury aesthetics of the lodge as out of place in an authentic safari wilderness.
- Solar footprint is minimal for a small accommodation; the lodge should consider being more ecologically sustainable and utilizing 100% solar energy.
- Variable rooming experiences and views; each of the rooms and suites have a unique decor and faces a different section of the property.
- Limited availability during peak season as there are limited rooms for ultra-luxury lodges in Volcanoes. We recommend booking Gorilla’s Nest 12-18 months in advance.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With One&Only Gorilla's Nest Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ONE&ONLY GORILLA'S NEST LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +