GUIDE ON SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeStunning mist-covered volcanic peaks overshadowing sprawling plantations with the lushness of the montane vegetation is the sight that will greet you on your arrival at the luxurious Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge. Tucked away in the foothills of the Virunga Mountains of the Volcanoes National Park, this intimate boutique accommodation is perfect for discerning holidaymakers. It has an eclectic decor that combines elements of an elegant colonial era interspersed with authentic Rwandan art. The brightly woven rugs, artifacts, baskets, masks and other curios scattered about subtly discourses to you about the spirit of the country while wicker and wrought-iron furniture coupled with hardwood floors take you back to a bygone era. The central lounge area located inside the main cottage structure includes plush seating areas with a large fireplace where you can relax and enjoy books from the library. You could also spend some vacation time on the verandah outside or in the game room. The Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is spread over an area of 17 acres and offers just 9 cottages and suites to frill tourists. These rooms are scattered around the property and are accessible by way of a pleasant walk through the estate with sightings of some of the 178 species of birds native to the Albertine Rift forests of the Volcanoes Safari Park (view map). Each of the cottages is made of stone with terracotta tiles for the roofs and is shielded from the others by sheer distance and greenery to accord perfect privacy. You can choose from one of the 6 cottages and 2 suites. The lodge also offers 1 family suite that comprises of two rooms that open onto a shared patio. Relax in the seating arrangements inside the room or on the verandah or open up the hammock for a leisurely nap. Ensuite bathrooms include handmade toiletries, twin vanities, bathtub and a handmade shower stall. Dine on delicious, gourmet meals cooked to perfection accompanied by fine wines in the dining area in the main house. Choose from a wide range of wholesome dishes as you enjoy the warm ambiance created by the hardwood floors, fireplace, and more native art. To view more of the bird variety that you see around the lodge, you must travel along the distinct trails. Each of these will take you to see a different aspect of the beautiful biomes of the reserve complete with flora, insect life, and other smaller creatures. You can hike the slopes of the Mounts Bisoke and Karisimbi or explore the superb underground caves at Musanze with their bat residents. The highlight of your safari trip is undoubtedly, your meeting with the famous mountain gorillas of Rwanda. View these magnificent primates in their natural habitat, and you will be amazed by the quiet intelligence with which they stare back at you. But, do take care to carefully observe their etiquettes of family gorilla life and follow the instructions of your experienced guide. You might also need the assistance of porters for carrying photographic and other equipment over the steep and muddy trails. You must trail out to the village of Iby'Iwacu to meet with the lovely native people. Learn their art of making medicines from local plants and perhaps, take a lesson in creating some of their intricate artifacts or dance costumes. RELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
- Located at Kinigi by the foothills of the Virunga Mountains and closest to the Volcanoes Park. Thus, it offers easy accessibility to the base point of your trekking tour that is a short 15 minutes' drive away.
- Offers stunning views of the mountains with sprawling, fertile community fields spread below them. Some of the profits of your stay over directly benefit the locals.
- The first luxurious lodge at Volcanoes National Park. With just 9 cottages and suites, the lodge offers guests the discreet, boutique experience.
- Excellent service. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to assist with cleaning footwear, doing laundry, serving meals, providing hot water bottles, and lighting fires in the room.
- Serves sumptuous, wholesome and very delicious cuisine.
Things To Note When Staying At Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
- Although massages are available, an absence of a proper spa considering the establishment is an upmarket one.
- Views can be variable with the rooms at higher elevations offering more expansive vistas of the Volcanoes Park.
- Due to its elevated location, some guests might have to walk a steep pathway to reach the main reception and lounge area.
- Offers a family cottage, but there are no activities designed especially for children given that gorilla tours are permitted for children over 15 only.
- One of the few most expensive lodges for gorilla safaris in Rwanda. It seeks an affluent demographic who want the best of experiences.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +