BEST TIME TO VISIT SEMLIKI FOR A UGANDA SAFARI
Best Time, Seasons & Months To Go On Safari In Semliki?Semliki Wildlife Reserve has a somewhat lower elevation in a valley starting at 700 meters than other areas of Uganda, and this factor contributes to a warmer variation in weather patterns that are slightly different from the rest of the country. Check with the expert consultant at AfricanMecca Safaris when planning your vacation. Typical temperatures in the area include daytime highs that range from 29ºC (84 F) and 33ºC (92 F), while nighttime temperatures hover around 18ºC (65 F) and 21ºC (70 F). Accordingly, you can plan your trip for most times of the year and look forward to fantastic weather at Semliki.
Different Monthly Seasons At Semliki - Dry, Hot, Wet Rainy & CoolNote On Wet Rainy Season For Semliki Wildlife Reserve: In comparison to other parks like Queen Elizabeth National Park and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the precipitation in millimeters is less in Semliki Wildlife Reserve. This is primarily due to the hot-humid equatorial climate based on its geographical location in western Uganda. Expect thunderstorms during the rainy season.
- Dry Months, Best Time & High Season For Semliki: December, January and February are the driest, most humid and hottest months but not the peak season of travel in Uganda. Expect few guests compared to the peak season.
- Dry & Wet Rainy Months, Very Good Time & Mid-Peak Season For Semliki: March, June, and July offer a mixture of dry and wet periods.
- Wet Rainy Months, Good Time & Peak Season For Semliki: August and September are both rainy and peak periods with high numbers of visitors into Semliki.
- Wet Rainy Season, Least Best Time & Low Season For Semliki: April, May, October, and November. These months are also part of the lush green season.
- Hot & Cool Months: There is only 1-4 Celsius degrees variation in temperature in between months at Semliki. January, February and March are the hottest months with highs of 33 C (92 F) during the day and lows of 21 C (70 F) at night while June, July and August are the coolest months with highs of 29ºC (84 F) during the day and lows of 18 C (65 F) at night. All other months have a range from 30 C (86 F) to 32 C (90 F) during the daytime while nighttime temperatures average from 19 C (66 F) and 20 C (68 F).
- Best Time For Birdwatching Safaris In Semliki: The best time for birding safaris in Semliki Reserve is from January to March when it is the driest and warmest. The migratory birds arrive in November and leave by April. Breeding season starts around the start of the rains i.e end of March. The peak rainy months of April, May, October and November bring an abundance of food that leads to a lot of avian activity though trails can be slippery, and also roads and airstrips can be challenging to navigate.
- Maximum daytime temperatures remaining around 33 C (92 F) while lowest nighttime temperatures hover at around 18 C (65 F)
- The region experiencing unusually long wet seasons because of the proximity to the mountains and being close to Lake Albert, some rainfall occurs during the dry seasons also
- Long rains starting around end of March and lasting until May and early June and short rains beginning in August and remaining until November
- Room prices more economical during the wet seasons with the park showcasing a profusion of fresh vegetation that is strikingly beautiful to see
- Most vacationers from North America and Europe booking tours in summer when schools are closed and it is one of the best times to visit East Africa
Visiting Semliki During the Dry Seasons - Is It The Best Time To Go On Safari Based On Climate, Temperatures & Weather Conditions?Like the rest of Africa, Semliki has two dry seasons, both are good times to travel, and two wet seasons. However, the reserve seems to receive rainfall all through the year because of its location in the shadow of the mountains and being close to Lake Albert. The cooler months in this region of Uganda are June and July and the warmer months of December, January, and February are typically dry seasons and the best times to visit, but even during these periods, you may experience some rain for a few days at a time.
You should consider the long dry season from December to February as the best time to visit Semliki Wildlife Reserve (where to stay). That’s because the vegetation is sparse, so you’ll find it easier to spot the wildlife and avian fauna of the park. You will also note that since the animals congregate at the water bodies to drink, you can locate them readily. The dry season is also a time when there are fewer bugs such as mosquitoes, lessening worries about insect-related ailments.
Wet Seasons In Semliki Reserve & How To Plan Activities During The Rainy Period?The usual wet seasons are the short rains starting at the end of March, April and May, and the long rains in August, September, and through October and November. All the same, the park does receive visitors in the wet seasons. During the rains, the reserve acquires lush vegetation, making it all the more beautiful to view. There are also fewer other travelers, so you might enjoy the sense of solitude. Some guests choose the wet season to go on safari in Semliki Wildlife Reserve since rooms are priced more economically thanks to off-season discounts.
Even during the wet season, it does not rain all through the day. Your safari activities such as game drives, birdwatching tours, primate tracking or safari bush walks in Semliki can adjust on the day based on the weather conditions or you can continue with your as planned. However, you might want to come prepared for the possibility of muddier roads and trails, which make logistics more difficult.
Other Considerations When Planning Your Safari Dates For Semliki ReserveBesides weather, Semliki Park receives more visitors during the dry season in part because schools are closed in the northern countries of America and Europe in the months of June, July, and August, making these months a good time to plan a family safari in Uganda. The other dry season of December and January coincides with winter in northern climates, making this part of Africa a great place for a warm-weather vacation or family holiday celebration during the Christmas and New Year periods. The dry season is also preferable if you are looking to visit the gorillas in the Bwindi Forest Mountains or extend out to Tanzania and Kenya for a wildebeest migration safari in Serengeti and Masai Mara. Accordingly, you could include a trip to Semliki Park in your itinerary.
Semliki Reserve Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Semliki In Uganda
Read More +
SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE GUIDE
Semliki Wildlife Reserve is a pristine ecology which is little-known and off the main tourist circuit lending tranquility. Breathe in the scents of the wild ecology while viewing denizens of the forest and savannah.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN SEMLIKI
Semliki has limited quality camps and lodges. AfricanMecca only recommends Semliki Safari Lodge that affords a mid-range Deluxe Tier 2 Safari rating. It offers a tented lodge experience with various activities.
Read More +
SEMLIKI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Semliki Reserve offers distinct safari activities i.e. day and night game drives, chimpanzee and primate trekking tours, birdwatching and boating excursions around Lake Albert, bush walks, and cultural interactions.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SEMLIKI IN UGANDA
When visiting Semliki for your wildlife safari, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO SEMLIKI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Semliki ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE
SEMLIKI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED SEMLIKI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SEMLIKI REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +