GUIDE ON SEMLIKI SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Semliki Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?The Semliki Safari Lodge is tucked away in the pristine wilderness of the first gazetted reserves of Uganda, the Semliki Wildlife Reserve. Offering beautiful, deluxe accommodations, it combines the charm of a rustic tented lodge with the contemporary conveniences of the modern world. The lodge is constructed with naturally occurring materials such as rough-hewn tree trunks and a thatch roof supported by a hardwood framework. Handcrafted curios, masks, books, and wall art adorn the spacious lounge, while hand-painted murals grace the walls. You can spend some safari holiday time here reveling in the views of traversing fauna, massage services, or beside the swimming pool, where the pleasing tranquility is broken only by the songs of the varied bird species of Semliki Park.
- Sited in the first gazetted wilderness of Uganda, Semliki Wildlife Reserve serving a maximum of 18 guests only
- Fusion decor with elements of pastoral Ugandan art and architecture and contemporary conveniences
- Built using naturally-occurring materials including hardwood and thatch harvested sustainably
- Swimming pool for enjoying cooling dips and the tranquility of the park
- Outdoor or indoor expert massages during your leisure time in between safari activities
What To Expect At Semliki Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 8 tented rooms standing on wooden platforms raised on stilts
- Gravel pathways amidst lush lawns and flower beds leading to the rooms
- Family tent spacious enough sleep up to 4 guests comfortably
- Eco-friendly accommodation committed to protecting the delicate biomes of the reserve
- Thatched roofs and mesh panels that allow in cool breezes and picturesque views
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Semliki Safari Lodge On Semliki Safari?
- Boating on the lake to spot some of the 440 species of birds including the rare shoebill stork
- Nature walks and hikes to experience the wonders of the bush including nesting birds, insects, flora, animal trails, and much more
- Touring the Semliki Chimpanzee Research Project dedicated to the conservation of chimp families
- Day game drives to see the amazing varieties of mammals living in the park
- Night game drives to glimpse nocturnal activities such as small animals coming out to forage and hunt
The park also features the Semliki Chimpanzee Research Project, a conservation center that is dedicated to advancing our knowledge about these amazing primate creatures. On your tour to track down the chimps, you might encounter one of the four communities that reside here. Semliki is also home to various mammal species, including waterbucks, bushbabies, bushbucks, Ugandan kobs, buffalos, and forest and savannah elephants. Game drives during the day will allow you to meet some of these grazers on your vacation, and on a lucky day, you might be able to witness a hunt in progress when a leopard brings down a meal. You can also go on night game drives, bush walks and hikes in the reserve.
How Is The Dining At Semliki Safari Lodge?
- In-house dining area located beside the lounge
- All meals prepared using fresh ingredients grown on local farms
- Selection of authentic Ugandan and international cuisines served with an accompaniment of wines
- Viewing wandering monkeys, birds and other terrestrial wildlife while dining
- Dinner served by candlelight with exciting options for vegetarians
Pros & Cons At Semliki Safari Lodge In Semliki
What We Like About Semliki Safari Lodge
- Eco-friendly lodge constructed with naturally occurring materials and operates with careful regard for the Semliki Wildlife Reserve environs and local communities.
- Includes a swimming pool to cool off and massage services.
- Small lodge with just 8 tents for a maximum of 18 travelers allows for a tranquil, personalized experience.
- Accepts children and has a family tent that can sleep up to 4 guests (but does not have any other child-friendly facilities such as a wading pool).
- Accords visitors the authentic and personalized safari holiday without the hordes of vehicles and guests.
Things To Note When Staying At Semliki Safari Lodge
- Not suitable for ultra luxury tourists looking for top notch, high-grade lodges aesthetics, facilities, room conveniences such a bath, outdoor showers, and white glove services.
- Does not have a fitness center or proper spa services and facilities.
- Due to its remoteness, power supply is provided by generators after 6 pm with no outlets for charging phones and cameras in the tents; not entirely eco-friendly.
- Lack of competition from other accommodations in the Semliki Wildlife Reserve means less incentive to improve and match up standards with other deluxe camps and lodges in the reserve; prices are also on the higher side due to lack of serious competition.
- The lodge offers diverse activities such as boating safari, night game drives, birdwatching, primate and chimpanzee trekking safari etc. The focus is not on maximizing wildlife viewing in numbers but rather intimate distinct wildlife experiences e.g. forest and savannah elephants.
Semliki Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Semliki Safari Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Semliki Safari Lodge In Semliki, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY SEMLIKI
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Semliki based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
SEMLIKI SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Semliki? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SEMLIKI SAFARI LODGE IN SEMLIKI UGANDA
When staying at Semliki Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO SEMLIKI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Semliki Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SEMLIKI SAFARI LODGE
SEMLIKI CAMPS & LODGES
Scroll and view more Semliki safari accommodations in Uganda
EXPLORE MORE ON SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED SEMLIKI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SEMLIKI SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +