BEST TIME TO VISIT MURCHISON FALLS FOR A UGANDA SAFARI
Best Time, Seasons & Months To Go On Safari In Murchison Falls?Like the rest of Uganda, Murchison Falls National Park experiences a relatively stable climate throughout the year. Being so close to the equator, the weather at Murchison Falls does not offer extreme conditions unlike some of the countries in the northern hemisphere, making it a perfect year-round destination. However, global warming has resulted in unpredictable weather patterns all over the world, and some guests may have to deal with some unexpected conditions during their travels in Uganda.
On average, maximum daytime temperatures range from 29ºC (84 F) to 34ºC (93 F) and drop to 18ºC (64 F) to 21ºC (70 F) during the evening and overnight period. Murchison Falls Park experiences a hot-dry season from January to March, and temperatures range higher — around 33ºC (91 F) to 34ºC (93 F) – during the peak of the day.
Different Monthly Seasons At Murchison Falls - Dry, Hot, Wet Rainy & CoolNote On Wet Rainy Season For Murchison Falls National Park: In comparison to other parks like Queen Elizabeth National Park and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the precipitation in millimeters is less in Murchison Falls National Park. This is primarily due to the hot-humid equatorial climate based on its geographical location in western Uganda. Expect thunderstorms during the rainy season.
- Dry Months, Best Time & High Season For Murchison Falls: December, January and February are the driest, most humid and hottest months but not the peak season of travel in Uganda. Expect few guests compared to the peak season.
- Dry & Wet Rainy Months, Very Good Time & Mid-Peak Season For Murchison Falls: March, June, and July offer a mixture of dry and wet periods.
- Wet Rainy Months, Good Time & Peak Season For Murchison Falls: August and September are both rainy and peak periods with high numbers of visitors into Murchison Falls.
- Wet Rainy Season, Least Best Time & Low Season For Murchison Falls: April, May, October, and November. These months are also part of the lush green season.
- Hot & Cool Months: There is only 1-4 Celsius degrees variation in temperature in between months at Murchison Falls. January and February are the hottest months with highs of 34 C (93 F) during the day and lows of 21 C (70 F) at night while July to October are the coolest months with highs of 29 C (84 F) during the day and lows of 18 C (64 F) at night. All other months have a range from 30 C (86 F) to 32 C (90 F) during the daytime while nighttime temperatures average from 19 C (66 F) to 20 C (68 F).
- Best Time For Birdwatching Safaris In Murchison Falls: The best time for birding safaris in Murchison Falls Park is from January to March when it is the driest. The migratory birds arrive in November and leave by April. The peak rainy months of April and May and August to November brings abundance of food that leads to a lot of avian activity though trails can be slippery, and also roads and airstrips can be challenging to navigate.
- Murchison Falls Park has a hotter and drier equatorial climate which is much drier and warmer than Bwindi or Queen Elizabeth Parks
- Best time to visit is in the dry seasons of June and July and December through March
- The peak wet and rainy season months are April, May, October and November
- Maximum daytime temperatures ranging from 29ºC (84 F) to 34ºC (93 F) and minimum nighttime temperatures ranging from 18ºC (64 F) to 21ºC (70 F) with slightly higher temperatures from January to March
- Enchantingly beautiful during the wet seasons because of an explosion of new plant life, economical safari vacationing in Uganda because of the lowered room prices
Visiting Murchison Falls During the Dry Seasons - Is It The Best Time To Go On Safari Based On Climate, Temperatures & Weather Conditions?Murchison Falls National Park (view trip itinerary) experiences two dry seasons, which are ideal safari vacation times for discerning guests who want to avoid the tourist crowds arrivals in August and September. The first starts in December and continues through early parts of March, and the second dry season falls in June and July. As in other parts of the country, the reserve also experiences two wet seasons though to a lesser degree when compared to other parks in Uganda: the long rains and the short rains. The long wet season starts in August and continues until November, while the short wet season runs from the end of March through May.
If you’re looking for recommendations about the best time to visit Murchison Falls National Park, the dry seasonal months of December to March and June to July is considered the perfect time for a safari holiday. The vegetation is more sparse during this period, which makes it easier for tour guests in Uganda to track and spot wildlife. Because of the low availability of water in other locations, animals are more likely to converge on the riverbanks and waterholes to drink. You may also find that there are fewer bugs during the dry season, which lowers the risk of malaria.
Wet Seasons In Murchison Falls Park & How To Plan Activities During The Rainy Period?In the wet season, Murchison Falls National Park takes on an incredible beauty, thanks to the lush greenery that accompanies the rains. The weather is also somewhat cooler, though you may find that the muddier roads make logistics difficult during your safari. During the wet season, animals are still there, but they’re more scattered and finding them may take longer.
Most lodges and camps at Murchison Falls (where to stay) offer discounts on room rates during this period, which makes touring the reserve in the wet season a good option if you’re on a tighter budget. Further, note that it does not rain continuously throughout the day, and you can wait for the skies to clear and the sun to come out, and reschedule your game drives, nature walks, and boat trips to match the weather conditions of the day where possible.
Other Considerations When Planning Your Safari Dates For Murchison Falls ParkIt’s also helpful to note that the mostly semi-dry season in Murchison Falls Park (June-August) coincides with the summer months in the northern hemisphere. Many guests from North America and Europe prefer to plan their safari to Africa while schools are closed for summer. Bring your children to this natural wonderland and amaze them with the beauty of wild fauna, scenic vistas and lush flora. Not only is this a good time to plan a trip, but you will instill the necessity of wildlife conservation in the minds of the future custodians. You can also consider taking a break from the northern countries’ harsh winter from December to February, when the weather is warmer in this part of Uganda.
When you visit Murchison Falls National Park in August and September, you will likely note that there is a high footfall of tourists. That’s because most visitors like to visit when the Great Wildebeest Migration travels through the Serengeti in Tanzania and Masai Mara in Kenya. Combining a trip to these destinations is a not-to-be-missed opportunity.
Murchison Falls Park Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Murchison Falls In Uganda
Read More +
MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK GUIDE
Murchison Falls Park offer a rich diversity of avian, semi-aquatic and terrestrial life - showcases 76 species of mammals and 451 types of birds. The primary attractions are the falls and mighty Nile River.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN MURCHISON FALLS
Murchison Falls has varied accommodations, from the luxuries of Nile Safari Lodge and Baker's Lodge. The value lodge options are Murchison River, Paraa and Chobe Safari Lodges.
Read More +
MURCHISON FALLS SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Experience safari game drives in the Buligi game tracks area, boat safaris on the Victoria Nile to see the Murchison Falls and Lake Albert Delta, wild chimpanzee trekking safari in Budongo Forest and more.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA
When visiting Murchison Falls for your wildlife safari, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Murchison Falls ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MURCHISON FALLS REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +