GUIDE ON NILE SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Nile Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Perched on the southern banks of the Victoria Nile and surrounded by lush greenery is Nile Safari Lodge. True to its name, the lodge provides touring guests with an immersive experience in Murchison Falls National Park. Safari vacationers in Uganda staying in this high quality luxury stayover will enjoy its authentic and neo-safari appeal, with an open-sided lounge area covered with high-ground thatched roofs and furnished with wooden furniture. The lodge has received a complete rebuild and now showcases unique architecture that blends with the natural surroundings of the riverside flora. In keeping with careful regard for eco-friendly practices, the focus is on a minimal carbon footprint on the delicate biomes.
Stroll along the natural stone pathways to reach the free-form infinity swimming pool, where you can take leisurely dips to cool off or enjoy siestas in the daybeds while enjoying a view of the river flowing lazily beside you. Shade-seekers might wish to make their way to the stone deck on the river to spend some quality safari holiday time in the shadows of the greenery, listening to snorting hippos and singing birds. Stop by Mtoni Spa to revitalize your body, mind, soul with wellness treatments from indulging massages to beauty pampering with a 180-degree panoramic view of the African wilderness in Uganda.
- Standing on an elevation on the southern banks of the Victoria Nile on a verdant wilderness
- Open-sided lounge area with thatched roofs and furnished with wooden furniture
- Free-form, infinity swimming pool for cooling off or taking siestas in daybeds on the poolside
- Deck on the riverbanks to enjoy the pleasant weather and watch birds and hippos
- Mtoni Spa for getting relaxing massages and other beauty treatments
What To Expect At Nile Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 8 wooden bandas with a thatched roof and decked river views
- Choice of staying in the Deluxe, Exclusive or Family Bandas
- Ensuite bathroom with the option of bathtub, indoor and outdoor showers
- The Exclusive Banda has a plunge pool, outdoor star bed and located in a secluded location - ideal for honeymooners
- The Family Banda has its own private swimming pool and can accommodate up to 8 guests
All beds are covered with mosquito netting on a four-poster hanging frame. Glass panels cover the frontage with outdoor views of the surrounding foliage and river. At the same time, fabric curtains serve as a privacy protector. Circular sisal rugs, twin chairs, a wooden journal table, and other Rampel designed pieces of furniture add comfort to the rooms while adding a unique aroma to the interiors. Bathrooms are at the side and include a bath, an outdoor and indoor shower area lined with stones.
The 1 Family Banda is best suited for 8 guests traveling together - perfect for families on safari traveling to Uganda with children. It offers two master bedrooms with two king-size beds and four single beds. There is also a lounge area, a private terrace, and an exclusive-use swimming pool just for the guests staying in the Family Banda.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Nile Safari Lodge On Murchison Falls Safari?
- Leisure river-side wildlife viewing from the lodge environs
- Game drives to spot some of the incredible terrestrial life that thrives in the park
- Murchison Falls river cruises to see the might Nile gushing through the rock cleft to pour into Devil’s Cauldron
- Primate trekking safari in the Budongo Forest, opportunity to track down wild chimpanzees
- Hiking to the top of the scenic Murchison Falls for an alternate vantage point
The other popular activity AfricanMecca recommends in Murchison Falls Park is the boat scenic ride to view the famous Murchison Falls and the wildlife that come to the banks to drink. At the falls, you will witness an incredible spectacle of nature: the mighty Nile forced through a cleft in the rock, scarcely 7 meters in width. The sight of the white water gushing into the Devil’s Cauldron is a truly memorable experience. Also, consider a hike-walk excursion to the top of the falls to view them from above, which provides a whole new perspective. Specialist birdwatching tours along the swamps of the Lake Albert - Nile Delta is another water activity to do here. If you are planning to stay for more than 3 nights, we recommend a chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda’s Budongo Forest to track down these hairy primates that thrive there, alongside blue monkeys, olive baboons, and black and white colobus monkeys.
How Is The Dining At Nile Safari Lodge?
- Delicious meals served in the lodge main dining area or the outdoor patio with views of the river
- Peponi Lounge & Bar serves aperitifs, cocktails, and other alcoholic drinks as requested
- Campfire lit in the evenings for enjoying sundowners and conversations with other travelers
- Selection of authentic Ugandan and international dishes provided
- All preparations cooked using fresh, organic produce sourced locally
Pros & Cons At Nile Safari Lodge In Murchison Falls
What We Like About Nile Safari Lodge
- Secluded location in the southern bank of Murchison Falls Park.
- Authentic safari lodge ambiance with the right blend of ultra-luxury comfort.
- Offers only 8 bandas, providing a personalized and intimate safari vacation experience with few other guests.
- Has the option of booking the Exclusive Banda with a plunge pool and star bed - popular with honeymoon couples. Family Banda is ideal for parents with young children as it has its own exclusive use of a swimming pool and private dining.
- Scenic views of the White Nile River. Mtoni Spa for getting expert massages.
Things To Note When Staying At Nile Safari Lodge
- Accessible only to visitors driving in from other areas of Uganda, not suitable for guests who are flying as the lodge does not have permanent guides nor their own 4x4 vehicles stationed on site. Instead, the lesser quality UWA guides and vehicles are used. You need to arrive with your own expert guide and private 4x4 vehicle from Kampala or Entebbe for the best game viewing experience.
- An upper premier establishment with the highest lodging prices in Murchison Falls Park. Not intended for the mid-range or budget safari holidaymakers looking to saving on room pricing.
- The lodge is popular with Ugandans and expats living in East Africa.
- Being a smaller property with only 8 rooms, it gets booked 12 - 18 months during the peak seasons.
- The primary game drive areas are in the northern bank. Guests need to cross the Paraa ferry at scheduled times on entry and exit. It is a 20-25 minutes drive to Paraa.
Nile Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Nile Safari Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Nile Safari Lodge In Murchison Falls, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY MURCHISON FALLS
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Murchison Falls based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
MURCHISON FALLS SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Murchison Falls? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR NILE SAFARI LODGE IN MURCHISON FALLS UGANDA
When staying at Nile Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Nile Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NILE SAFARI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NILE SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +